Author Topic: Does it bother anyone that  (Read 4443 times)

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
Re: Does it bother anyone that
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »
^ I think they knew each other, they just ignored one another until Lucas made it to the team. It was then that Lucas became a threat for Nathan, which he hadn't been until that time so they just pretended the other didn't exist.

Offline justafan

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 04:08:41 AM »
^ I think they knew each other, they just ignored one another until Lucas made it to the team. It was then that Lucas became a threat for Nathan, which he hadn't been until that time so they just pretended the other didn't exist.

agree.  it was obvious in the pilot that they all knew of each other, just didn't associate in the same crowds.  Then Lucas joined the basketball team and everyone was sort of always around each other so then everything changed.

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 04:54:46 AM »
I think they all did know each other before the pilot but like its been mentioned already they didn't hang around the same sorts of people.

Lucas/Haley were outsiders & was not involved with the popular kids while the rest of them were all popular.

It didn't really bother me about Peyton not noticing/liking him until after he joined the basketball team...she didn't really know know him she just knew of him if that makes sense...LOL

If it does bother you than you can basically say that about everyone on the show...Nathan and Haley didn't get together until after Lucas joined and Nathan was trying to find a way to get to Lucas through Haley and Brooke didn't go after Lucas until he joined the team and made the winning shot!!!

So no it didn't bother me!!! =)

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 12:39:40 PM »
Lucas and Peyton's interaction started well before he joined the Ravens. For me she was intrigued by him in 1x01 and her feelings/interest grew from there. I don't think it had anything to do with him being on the basketball team. She trashed Nathan for the same thing, because Nathan went overboard on it. I think it has more to do with who Lucas was as a person, and Peyton didn't give a rat's ass if he wanted to play basketball. I think she would've still fallen for him if he was on the debate/chess team.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline justafan

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 03:35:25 AM »
peyton starts having interest in lucas only after he joins the basketball team and therefore becomes one of the "cool guys" at school? it's been some time since i've seen the first season, but if i remember correctly, peyton and lucas already went to school to together for some time. at the beginning, he was almost invisible to her. so those two soulmates only got together because lucas rose up the high school hierarchy and caught peyton's attention?

like others said, it wasn't like they ran in the same social circles.  everyone knew everyone else existed, but no one ever talked to each other.  before Lucas joined the Ravens, he only hung out with Haley and the guys at the river court.

And to be honest, Brooke wouldn't have given a rats ass about him if he didn't join the Ravens