Author Topic: Haley overreacting  (Read 10262 times)

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ -- art: lj
Re: Haley overreacting
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
I guess that's the way of thinking that makes someone admire LP's "epicness". It doesn't matter if Peyton was the one who should always have that ring. Lucas loved other girls and didn't mind that they wore the ring who was supposed to be for the woman of his life. Which means that, to him, there was more than one girl he thought was the one. To some, that's epicness. To me it's just lameness.

LOL obsessed much with the word 'epicness'? You keep coming back with that word and then complain about it. Stop using it. Some LPers do tend to think LP's love story was epic and if you don't, then you don't.

It was NOT about how Lucas thought there were more than 'the one'.
First, Brooke wore it not because Lucas proposed to her. So technically it doesn't count.
Second, the reason Lucas gave Lindsey that ring was pure laziness. He didn't even care for Lindsey (see multiple occasions for proof of this point) and he wanted to numb the pain of getting emotionally attached to Peyton ONCE AGAIN so he wasn't thinking (big surprise on that part) and proposed to Lindsey with the ring that was meant for Peyton. I think what is even worse than Lucas using that ring for two different women is the fact that he didn't even feel the necessity to buy a new, different ring for Lindsey.
scars are just skin growing back thicker when it heals

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 01:58:38 PM »
LOL obsessed much with the word 'epicness'? You keep coming back with that word and then complain about it. Stop using it. Some LPers do tend to think LP's love story was epic and if you don't, then you don't.

It was NOT about how Lucas thought there were more than 'the one'.
First, Brooke wore it not because Lucas proposed to her. So technically it doesn't count.
Second, the reason Lucas gave Lindsey that ring was pure laziness. He didn't even care for Lindsey (see multiple occasions for proof of this point) and he wanted to numb the pain of getting emotionally attached to Peyton ONCE AGAIN so he wasn't thinking (big surprise on that part) and proposed to Lindsey with the ring that was meant for Peyton. I think what is even worse than Lucas using that ring for two different women is the fact that he didn't even feel the necessity to buy a new, different ring for Lindsey.

Yes, 'epic' is my middle name so that's a normal reaction of my part.

Yeah well, then I just don't get how some Peyton fans can ship her with a guy "who doesn't think" (although in that sense LP are perfect for each other 8) and proposes to girls he "doesn't care about"? Lucas is a looney then.

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 03:22:28 PM »
Yes, 'epic' is my middle name so that's a normal reaction of my part.[/qoute]

c'mon. the joke is getting old

Yeah well, then I just don't get how some Peyton fans can ship her with a guy "who doesn't think" (although in that sense LP are perfect for each other 8) and proposes to girls he "doesn't care about"? Lucas is a looney then.

okay, IF you had any knowledge whatsoever of the LP fanbase you would know that this is one of the major critical and most discussed topics ever. Most LP fans are primarily Peyton fans and most have never understood how Lucas could have been so 'stupid' to propose to Lindsey. But most, like me, have gotten over it and filed it under 'one of Lucas' most stupid and premature decissions'.
I also try to keep in mind that OTH is a drama show so you Mark and the writers had to create drama to keep the show going. I mean LP could have gotten each other in S1 it was that obvious. But we all know that would have made the show really boring since it wouldn't have served its purpose.

/okay idk whats from if it is my computer or the html of the site but it somehow shows my comments as a quote. i tried to fix it but it didn't work D:

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2011, 09:45:12 AM »
okay, IF you had any knowledge whatsoever of the LP fanbase you would know that this is one of the major critical and most discussed topics ever. Most LP fans are primarily Peyton fans and most have never understood how Lucas could have been so 'stupid' to propose to Lindsey. But most, like me, have gotten over it and filed it under 'one of Lucas' most stupid and premature decissions'.
I also try to keep in mind that OTH is a drama show so you Mark and the writers had to create drama to keep the show going. I mean LP could have gotten each other in S1 it was that obvious. But we all know that would have made the show really boring since it wouldn't have served its purpose.

