Author Topic: Julian writing himself into THHS  (Read 16908 times)

Offline Letthegoodtimesroll

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • B-Rok<3
    • http://twitter.com/KWilly714
Julian writing himself into THHS
« on: March 28, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »
Honestly that sent me over the edge a little bit. I mean Julian making the final basket of the game when Lucas missed it. Julian was in Brooke's sex tape? No. haha. I dont know that just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I am trying to look at the best of the show because its almost over but that annoyed me.
Anyone else feel that way?

Nate&Serena<3

Offline cyke

Re: Julian writing himself into THHS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
Honestly that sent me over the edge a little bit. I mean Julian making the final basket of the game when Lucas missed it. Julian was in Brooke's sex tape? No. haha. I dont know that just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I am trying to look at the best of the show because its almost over but that annoyed me.
Anyone else feel that way?

same here, they were trying to go for nostalgia with the boat burning but here we were with julian changing everything around.. it didnt make sense. what was up with this big love song to brooke? i get that she's an important character but this one was taking things a little too far IMO and like last week, the episode, the storyline forced dan into the forefront while tonight brooke was forced down our throats. i coudln't stand this episode.. and how come haley didnt throw anything in the boat, where was she in all this.. she was just there.. uhh.. after such great stuff from her character, this was such a big let down.

i would throw julain's script into the boat. as well as the script for this episode.

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
I get him writing himself into it, but rearranging everything does not sit well with me. I also didn't like like we didn't even get a Lucas or Nathan mention, and then replacing them with himself is horrible imo.

But thank goodness we don't have to deal with much more of this storyline. I couldn't handle half of this episode so I would not watch a single second of another one centered around it.
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 09:26:53 PM »
This is the funniest thing ever.

Also how is it a love song? Basially Julian is saying her life story meant nothing...he needs to be in it. It's amusing actually. Changing things shows lack of love for a person's story not a love song.
icon: docent12

Offline cyke

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »
This is the funniest thing ever.

Also how is it a love song? Basially Julian is saying her life story meant nothing...he needs to be in it. It's amusing actually. Changing things shows lack of love for a person's story not a love song.

ahha yeah.. what makes brooke's story interesting and why people cared for her in the early seasons was her struggles, the ups and downs and failed relationship and that had everything to do with Lucas.. and julian inserting himself in there.. yeah lol

im withwhat u said in the episode review thread, very insulting to fans and... im a brooke fan , i like bju and im insulted by tonights episode.

Offline giokn90

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
And besides, in my opinion Julian's choice to include himself in the show is out of character, Julian is a selfless man that doesn't need spotlight and moreover, he loves Brooke especially because she was able to change and become who she is now, this implies her high-school experiences without any change.
Brian L. Ridings, you did a bad work.

Offline cyke

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »
i mean how hard was it to write:

"are you okay with this, you do know that i spent the better part of my jr and sr year in love with lucas"

"you wouldn't be the brooke davis i knew if it wasn't for all the things you've gone through.. etc etc." i mean that would've been heartfelt and nice.. tongiht was just strange lol

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 09:39:53 PM »
I mean if my husband wanted to tell my high school life and instead of taking what happened truly and telling it from another POV or showing who I was and how I changed and grew and developed ect and instead decided to change things and thought having himself there would be better or inserted other character moments for himself...um yeah no. LOL And stealing from other couples? Really? Typical BJu.

Either Mark did this on purpose to highlight how a true vision can be changed by anyone...or he really meant it as a serious thing where he thinks its great storytelling doesn't matter because end of the day this is the second to last ep ever and instead of focusing on this cr** he could have done so much more (even with Nate absent). I mean why not keep Deb around and she and Haley/Lydia share scenes? ect

Whateves, hopefully the finale won't be such epic fail.

Eps like these remind me why its a good thing OTH is ending.
icon: docent12

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 09:58:59 PM »
LAME. 

If there was anything I was looking forward to, it was possibly hearing about some things we actually saw in Brooke's past from high school.  Her parents was a nice little thing, and at least they were referenced in high school, but I swear there were more hypothetical Julian scenarios than anything which is pathetic.  I can't believe they actually advertised it as taking a trip down memory lane.  I mean Brooke eating those diary pages was very symbolic.  Let's rewrite history literally this time!

Offline JTH

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »
It really kinda pissed me off.  He was basically saying that the life you had before I was around was insignificant, so I'm gonna write myself into it.   
"What A frightening thing is the human, a mass of gauges, and dials, and registers, but we can read only a few and those perhaps not accurately."       John Steinbeck

Offline cyke

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 10:21:22 PM »
^^ he also said the past 9 seasons meant nothing, it was all about brooke... GTFO.. worst episode of the season.. dare to say, the whole series.

Offline rrios912

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 10:24:03 PM »
It really kinda pissed me off.  He was basically saying that the life you had before I was around was insignificant, so I'm gonna write myself into it.   

That's how I took it too. If I were Brooke, I definitely would have said yes when he asked if it were too much. It was pathetic and definitely the lowest point in the episode.

Offline EveBlueGirly

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
That's how I took it too. If I were Brooke, I definitely would have said yes when he asked if it were too much. It was pathetic and definitely the lowest point in the episode.

But Brooke lives in her "Brooke Bubble" so of course she thinks it's great.  It's all about her!

Offline gap

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 11:04:34 PM »
My reaction to this whole thing is just

Forget "Sensitive Julian".  Pathetic Julian more like it.

I seriously thought he was just joking around at first. BUT HE WAS SERIOUS.

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
^That gif is perfect. Where's John when you need him with the plethora of other ones that are perfect right now.
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.