Author Topic: Brooke and Nathan  (Read 13763 times)

Offline Brathanislove

Brooke and Nathan
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:40:44 AM »
LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Did anyone really want them to be endgame?

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
Re: Brooke and Nathan
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 06:21:05 AM »
No and I honestly don't get why people ship them, as much as I respect it. Is it because they just look hot together (like I've seen the most part of NB fans say) or because they're "similar"? Or is it because of the 4 scenes they shared together? ;D

I know they both had absentee parents but so has everyone else in Tree Hill. lol
And yes, they were both "evil" and bad people in the beginning who then changed because of the ones they loved but like some people have said, Haley and Peyton both had mothers dying because of cancer, does that mean I want them together and ship them? No.

There are so many things in this show that have been similar and have had repetitive storylines so I can't ship Brathan just because of their "similar" lives. They're not even real friends, they never were and no one makes me believe those scenes they shared in season 6 which were completely random and came out of nowhere (imo) don't have anything to do with the fact James and Sophia were dating at the time.

Sorry but not only don't I ship Brathan, I also can't seem to understand why people ship them. If people ship Nathan & Peyton or even Nathan & Carrie, I understand that a lot better because we've seen Nathan having some type of connection to those characters. With Brooke, besides the contrived sextape, what else do you have to ship them? Nothing.

Haley is perfect for Nathan and Julian is perfect for Brooke.

But shipping couples is a complex process so I respect whoever ships them :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:29:04 AM by HaleyScott23 »

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 09:30:16 AM »
I love both characters but I don't think they'd work as a couple. They haven't even had THAT much scenes together so for me it's impossible to ship them. I love the scenes they had together thought, as friends. I wish the writers did more with that! I wouldn't want a relationship but a great friendship? That could work. Right now, I just see them as people who know eachother and like eachother. But if it wasn't for Haley I don't think they'd actually see eachother much. But like I said...I wish Mark did more with that friendship because the scenes they DID had, proved that a friendship like that could work greatly.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 06:48:19 PM »
LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Did anyone really want them to be endgame?

http://www.fanforum.com/f153/twin-souls-%7Bnathan%E1%83%A6brooke%7D-197-give-brooke-my-best-tell-her-i-said-not-afraid-what-comes-next-62977193/index9.html

You will feel at home in there even though I'm sure a lot of these people will end up making a little visit to the hospice someday. "Twin Souls". BWAHAHA.

To answer your question, no I don't ship them. These two aren't even friends, just acquaintances. They had like 1/2 scenes from S1 to S3. And the scenes in S4 only happened because... well, Marky wanted to make his precious Peyton look like a saint by making Brooke look bad. Unfortunately, he used Nathan for that. And that's it. The other scenes you have between them happen because the actors are dating IRL (and like it was said before they requested scenes together) and because of Haley. Never did they have a heart to heart that wasn't influenced by off-screen events. So 99% of the scenes BN shared are either because:

1) the actors are dating IRL (which is oh so professional)
2) Marky was drunk with Sunkist and decided that it was a good idea to use Nathan as a plot device to the BLP triangle
3) Haley, the only person right now linking these two souls who were born for each other, is struggling and going through hard times
4) it's rude that they don't say a thing to each other whenever they see one another.

Yes, perfect couple right there. Can't you smell the epicness?

People ship them because they're similar? Oh yes! Jake and Mouth both walked on KC's floor, I ship them! And Haley and Deb both have been touched by a psycho nanny, I ship them! Lucas and Nathan used to eat boogers when they were kids, I ship them!

If BN fans could control this show, it would be a big and complex orgy.

But yes, Brooke/Nathan are definitely "twin souls":

Maybe my twin soul is Yvonne Strahovski and I don't know. Hey, after all we're both inhabitants of the planet Earth! People should ship us!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:54:14 PM by John »

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »
Nathan and Brooke just wouldn't make sense. In season 1 maybe, but not at this point. And thank god for that. Julian is perfect for Brooke, and while I think Haley should be with a more exiting guy, he fits better with her then with Brooke. They're good friends and that's perfect for them in my opinion.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 10:36:47 PM »
As a couple?Ewww no!:D I always just wanted them to be friends,but well...we all know that they never were really close.

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »
Jake and Haley can both sing/play the guitar and were teen parents, are they twin souls too?

John, I don't know what makes me love you more...your post on BN or that you seen to be a fan of Yvonne.
icon: docent12

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 05:31:11 PM »
As much as a lot of you hate this, there is the fact that some people really like them as a DREAM couple, not as a real one. For me as couple never mind, they just didn't fix together.

Offline fantasticoth

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 08:27:41 AM »
Yes! ;D ;D There's not a men in the world which wouldn't cheat on Haley/Bethany with Brooke/Sophia!

Sophia is more good looking than Bethany. James Lafferty will tell you that! ;D

Offline blahblah

• by Hanna
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
Yes! ;D ;D There's not a men in the world which wouldn't cheat on Haley/Bethany with Brooke/Sophia!

Funny. have you met this guy named John?  He's being known for having a lot better taste than James.  :P
No offence, but honestly, how ridiculous is what you said?
And Brathan as a couple would be my nightmare, I'm very grateful that this never happened. At some point, Brooke would turn him (like all her guys) into her puppy which would have absolutely nothing to say about their relationship and life. It's not something I would want for my fave male character.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:36:45 PM by blahblah »

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 01:32:23 PM »
Jake and Haley
John, I don't know what makes me love you more...your post on BN or that you seen to be a fan of Yvonne.

What about both? ;)

have you met this guy named John?  He's being known for having a lot better taste than James.

I like you already :) You're a smart cookie.

And fantasticoth, please tell me what's your username over at fanforum! You can only be a product of "Twin souls" thread due to the level of lunacy. I'm positive.

I go to that thread whenever I want to have a good laugh. I advise you to do the same. You'll find things like:

"Nathan knew something wasn't right with Brooke, if that's not a friendship, I don't know what is!" Yeah, they're actually talking about the 8x18 scene when Brooke is CRYING and Nathan tells everyone Lydia is born. I wonder what made Nathan realize Brooke was upset. It certainly wasn't for the crying because people cry when they're thrilled so that is really a very intense and deep relationship they have there for him to know she wasn't okay. He saw it in her puffy eyes.

Sorry I just couldn't resist. I always laugh my ass off at the things people write in that thread. Forget pot, go to the "twin souls" thread instead and it has the advtange of being legal.

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »
Totally a guilty pleasure! ;]
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline blahblah

• by Hanna
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »
I like you already  You're a smart cookie.

If you like me then you're a smart cookie too.  ^-^

I always found this NB twin souls thread a good place where I could find... entertaining things lol. I never took it seriously what they're saying though, they're alone named themselves delusional.

Offline annie

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »
am I the only one finding their scenes awkward? but still, I like them as friends, and wish they would be more believable as someone who actually wanted to talk to eachother. to me it seems like they're forced to even smile at each other.  and as a couple? oh god no! cringe. please don't bother me about my english and the grammar, I'm bad enough when I'm awake, and now I'm half asleep..

Offline Krystal

• IntheMoon
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • long live. ♫
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 07:50:03 PM »
I will never understand why anyone wanted/would've wanted them to be 'end game' or together at any point.

-They barely interacted, and usually when they did it was awkward and forced.
-They don't really have anything in common (apart from their families both being messed up and the fact they both used to to be quite friendly 'jocks')
-They never really had any chemistry.
-Nathan has had another half since s1 and Brooke was with Lucas at this time, which is probably the second most popular couple.

I mean I can understand in 'AU world', but other than that I don't get it.

There is only One T r e e Hill.