/okay idk whats from if it is my computer or the html of the site but it somehow shows my comments as a quote. i tried to fix it but it didn't work D:

I know that and that's what makes me wonder why the hell Peyton fans feel the need to support Peyton with a guy who has to be excused with things that don't make any sense at all (ie: "Oh Lucas was stupid to propose to Lindsey", "He's stupid and premature"). Can't you or Peyton find someone else better that doesn't need to be excused with lame things about his personality?

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2011, 10:52:47 AM »
Because despite of all his flaws he truly loves her and she loves him back. Because he makes her happy. Because he is the one for her. Because even if he is not a perfect guy, he has his good moments too. Because they need each other to be truly happy. I can come up with a lot more if you want...

"But to see HER was to love HER, love but HER, and love HER forever"

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
Because despite of all his flaws he truly loves her and she loves him back. Because he makes her happy. Because he is the one for her. Because even if he is not a perfect guy, he has his good moments too. Because they need each other to be truly happy. I can come up with a lot more if you want...

This!!

NickJess

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2011, 01:55:07 PM »

Okay then. I don't agree with it but whatever floats your boat.

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2011, 03:30:17 PM »

This exactly.

because they need each other to feel complete. Noone else could ever even compare. For Peyton it would always come back to Lucas and the other way around. The good outweighs the bad, always. And that's more you could possibly ask for.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2011, 04:02:47 PM »
This exactly.

because they need each other to feel complete. Noone else could ever even compare. For Peyton it would always come back to Lucas and the other way around. The good outweighs the bad, always. And that's more you could possibly ask for.

I think they're also the solution for world hunger. Yes, because that was the only argument the show didn't use to show how LP are just it for each other.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
I don't see how she was self-righteous or holier than thou with LP. She was just telling it like it is, she doens't need to bring up her past mistakes because LP being sucky people is on them, it has nothing to do with her past. She made a bad decision at 17, so what? That doesn't mean she's wrong Lucas when he's being an ass or that she should try to justify Leyton what they were doing to her friend Lindsey. I don't see what her past has to do with being a good friend who actually tells you what you need to hear and not what yo want to hear. Just because she made a mistake doesn't mean she shouldn't call Luke out for also making one. And really from what I've seen, the only people with an issue with Haley re LP are LP fans who defend every sucky and messed up thing either of them do, so who ever isn't kissing their asses or praising their amazing connection is wrong, just an observation.

As for the Peyton/Lindsey debate, I was glad she defended Lindsey becasue Peyton is a HORRIBLE friend to everyone, especially Haley and always has been, imo. I was glad she mostly tried to stay neutral and didn't have excluse loyalty for the epic suckiness that was LP. When talking about the PH being friends in this thread, people seem to forget forget that they basically said that up until Peyton coming back to TH, her and Haley hadn't spoken in years. Which means when the love of Haley's life almost died and was paralyzed she didn't even rate a phone call/visit from her good friend Peyton, shows how great that freindship is. Also Lucas and his GF(of obviously a while) had been there for her since they were around. That was the toughest time in her life up until that point and her good friend Peyton was off in LA probably screwing Julian. I don't know why Haley was supposed to defend Peyton and Leyton to Lindsey just because they hung out in High School, but whatever.

