Author Topic: Brooke and Nathan  (Read 13757 times)

Offline dreamedinheist88

Re: Brooke and Nathan
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2011, 07:59:09 PM »
^ honestly the only reasons I've ever seen for people shipping them is 'they're both hot'. Ummm ok cool story. How is that a basis for a relationship? Haha. And the whole they're so similar thing, well, opposites attract my friends. There's a reason for that saying.

Offline Soccer_77

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 10:53:27 AM »
don't worry girls.Nathan is all haleys. :cool:

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2011, 12:56:24 PM »
Oh I don't think anyone is worried,lol, there's absolutely nothing to wordy about when it comes to Nathan and Brooke. Nathan only acknowledges her existence approximately once per season

Offline Brathanislove

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
“The thing is, the two of us have been down very similar roads. We were in the same cliques first, we both felt the same pressures, the same expectations. Our parents were like children and we both grew into kind of bad versions of ourselves way too fast. So I think you know I get it.”

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:34:31 PM by Brathanislove »

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2011, 02:18:19 PM »
“The thing is, the two of us have been down very similar roads. We were in the same cliques first, we both felt the same pressures, the same expectations. Our parents were like children and we both grew into kind of bad versions of ourselves way too fast. So I think you know I get it.”

OMG ! What an epic love story this is. Can't wait for these two to get together in the LAST season. I mean, Nathan getting together with his wife's best friend. That's a dream come true
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »
I think both Nathan and Brooke remember sleeping together but pushed it to the back of their minds considering it's something they probably wanted to forget. When Brooke said "so that did happen" I don't think it's because she forgot per say but just in general like "oh it did happen, I didn't just try to forget about it". Nathan seemed to remember but it didn't mean anything so he didn't even think about it.

Preach, sister.  :)

Offline boop47

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »

It's sad one of the things that makes you ship a couple is a line written for a scene which wasn't in the creator's mind nor the rest of the writers but the demands of the actors who were benefitting with each other at the time. Sad.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2011, 11:29:58 AM »
Please try to be respectfull. You may not get someone ships 2 certain characters but that doesn't have to mean everyone else has to share that opinion. If he wants to ship Brooke and Nathan, let him. And that goes both ways. Not everyone has to like Brooke and Nathan so don't push us to the same opinion. Everyone has the right to have preferences, but don't attack eachother over it.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2011, 12:08:54 PM »
Thats what I think and thats why this thread is called brooke and nathan, If we don't like them, we shouldn't come here and be surprised If we find animations, icons, signatures, or any art related to them.

All cpuples have shippers behind, even those couple you can't even imagine.

Offline Callum.

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »
Brooke and Nathan would have made a hot jackass couple in High School if their characters were to remain their jackass selves. But both characters grew and they don't match they way Haley/Nathan Brooke/Julian do.

I do like their scenes because I like the awkwardness between them and the underlying knowledge that if Haley and Brooke weren't friends, and Brooke wasn't Jamie's godson, they wouldn't be speaking. It's awkward, but I think it's meant to be. No reason not to like it.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 02:54:58 PM »
I don't think anyone's worried Nathan will leave Haley to be with Brooke. LOL

I don't understand why people ship BN or a lot of other couples people seem to gush about (like Nathan/Rachel and Clay/Brooke) but I respect it. Heck I'm a NH fan and I don't understand why I like to watch Haley/Julian, Haley&Lucas and Haley/Clay videos (although I don't ship them, hell no! It's just sort of a guilty pleasure cuz I think Joy has chemistry with everyone) but for some reason I do enjoy watching videos about them without actually thinking Haley will leave Nathan to be with Julian or Lucas or Clay. I guess the difference's there. I don't mind when people enjoy these couples as a guilty pleasure kind of thing but when they actually think they still have some chances of being end game, that's where I think we enter the odd territory but I still respect it, of course.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 03:06:54 PM »
Agreed! It's the way some fans act in regards to ships that amuse me. Fantasy over reality--there's a fine line.

Yeah and some BN fans can be really... interesting, lol.

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2011, 10:07:05 AM »
I love Nathan and Haley -- but I do wish they weren't so endgame from the BEGINNING so we could see them with some other characters.

I'm a BN fan -- but in fantasy. Not like i want them together now. I just see how they were a good/fun pairing in season 1.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »
I think a huge part of NH's magic is that they were never with anyone else and only truly loved each other. If they had dated other people they would've lost all the magic they have, imo. But this is not really the place to talk about it, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about the subject. But I can see why some would like to have seen them with other people.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
I think a huge part of NH's magic is that they were never with anyone else and only truly loved each other. If they had dated other people they would've lost all the magic they have, imo. But this is not really the place to talk about it, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about the subject. But I can see why some would like to have seen them with other people.

Completely agree. It's quite rare these days, especially in the teen-genre that a couple spends so much time together as a couple. Sure, they had arguments and they had 1 huge break but even in that break neither of them spend a serious relationship with someone. They actually show true love. And they don't need to sleep with a few friends or date a few friends to find out they are end-game.