Author Topic: Does it bother anyone that  (Read 4441 times)

Offline swiss citizen

Does it bother anyone that
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
peyton starts having interest in lucas only after he joins the basketball team and therefore becomes one of the "cool guys" at school? it's been some time since i've seen the first season, but if i remember correctly, peyton and lucas already went to school to together for some time. at the beginning, he was almost invisible to her. so those two soulmates only got together because lucas rose up the high school hierarchy and caught peyton's attention?
sorry for my bad english

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
Re: Does it bother anyone that
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »
Well...they did run on completely different circles and in big schools you don't always notice everyone. They spend a lot of time in  season three/four about the fact that you don't always notice everyone in their school or even in their class.

Not saying it's right...but it is how things usually go in high school.
At least, I think...I went to a rather small high school. Most people at least knew others by face. However, even I had classmates I knew very little about.

Oh well...Then again I didn't see the epicness of Leyton in season one. Loved them later on, but wasn't on the lovetrain in season 1, so I didn't really mind things like her not noticing him before.

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »
We don't know wether or not they met before 1x01. It, easily, would have been possible that they already met once or at least saw eachother and ''liked'' eachother. But starting with the pilot they really learned to know eachother. And him joining the basketball-team just happened at the same time. I believe...that..even if he wouldn't have joined they'd still be involved. Maybe not as fast as they did in this scenario but....

But it's late, I'm not making sense :P

Offline BJGfan

• Simply Stunning
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »
I don't think it had anything to do with Lucas moving "higher up" on the social/popular scale. It was obvious in the pilot that they knew of each other but they didn't know each other. They were from different parts of the school and never really took the time to get to know one another. Lucas clearly had some type of feelings for Peyton beforehand--even if it was just based on her looks. He was attracted to her.

Peyton was kind of the "loner" in the popular crowd. She didn't think she necessarily fit in with them or maybe she just thought that's what she "had" to be. She was friends with Brooke and a cheerleader and dating Nathan so it was a given that she was going to be popular.

I think when Lucas joined the team it just gave them a chance to actually get to know each other more than just "knowing of each other". But no, I don't think it's because Lucas climbed up the social ladder.
Paley--they're a team!

Offline swiss citizen

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:48:18 AM »
yes, they did run on completely different circles. but the nasty thing peyton said about lucas in class in episode 1 or 2 implies that she did indeed look down on him in the beginning. it was obvious that he was in love with her since the first episode.
sorry for my bad english

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
yes, they did run on completely different circles. but the nasty thing peyton said about lucas in class in episode 1 or 2 implies that she did indeed look down on him in the beginning. it was obvious that he was in love with her since the first episode.

Peyton obviously didn't look down on Lucas considering he was the first person she ever opened up to despite her calling him a joke. It's not a surprise that season 1 Peyton acted like a bitch and was permanently PMSing 24/7. Before she really got to know Lucas, she had her guard up. Even when she was bonding with Lucas, she was still a bitch about it. Also, Lucas joining the basketball team didn't initially move him up on the popularity pole, but Peyton was one of the very few people who took any interest in him and defended him.

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »
Peyton was a bitch to 99% of people in S1  :laugh:

but seriously. Before Lucas joined the team..they lived in pretty much different worlds. She was also in a relationship with his half brother who hated his guts. She was "meant" to hate Lucas, so she just went with it. It's something teenagers do in high school. She was put in a situation where she had to interact with him and it didn't take long at all for her to change her opinion on him..or actually FORM an opinion on him once they started talking. The fact that she opened up to him so quickly and he saw through her "act" with the "cool kids" is what makes them soulmates or whatever you want to call them.

If Lucas was forced to hang with her but was still a loser...say perhaps he became her tutor or something. They still would have talked and formed a bond.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »
No.  That's how those two worlds collided for everyone.  Nathan, Peyton, and Brooke started noticing Lucas and Haley as they stepped out of the shadows because of the basketball situation.  It's highschool, it's superficial.  What matters is what they saw when they took the time to get to know each other.

Offline Destined4Greatness

• All you need is one.
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »
I thought the OP was talking about Brooke...lol

Offline swiss citizen

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »
I thought the OP was talking about Brooke...lol

??? what does this have to do with brooke?
sorry for my bad english

Offline Destined4Greatness

• All you need is one.
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 05:45:52 PM »
Um..because that's how Brooke was introduced? She was the one who showed interest in Lucas when he joined the basketball team. Not Peyton.

Offline Mahoney13

• Always be true to yourself <3
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »
I dunno, it seems to me (only my opinion) Peyton starts being more interested in Lucas when Brooke goes for it with him, and this annoys me abit because he basically showed Peyton he was interested and she didnt wanna know and then as soon as Brooke decides to go for it and go out with him Peyton wants to know then :\

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 04:30:30 PM »
It bothers me more that Peyton refused to go after Lucas even when she felt something for him allowing Brooke to go after him. It annoys me that Brooke goes after Lucas after knowing that her best friend had some sort of feelings for him and it bothers me how Lucas hooked up with Brooke when he was ~in lurve~ with Peyton. Basically, it bothers me how they were all so stupid from the beginning to the end of that even more stupid love triangle.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
It bothers me more that Peyton refused to go after Lucas even when she felt something for him allowing Brooke to go after him. It annoys me that Brooke goes after Lucas after knowing that her best friend had some sort of feelings for him and it bothers me how Lucas hooked up with Brooke when he was ~in lurve~ with Peyton. Basically, it bothers me how they were all so stupid from the beginning to the end of that even more stupid love triangle.

THIS!!!

NickJess

Offline Chassi

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 05:08:05 PM »
This may be off topic a little bit but didn't S1 start with them being juniors in high school. So did Lucas and Nathan completely avoid each other the first 2 years since I assume they all went to high school at the same time. Idk S1 made it seem like they never really knew about each other until then. I
may be wrong but I haven't watched S1 in a long time so I hope this makes sense.
So I agree it wasn't until the whole basketball situation came into the picture that Peyton really even noticed him.
Hopefully someone can kind of clarify it for me because I am kind of confused about it.