Author Topic: In 5x10 why did Haley...  (Read 3195 times)

BobMarley23

In 5x10 why did Haley...
« on: November 26, 2011, 05:10:35 AM »
In 5x10 why did Haley hug Nathan at the end even though she was upset with him?

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
Re: In 5x10 why did Haley...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:10:19 AM »
Because she wanted to believe in him when he told her that nothing more had happened between him and Carrie. Haley was clearly ready to forgive him because she thought what had happened between them had been Carrie jumping into the shower with him and them flirting. That's what Nathan had told her and she believed in him. However, when she realized Nathan had lied to her once again she just lost it and rightfully so, in my opinion. If he had lied to her about the kiss, by not telling her, all the other things he had said before to her (Carrie was the one flirting, Carrie was the one jumping in the shower and so on) might not have been true as well.

That's how I always saw that scene. Haley just wanted all of it to be over and she was ready to move on but when she figured Nathan had lied to her that same morning and didn't tell her something so important such as kiss exchanged with other woman, Haley pushed him away again.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 07:07:36 PM »
What she (^^) said. That and because the thought of Nathan being so blatanly stupid and idiot was such a distant thought for Haley that she didn't even consider he would've lied to her after everything he had already done.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:42:07 AM by John »

BobMarley23

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
No i'm saying that the hug she gave him was a little abrupt and sudden. She was upset with him and then he walks in and then she gives him a hug.

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »
I think she needed the comfort of a hug by her husband. That was a stressful time and I think she needed to be held and be told that everything was going to be OK.
Yes she was upset but she still looked to him for comfort, hoping he would be able to give it to her.

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 02:22:14 AM »
She needed a hug because he was her husband and as mad as she was, she loves him. She misses him even though she asked him to leave. She wanted his comfort. She didn't want them to split up and she wanted to know that they were ok.

Offline chadbethanyjoyfan

• yes
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »
i was on haley side and didn't care bout nathan side

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 08:07:20 AM »
I hate that Haley was so mad at Nathan in this episode. I think she should have at least given him the benefit of the doubt.

Nathan has always been a good husband/boyfriend to her. One 4 month period is not enough to wipe away how great he was. It was crazy that she just freaked out when some broad came into the shower with him. I don't know, there's just something about how she reacted that bothered me. I felt really bad for Nathan.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »
I hate that Haley was so mad at Nathan in this episode. I think she should have at least given him the benefit of the doubt.

Nathan has always been a good husband/boyfriend to her. One 4 month period is not enough to wipe away how great he was. It was crazy that she just freaked out when some broad came into the shower with him. I don't know, there's just something about how she reacted that bothered me. I felt really bad for Nathan.

So basically because Nathan decided to clean up his act she should just ignore the way he hurt her. She'd not allowed to be hurt by his constant rejection and the way he treated their child? Thats crazy to me. Thats like saying Nathan should have instantly forgiven her the minute she returned to Tree Hill. Her little couple months tour did not erase how amazing she was to him the rest of the time.

I personally don't think anyone can over-react to seeing their husband naked in the shower with another woman. Over reacting would have been shooting him. I think she made the smart decision to ask him to leave so that she could calm down and sort through things herself.

I don't think she is wrong or horrible for expecting honesty out of her husband and then being devastated that he's lying to her about something so serious. And their child's nanny being a whore is serious.

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 12:35:14 AM »
I think she should have at least given him the benefit of the doubt.

She did. She let him tell her what happened and then she said there better not be anything more. Even after hearing her say that, Nathan did not come clean about the kiss. Then she got upset when she realised he had withheld something important from her. Thereís always his thing I see some people not seeing...Haley wasnít upset that Carries kissed Nathan, she was upset that Nathan didnít tell her. Itís an important distinction.

Letís see that day...Haley caught her husband in the shower naked with the Nanny (and that Carrie was doing things behind her back), she had her child tell her he hates her and wishes the Nanny was his mother, and she found out her husband hadnít told her the whole truth and instead had to hear about the kiss from Carrie after Nate told her there was nothing more that happened.

Yeah, Haley had no right to be upset & mad that day.

I donít get it. I read all the time people saying that Haley is too perfect...and yet the time she does act human and shows emotion and flaws...sheís labelled as overacting and being a bi*ch.

I don't feel totally bad for Nathan because the moment Carrie was reacting badly and disrespecting his wife (for instance swimming in the pool naked) he should have spoken up and told Haley but he didn't...so he dug his own grave (he made his bed...he had to lie in it). He should have been honest with Haley about Carrie from the start and saved them all the heartache. But as he admitted himself...he let it go on because he was enjoying the attention from Carrie. So he is not blameless in all this. He knew on some level Carrie was disrespecting his family but he let it go for his own ego (and yes he didn't want to hurt Haley but still a part of him was enjoying the attention as again he admitted). Nathan didn't deserve to have Carrie violate his personal space and basically assault him in the shower, but it's also not so black and white that we can't let Haley have her moment of anger and disapointment as well. Any wife would have been uspet in this situation. If haley hadn't reacted she would be a robot with like no feelings.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:40:17 AM by Jessica01 »
icon: docent12

Offline BoogeyMan09

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 07:02:21 AM »
^Word.

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 08:09:44 AM »
I'm not bashing Haley as a character, just in this particular scene. I just felt she was expecting the worse out of him .

I agree later, after she talked it over with him and said "there better not be anything more" -- then she has a reason to be upset. He definitely was a dummy when it came to telling her about how she was coming on to him. Nathan isn't known for great decision making (cue Dante), but if I saw my husband in the shower like that I would yell at the woman and kick her ass then talk to my husband. It would be different if Nathan was known for dating around or something, but he never has done that with Haley as his wife.

Haley just went insane about everything in that situation. Calling for a divorce so quickly, just wanting to give up on their relationship and such. It was very odd. I don't think Nathan had done THAT much that would warrent ending their marriage or giving up on him. Yes, frustration and counceling would be important, but she just went crazy about it and I felt bad for Nathan. There was just something about Haley in that stretch of episodes that was getting frustrating. She's usually the nicest, and most confident woman on the show (IMO) and there she was just boring, lecturing, insecure woman and it was starting to bother me. Like a little too over-dramatic.

Offline BoogeyMan09

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
But she called for divorce when Jamie almost died, I think it was ok, I mean i guess she was just seeing that it's getting worse and worse and it's effecting Jamie...

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »
I don't even think that she meant it like that when she told Nathan she wanted to get a divorce.They were fighting and didn't realize that Jamie was in danger.Haley was mad and I think that she kinda freaked out when Jamie almost drowned in the pool.This situation just added to her frustration and anger.

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »
Haley saying she wanted a divorce was her reacting in the heat of the moment. We all say things when are emotions are on high and especially say things we don't truly mean deep down in our hearts.  She was reacting without thinking and she was hurting. Her son had just nearly died, she found out her husband had lied... and she was lashing out.  No one in that situation would react with a clear head. She needed time to think and some space...and eventually she let Nate back and they had counselling ect. Itís not like she went through with it and was upset with him for months ect.
icon: docent12