Author Topic: Julian writing himself into THHS  (Read 16909 times)

Offline jeytonlove

• Team Peyton
Re: Julian writing himself into THHS
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2012, 12:49:41 PM »
Honestly that sent me over the edge a little bit. I mean Julian making the final basket of the game when Lucas missed it. Julian was in Brooke's sex tape? No. haha. I dont know that just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I am trying to look at the best of the show because its almost over but that annoyed me.
Anyone else feel that way?
ok i was literally yelling at my tv he cannot just write himself in and lucas out the whole show was about luke and nate...i was tore up a little i was so mad and the fact that brooke was ok with this was a little dumb since she apparently loved the fact that who she was made her who she is ... i get aggravated about things that dont matter, but come on julian is ridiculous
"Isn't it funny how you run into destiny on the road you took to avoid it"--Kung Fu Panda
http://media.photobucket.com/image/jake%20and%20peyton/gefreegnomes/ILoveJeyton.gif

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »
ahha yeah.. what makes brooke's story interesting and why people cared for her in the early seasons was her struggles, the ups and downs and failed relationship and that had everything to do with Lucas.. and julian inserting himself in there.. yeah lol

im withwhat u said in the episode review thread, very insulting to fans and... im a brooke fan , i like bju and im insulted by tonights episode.

I know this is an old comment, but I love this post. Everything just goes to Brooke. Why is she the most important character, the only one with the good story to tell? She wasn't necessarily the good girl in the early seasons. People loved Peyton and Haley, but of course Brooke's story is worth telling a little bit more than anyone elses. Her tragedies were harder than other characters because she had parent issues. Not like Peyton didn't have similar issues. Also, I get annoyed that Brooke is the "underdog". She got a happy ending, husband, kids and success. Nathan and Haley had issues too. They aren't getting their own book

And it's weird that Julian is involving himself in high school. Changing things so they are a little easier for him to live with. Just odd. I agree that I'm glad we only had to deal with a couple episodes of this and don't have to watch all of it unfold.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2012, 04:10:07 PM »
I agree it's kind of weird that Julian tries to write himself into high-school, but I don't see why it's so weird that Julian wants the movie/show to focus around Brooke? It's his wife for crying out loud. It makes sense that he wants to make the show revolve around Brooke. If Nathan was a director instead of a basketball player...and if he wanted to film the book...he would have made Haley more important aswell. If Clay was a director instead of an agent...Quinn would always be more important to the project.

And as for writing himself into the story....yes, that's a bit odd. That said, I do get it at some level. Brooke is the love of his life...so it makes sense that he would have loved to see Brooke even happier in high-school...ofcourse he wished they'd met earlier. It kind of makes sense. He shouldn't have rewritten THAT much, but ok.

And I don't get why this makes Brooke the most important character? Who even said that? Mark or anyone else? Like Brooke can help it, that her husband is a director and is inspired...just my opinion ofcourse.

And who said Brooke was the underdog? I don't really understand that one. She's not the only character getting a happy ending.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »
I feel like a lot of people find Brooke to have been the underdog throughout the series. She never got the guy, she had to overcome so many obsticles and such...

Also, I wouldnt' be happy if any of the guys turned the story into a story focused on their lady. I don't want any of them to be the most important.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »
I feel like a lot of people find Brooke to have been the underdog throughout the series. She never got the guy, she had to overcome so many obsticles and such...

Ah, I get it now :) Personally I don't see her as underdog. She had her issues, but so did the other characters. At the end of the day everyone got their happy ending so that felt good to me :)

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »
I agree with you there!! :)

Offline cyke

« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »

Also, I wouldnt' be happy if any of the guys turned the story into a story focused on their lady. I don't want any of them to be the most important.

I never felt that brooke was an underdog. I actually found her to be quite strong, after losing lucas and having dbag parents, she made something of herself and didnít define happiness to involve a guy. going into s5, she was the most successful, still strong and independent as ever. she didnít need a guy but the guy was icing on the cake so I was happy for her in s6, it was in s7-s9 where they tried to make her the victim, the underdog and completely re-write our perception of her for the past 6 years that made me not like brooke as much. I mean im happy she got happiness from her parents but I felt like they did too much happiness for brooke. we already had our resolution between brooke nad victoria. .her and ted was complete rehash of s6 between her and her mom. they tried to bolster brooke up again in s9 and for me it fell flat, no one really cared for the xavier storyline, the thing with her parents felt too much dejavu, the only thing I did like was seeing feisty brooke against tara. but even that was fleeting.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2012, 05:19:55 AM »
no one really cared for the xavier storyline

Noone? I loved that SL and I know there are more people who enjoyed it ;)

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:19 AM »
I don't necessarily think that Brooke is an underdog, I've read that from other people. I feel like there's always this big "Brooke Train" that people are on throughout the show.

