Author Topic: What made season 3 so good?  (Read 3986 times)

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
What made season 3 so good?
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
Okay, I just watched the last episode of the ninth season, and know I can say that season 3 was, is and will always be the best season of One Tree Hill  :D IMO.

This thread is for those who always have had season 3 as their favorite and maybe in some of you it changed after season 9.  :o

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
What made season 3 so good?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:17:51 PM »
I think season 3 is a lot of people's favorite season of OTH (including me), but why? I'm not even sure I can explain it, so I was hoping with maybe a few responses here, I'll realize why I personally love it so damn much, haha! What made season 3 so special?

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Re: What made season 3 so good?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 04:53:23 PM »
So many things.
First, the storylines were so great (Brucas relationship, Naley getting back together, the shooting, Peyton with her mom, etc.)
Second, the acting was just GOOD!!!! All the actors were great in this season (Especially Hilarie when her mom died and Sophia in 3.22!)
Plus, everything came together so good and the screentime was well balanced. I don't know what else to say, they were so many things to like about this season!!
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 05:32:55 PM »
For me, season 7 and if the finale is as good as the other 12 episodes, also season 9, top season 3....but what I love from S3 is the balanced screen-time, the great SL's ( both dramatic as comedy ). Hard to explain. The story-lines were greatly written and so on.

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »
Everything made this season the best IMO. Music, storylines, comedy, drama, couples, fights, and the finale with the greatest song baby I'm gonna leave you, hard to explain.

Offline Jayy008

Re: Best season of One tree Hill ever.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
Season 3 IS the best.

I liked the Lucas/Nathan relationship
Naley reunion
BRUCAS
Jeyton.
Deb was the best in this season
And it had Rachel/Mouth

Season 3 was perfect, IMO. It was too depressing like season 2, it balanced happy and sad very well.

Offline Waiting for Jackson

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon:Me
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »
Season 3 has always been my favorite and it still is. I dont think it's ever gonna change. I just love it. The relationships, the friendships..everything was perfect in s3.  ;D

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 05:22:36 PM »
I agree with both of you girls ^^

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 08:01:10 PM »
I'm rewatching the season now and I can't exactly pin point what it was that made the season so likable, but it just was. I guess it was just very relatable. The emotions behind what every character was going through that season connected with the audience on a really personal level I think. Also, it set up a lot of storylines that were going to drive the rest of the show, specifically with Dan killing Keith.

Offline KIM DE JONG

• Icon made by tisdalesmiles, the sig by docent12!<3
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »
Season 3 was, also for me, the BEST season. IMO, that was Mark's magic season of OTH. Even though I personally am convinced Lucas and Peyton belong together, it was awesome to see the chemistry of Sophia and Chad on screen. The jokes, the emotions running high. I knew that by the end of that season, Lucas and Brooke would split. But that didn't mean their relationship wasn't an import and intense storyline. I really loved it. And of course the make up between Nathan and Haley in the rain.. With all the articles of Haley flying everywhere and Nathan collecting all of them again the day after! One of my favorite 'Aww'-moments! The school shooting, the death of Hilarie's mom and Keith made me cry. The 'Darkness' quote Lucas said at the end of the school shooting episode was so dark and beautiful at the same time. The weekend when Rachel invited everyone for a little holiday in her family's cabin and that episode when Haley, Brooke and Peyton had to go to jail made me laugh. The finale made me drop my jaw. Couldn't wait for the next season to come up, and I guess that's the point of an awesome cliffhanger;). The music was another thing that was great about this season. I was ADDICTED to Huddle Formation of The Go! Team. It always reminded me of a happy chearleading tournament where moments would live on forever, haha;).. YES that season was a great one:D
You're a warrior, and you're stronger than anything

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
^I agree with all the things you've mentioned.

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »
Even though I wasn't a Brucas fan at all, I felt Season 3 was the most balanced in terms of storyline. Everyone had something going on, from Haley and Nathan to Lucas and Brooke to Peyton, and everyone interacted with each other on the show.

And the school shooting episode with Keith's death was one of the best written/acted episodes of any television show I have ever seen. Sophia, Chad, Joy, James, Hilarie, Danneel, Lee, Colin, Craig, Paul, Moira all killed it.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »
I think I loved this season,because the core 5 started to grow up...

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 07:55:01 PM »
Season 3 had a lot of good points. I enjoyed Peyton's music/ Ellie storyline. BL were cute & I liked Nathan and Haley building up their relationship again. I kind of liked seeing Haley prove herself to Nathan. I felt like prior he always had to do that.

But I do find the season overrated. It got kind of ridiculous with Pete Wentz and various other things. I thought season 2 was much more realistic and enjoyable.

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 10:49:05 PM »
I really liked the storylines, it was balanced, and had everyone in it in a good amount of screen time.

I loved the Nathan & Haley reunion, of course!!!

I liked Peyton & Ellie storyline, it brought on some good moments and when Ellie died, I was just so sad!!!

Although I am a Lucas & Peyton fan and always will be I didn't mind BL as much as I did in Season 1...and then of course I was happy when Peyton finally did realize she still had feelings for him cuz I was like I knew they were supposed to be together!!!

I loved Nathan & Lucas becoming closer brothers too!!! <3

Overall Season 3 was pretty good!!! <3

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012