Author Topic: Season premiere  (Read 1970 times)

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Season premiere
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »
I just rewatched 5X01-5X02 and I didn't remember how good this season premier was. We see what happened with the lives of the core 5 and altought the show seems pretty different because they're not in high school anymore, you can feel the OTH vibe! What do you guys think?
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
Re: Season premiere
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
A 21 year old best-selling author, a 21 year old with a multlimillion dollar company...yupp...I totally got why the first episode of season 5 was called "Utopia". :D :D :D

Offline BoogeyMan09

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:38:42 AM »
Ravens wasn't a best seller.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 02:34:23 PM »
I'm a huge fan of the S5-S8 ( soon S9 ) seasons but I have to admit that the first time I watched 5x01 I was shocked by the changes. It felt like a totally different show. It felt like I was watching a first episode of a new series with a few familiar actors, haha! When I got into S5 I learned to appreciate it, and towards the end I was a huge fan. Watching it the second time was even better! LOVED it.

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »
I think Lucas's book was only really THAT famous in Tree Hill...which is obvious. Other than that, old copies were sold in stands in LA  :laugh:
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 12:36:40 PM »
There are tons of books out there, and tons of writers. You got famous writers like John Grisham, etc ; but also the writers who still write likeable books ( and I think Lucas was in that room )  but nothing to fancy. They are not famous or something. That's how I saw his book anyway.

I agree with SMS, that Haley's SL was prolly the most realistic. I guess, along with Peyton who struggled in those years with Lucas and finding her feet in the music business.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »
I just re-watched the premiere & I have to agree. I think the first episode was SOOOOO good. A great recap of what was going on with all the characters. They had a lot to cover in that one episode and I think they did a great job.

Obviously it's not realistic for them all to be uber successful, but they did a good job balancing. Lucas did well with his book, but he wasn't a best seller and live in a mansion, which is realistic. Peyton was an unhappy assistant of an assistant in LA, makes sense. Only one person was successful and it made sense for Brooke.

They did a good job keeping suspense the whole time about LP and BP friendship && the what happened to Nathan storyline. With great flashbacks. It was awesome how they did it all.

The whole season wasn't great (cue Nanny Carrie), but the beginning was amazing!!

Offline cvbaek

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »
I agree Liz. Sometimes I think this is my favorite episode of the whole show