Also, I did not like the Xavier storyline either.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
I never felt that brooke was an underdog. I actually found her to be quite strong, after losing lucas and having dbag parents, she made something of herself and didnít define happiness to involve a guy. going into s5, she was the most successful, still strong and independent as ever. she didnít need a guy but the guy was icing on the cake so I was happy for her in s6, it was in s7-s9 where they tried to make her the victim, the underdog and completely re-write our perception of her for the past 6 years that made me not like brooke as much. I mean im happy she got happiness from her parents but I felt like they did too much happiness for brooke. we already had our resolution between brooke nad victoria. .her and ted was complete rehash of s6 between her and her mom. they tried to bolster brooke up again in s9 and for me it fell flat, no one really cared for the xavier storyline, the thing with her parents felt too much dejavu, the only thing I did like was seeing feisty brooke against tara. but even that was fleeting.

Wow, perfect post.

The Xavier storyline was pathetic tbh. It came out of nowhere, went nowhere and had absolutely NO purpose. If only Mark weren't so obsessed with psychos.

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2013, 09:17:59 AM »
First of all, I have no problem with Julian making Brooke the focus of his tv show - she's his wife, the mother of his children, the love of his life, yadda yadda...I could care less.  And I have no problem admitting that I am most definitely not a Brulian fan nor am I a Brucas fan or even a Leyton fan.  What annoys me is how Julian is rewriting not only the show's history but his own history with Brooke.  Wouldn't you want the world to see what really happened as opposed to "the truth" from Lucas's book?  Really - is your own history not good enough that you have to rewrite someone else's?  If I were Brooke I wouldn't be okay with that.  Julian wants to add himself into the THHS years - go for it but at least have the decency and dignity to tell your own story.  Truly make it your own as opposed to recycling and claiming its truth.

And I don't want to be rude because everyone has a right to their own opinions and nobody's is more superior than anyone else's because it's just that - an opinion.  But I really do laugh at how some people are claiming Julian's made his own spin and being creative with it...can I ask how?  Seriously, all he did (from how the show's presented it) was add himself and change characters within the storylines.  He's still telling the "real" stories.  How exactly is that being creative or putting his own spin on things?

Belive me, I'm not getting worked up over this.  LOL!  I didn't watch the actual show for Brulian nor would I ever have any interest in Julian's remake so I honestly don't care what kind of changes he makes or what he keeps the same.  As a Haley/Nathan/Naley/Peyton fan - I don't care at all.  But I am surprised at the Brulian fans who like this.  Why?  I'm genuinely asking because this isn't Brulian's history - it's Brucas's and Leyton's and Naley's and all the old characters.  If I were a Brulian fan I'd want to see a story about THEIR own history, even if Julian had to adjust it to make it fit into the high school era.  There are plenty of fan fictions out there that are AU yet still add in  true touches from the show.  It can be done.

And I'm going to be mean towards Brulian for a moment (my opinions, of course) - Brooke's clearly the center of Julian's universe considering he does nothing except catch the scent of her behind.  Brooke's basically definied Julian's character (and not in a good way) since the moment they first slept together.  Clearly (IMO) Mark and the other writers didn't want to give Julian any other purpose aside from living in the "Brooke bubble".  Here's the point I'm trying to make - he's centering his show around Brooke and make her the most important factor...writing their relationship should be easy for him since that's how he lives so again...why steal someone else's story/work?  Why not just write your own life - your real life?

And on a side note - what does that say about Julian?  All of his quirks - the being a mathlete, not good at sports, catching butterflies, etc are what made Julian who he is (and I love Julian outside of anything concerning Brooke) so why would you change that?  In the four years we watched Julian, he never seemed ashamed of it but changing his whole personality (which changes the Brulian relationship, IMO) makes him appear like he is.  That he didn't like that version of himself - the one who defined him as an individual.  That (to me) makes Julian rather pathetic and it, quite frankly, seemed out of character for him.

So that's my take on Julian's television show.  I just know if I were a Brulian fan I'd want to see their actual story/history being told as opposed to someone else's so I'm surprised at the number of their fans who actually liked what he did.