Author Topic: Julian writing himself into THHS  (Read 16895 times)

Offline CaptainAwesome

Re: Julian writing himself into THHS
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »
who wrote tonight's episode?
I want answers.

I rarely have anything to hate on, cause I don't choose sides really...
...I don't ship anyone, any couple in particular...
..but when you mess with the high school years, I got beef.

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »
the guy who wrote this episode has never written and ep of OTH before, he's only ever written one thing before and that was an ep for a different show.

Offline Jesssica.

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 11:34:42 PM »
yeah everything was so wrong...it was such a letdown after the last episode..

UGH we all know julian could never make a basket anyway

Offline CaptainAwesome

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »
when I picture Julian make a basket, all I see is a flashback to his high fives...  :P

there were nice Luke and Peyton mentions.... and they just ruined all that with this stuff

why couldnt that part be a deleted scene?
leave it for the 2 or 3 people who would actually want to see any part of the high school years rewritten

Offline cherish87

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 05:33:02 AM »
Disliked that idea completely!  Brooke would of never noticed Julian in High school. 
Naley RocKS!...Brucas is AMAZING!...and Fan of the Laley friendship!!!

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 05:58:12 AM »
LOL. He is writing himself into the storyline? That doesn't sound good at all.

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »
I'm thrilled that he added a Julian character to his show and put his own twist on things. Otherwise it'd be just like the book and I'd hate that. He'll probably still tell some of the same stories, just in a different way, and that is something I think Mark did right when they decided to have Julian turn the book in to a show. Well that as well as having Brooke be the main character. Plus, it gave us some REALLY cute Brooke/Julian scenes so no complains from me.  :D

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2012, 09:00:32 AM »
If he doesn't tell the same stories then it won't even be loosely based on Lucas' book lol. He may as well just started a show based on Brooke's high school experience/life would have made more sense.

To be honest, doesn't bother me all that much lol, there's only one episode left so there's only so far this can go.

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
LOL he makes the game winning shot  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dude does he even play basketball? he's not sporty is he? I don't really care for Julian so I know eff all about his character. I just assume he's not cause we never see him.

SO..not only is he writing himself into it..he's writing a different version of himself? is he gonna get a 6'7 guy with a six pack riding round in Harley to play him?

Boy did he just look really sad and lame wanting to be a part of it.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:39 AM »
He'll probably tell some of the same stories, just with another twist to it. And instead of the viewers seeing it mostly through Lucas' eyes, it'll be through Brooke's. Sure, it may be a lot different then the show we've watched and the storylines we've seen, but I'm guessing a lot of things will stay close to the truth, but with some changes. And I like that he's doing that. Gives him more  room to create a show that is his and not just something that he basically copies down from book to a script.

Offline that-was-bruliant

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ - BJU.PJ.TL.
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 10:23:44 AM »
I'm thrilled that he added a Julian character to his show and put his own twist on things. Otherwise it'd be just like the book and I'd hate that. He'll probably still tell some of the same stories, just in a different way, and that is something I think Mark did right when they decided to have Julian turn the book in to a show. Well that as well as having Brooke be the main character. Plus, it gave us some REALLY cute Brooke/Julian scenes so no complains from me.  :D
My sentiments exactly. :D

♥-JohnKrasinski

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 10:34:15 AM »
LOL he makes the game winning shot  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dude does he even play basketball? he's not sporty is he? I don't really care for Julian so I know eff all about his character. I just assume he's not cause we never see him.

SO..not only is he writing himself into it..he's writing a different version of himself? is he gonna get a 6'7 guy with a six pack riding round in Harley to play him?

Boy did he just look really sad and lame wanting to be a part of it.

I have to agree with this haha. I mean, it just doesn't fit at all. I don't really care whether he is part of this new show or how the new show happens because we aren't going to see it but I think Julian doing this just doesn't fit at all and just makes him look unprofessional to be honest.

Offline JTH

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
If he wants to write himself into the high school years he should have been Tim's brother because they are both pathetic.   
"What A frightening thing is the human, a mass of gauges, and dials, and registers, but we can read only a few and those perhaps not accurately."       John Steinbeck

Offline ablackcrow

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
I can understand that there are reactions to Julian "rewriting history", but I'm also thinking that maybe everyone is making too big a deal about this. What happens in Julian's show won't change what the characters know, and what we know, about their lives and high school years. I can't imagine that Lucas' book was written completely the way WE experienced the show either. I mean, of course his book was angled, of coursed he left things out, and made other things bigger. He told it the way he wanted it to be told, and maybe that's all Julian wants to do in order to make his show feel more genuine.

I don't know, it's just a thought. I just want to separate the fact that Julian never went to THHS, and that he did it in the fictional tv-show he's making. It's not the same thing, and I'm not even sure it's rewriting history. Not if we just hold on to our own vision's of the history that WE saw happen... After all, that's the real one. So that's what I'm gonna do anyway :)

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 11:45:51 AM »
End of the day I don't really care if Julian wants to do a show. Fair enough. If he wants to write himself as a character ok. If he wants to play himself, whatever.

It's just CLAIMED to be truthful. To tell Brooke's story. Her story would have been completely different if Julian was there. Especially the way he would write it.

Lucas, love him or hate him, was the one who FIRST gave Brooke confidence to go on to do great things. Nathan was the one she had the sex tape with to show how she was hypocritical and learned from it and learned to forgive Peyton and rebuild her friendship with her.

The game winning shot thing is just hilariously sad..but fair enough if he wants to add it cause the story isn't going to focus on Lucas so he won't be there.

BUT the way he wants to rewrite things will DEFINITELY affect Brooke. Unless he's going to make his Julian character break Brooke's heart and choose Peyton over her and give her the strength to get through all of that stuff then ok. Just don't think he will.

AND yeah it's the second last episode so it's not really THAT big of a deal..but this topic is on Julian's inclusion and i'm discussing it.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.