Author Topic: Brooke and Nathan  (Read 13943 times)

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
Re: Brooke and Nathan
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 07:55:58 PM »
I wouldn't say I wanted to them to date or be endgame but I did like seeing their scenes together and their interaction that night of the party, like the sprinkler scene.

I've always liked their interaction, as friends too.  When it all first started, I really loved Brathan, it was just fun to make art and imagine them together, I mean they are both super hot :)

As for them being a couple, not too interested in that, never was, but I've always liked Brathan!

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 06:54:22 PM »
The sprinkler scene was BEYOND adorable! :D

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »
The sprinkler scene was random and awkward. In fact, other than the sprinkler scene, I don't recall Brooke and Nathan EVER having a scene together where it was just the both of them talking, having a heart to heart and actually being friends. And if they did, it was that memorable to me, apparently.

Offline annie

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 08:52:04 PM »
what I wonder is whether there is Brooke and Nathan who are being awkward or if it's James and Sophia? I'm not great at seeing those things. I just sense the awkwardness. but they're kinda my guilty pleasure anyways. AS FRIENDS.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
The sprinkler scene was BEYOND adorable! :D

I agree! While I still agree with what I wrote earlier, that I didn't saw them as a couple or something, I really loved the scenes they did share together. And there were multiple. Not saying they had the amount of screen-time that Brooke/Peyton or Brooke/Haley or whatever other friendship had, but agreeing that they didn't had any memorable scenes together, I cannot. I really wish Mark would have payed more attention to their friendship. It was obvious they cared for eachother and they were always there for eachother when really needed but the real true friendship...lacked due Mark. I love him as a writer and he created some amazing friendships but I just wish he would have given Nathan/Brooke more screen-time aswell. The scenes they did had together...like the sprinkler scene, and the scene they shared before Q's funeral and some others, were actually amazing. But as a couple? Not really. Nathan belongs to Haley and Brooke with Julian or some other guy.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 09:48:28 AM »
I definitely don't want them as and endgame couple...but I've had a little place in my heart for them. They were a perfect couple for season one given how their personalities were similar in the selfish, partying ways. I always wish we saw a little more of their friendship, or just some scenes in general.

The problem with Nathan being an endgame with any other characters is so hard to think about because him and Haley started dating right away basically. They couldn't break them up, and certainly not with another main character. It would have been crazy. So putting Haley aside I would have loved more Brooke/Nathan, but clearly that wasn't going to happen.

As for them happening in season 4 -- I don't think it was so crazy. I think people thought it was because by that point everyone loved Brooke and no one really liked Peyton. I thought that was an evening out point. I don't think Brooke was worse than Peyton or anything, but I do think it was nice for people to be reminded of how Brooke wasn't always a saint. I feel like at that point everyone was so smitten with Brooke and she could do no wrong and that was frustrating because she's as flawed as everyone else. It was necessary to remind everyone. It only made sense that old Brooke and Nathan would hook up at some point. They both had sex with everyone. Ha.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »
I've always found that odd thought. That they slept together on that tape. When was that exactly? Before Haley and Nathan met? Before season 1? Because I remember a conversation ( I rewatched S1 + S2 the past few weeks ) in which it was mentioned they never did anything together. I really don't recall how exactly it was mentioned but when we saw the tape in S4 I remember being..OMG. Because I could never remember the most little hint they ever did it before.

Offline myyOTHfan.

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »
I never saw Brooke & Nathan as a couple or anything, cause Nate's perfect with Haley. It didn't suprise me that they once slept together (before S1), a drunk hook-up makes sense for them because of the party people they were, and you know how that turns out in tv shows...
They did have some really nice friendship moments, like the sprinklers fight in S4 (weird timing just before the sex tape release though! :P) and their conversation before Quentin's funeral in S6. Really liked the 6x03 scene! It's nice and logical that they get along well, but never wished they were a couple.
oth - BRATHAN - BROOKE and NATHAN - Sprinkler Scene!!!
One Tree Hill 6x03 Brooke and Nathan

Nick & Simon! 11-10-2013♥♥♥

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 04:12:46 PM »
I've always found that odd thought. That they slept together on that tape. When was that exactly? Before Haley and Nathan met? Before season 1? Because I remember a conversation ( I rewatched S1 + S2 the past few weeks ) in which it was mentioned they never did anything together. I really don't recall how exactly it was mentioned but when we saw the tape in S4 I remember being..OMG. Because I could never remember the most little hint they ever did it before.

Well in season 4 they mentioned that they didn't remember because Brooke even said in the episode: "Oh, so I guess that did happen..." so they were obviously so drunk they don't even remember. Ha.

I don't blame them for doing it. I don't think any of us actually liked Brooke or Nathan in season 1 (or at least we weren't supposed to like them) so it makes sense that those types of people would have hooked up and not cared about friendships. They grew since then, but it made sense. Which is why I think it made Brooke and Peyton even. I hate the whole debate of Brooke SLEPT with Nathan and Peyton KISSED Lucas, because given the circumstances they were the same type of thing for the characters...if that makes sense ;)

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 11:19:56 AM »
I understand and I can see each point of view but you can't change what some people think about Nathan and Brooke, whatever we can give as an argument they don't care because liking couples is something from heart, subjective.

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 11:24:38 AM »
I wasn't writing to you Sam in particular, sorry If you felt I was.  :-? :-?

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »
Okay ;)

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Well in season 4 they mentioned that they didn't remember because Brooke even said in the episode: "Oh, so I guess that did happen..." so they were obviously so drunk they don't even remember. Ha.

Ah, yea, I remember. Thanks! Still a bit odd thought. I've never been drunk so maybe that's why I don't get how you could forget sleeping with someone close to you....I mean...they must have remembered SOMEthing right? I couldn't imagine them making that tape ( Nathan even had it in the house so he certainly must have remembered..), and forgetting it. But ok...in S1+S2 they couldn't have known they would create that SL I guess. Otherwise they would have given more signals in the earlier seasons...

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »
I have been drunk enough that I don't remember anything from the night before so it's totally believable to me that they didn't remember. I didn't find it odd that they had slept together way back when. I mean they were basically a slut and a man-whore so the fact that they ended up in bed together during one of the many parties wasn't so out of the blue. That said, I still hated the storyline.

As for Nathan and Brooke, I always found their scenes awkward and forced. If they interacted in a group setting it wasn't as bad but the sprinkler scene and 6x03 especially were just weird to me. As for people shipping them as a couple because of their similar backgrounds, I find that odd considering many people avoid having relationships very similar to themselves. I don't think they ever would have been more than a probably drunken fling like the sex tape indicated.
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 07:55:21 PM »
Sadly, I have friends who don't remember sleeping with someone because they were so drunk. But it's entirely possible they weren't drunk enough to remember it, but just wanted to forget it ever happened like you said.

Another random think I remembered just now, I once had someone try to convince me Nathan & Brooke should be endgame because they looked more similar that NH and that means they look better together. I mean if you want to ship them at least come up with a valid reason besides "they look better together."
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.