As for Naley, the fact that she even tried to listen and talk to Nathan after she caught him in the shower shows to me not only how much she loved him but how committed she was to their marriage and making it work. She was completley in love with him and just like it took months for Nathan to get over HAley's bad behavior, it was going to take her a while to get over Nathan's harm to them as a couple and family. Haley was insecure that season not only because of their situation but Nathan's rejection. Do people remember the fight they had where she threatened to leave? NAthan told her he was nothing and had nothing? Depressed or not, that has to hurt to hear from the love of your life that you and your child aren't enough for him if he doesn't have basketball? He basically told her she wasn't enough. So then after her ultimatum he wakes up. Just because he suddenly stopped ignoring her and being an ass doesn't mean her hurts are instantly healed. It doesn't mean she can instantly go back to trusting that she is enought for him. Then she see him in the shower with another woman. She was devastated. We all know that nothing was going on, but that's quite the compromising position to be caught in. It just brought those insecurities that she had been feeling since the beginning of the season. But still after she calmed down and thought about it, she wanted to talk to him. All she wanted was to hold him and make her pain go away and yet he continued to lie to her.

Nathan let another woman come between them, not Haley. The problem wasn't her trusting him, it was him closing himself off from her and not being honest. Every time something happened she trusted him. When he told her something, she believed him. It was only after he contined to lie that she had an issue. Adding that to the fact that she was holding everything in to keep her family together and being a good mother, it started wearing on her. Nathan's treatment of her was wearing on her. Her son's favoring the Nanny was wearing on her. But she tried everything to be strong for them and hold it together. It wasn't until she saw her baby boy floating in a pool after almost drowning that she exploded. But even then she had her moment and pushed Nathan away, but she still did EVERYTHING she could to keep their marriage together. She got mad and dropped the big "D" but when it all came down to it, she fought for their marriage even went to counseling so that they could figure out their issues.

She wasn't normal sweet Haley placating everyone's feelings, but she was far from a bitch. If you want see a bitch see Peyton seasons 1-6.

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 01:13:14 AM »
I never understood the argument that Haley should have had more allegiance to Peyton then Lindsey.

HP were friends for around 2 years in High School, plus they never seemed that close anymore after the S3 debacle, then they didn't talk or see each other for four years (and I believe Lucas started dating Lindsey for 3 years, so technically Haley would have known Lindsey longer at this point) and during those 4 years, Haley's father died and her husband got into an accident so it's not like Peyton was was there..whereas Lindsey probably was.
icon: docent12

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 02:35:56 AM »
Haley just greatly annoyed me with how she approached the situation. I get her being upset about what was happening, but it wouldn't have hurt to get another POV before jumping down Peyton's throat like she'd never done anything wrong in her life.

I know that and that's what makes me wonder why the hell Peyton fans feel the need to support Peyton with a guy who has to be excused with things that don't make any sense at all (ie: "Oh Lucas was stupid to propose to Lindsey", "He's stupid and premature"). Can't you or Peyton find someone else better that doesn't need to be excused with lame things about his personality?

People don't excuse his actions with things like that. As far as understanding some different concepts... it's called reading between the lines. Deep stories tend to involve that. It isn't black & white. Now I will say we can blame Mark and his ambiguity in explaining a lot of things for that, but it's not impossible to understand, and it's definitely not that cut and dry either.
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2013, 08:23:59 AM »
Can someone please explain to me what Haley did wrong concerning Nathan.  As a woman, I don't see a damn thing.  Her husband sat on the couch like a lazy bastard, drinking himself into a stupor.  She was taking care of their child by herself.  While I feel for Nathan losing his dream, he caused it on his own.  It was his own anger that screwed things up for him.  And what's he do - take it out on his wife and son.  He was a dick!  We didn't see everything that Haley went through for the four months prior but I didn't need to - I saw it just fine in those first few episodes.  Let's not forget that he told her he had nothing in 502.  Seriously, did Haley and Jamie mean nothing to him at all.  And I am on Haley's side - and that's not because I'm a Haley fan.  I feel like any woman, specifically a wife and mother, would feel the same.  I can't fathom someone not.  I feel like (and this is just my own interpretation of things) anyone who blames Haley for this or thinks she overreacted is a non-Haley fan who's just looking for something to hate on her for.  Again, my own feelings on it.  If my husband ever treats me and/or my child like that - you better believe my reaction would be ten times worse.  I would have also slapped him a couple times.  Her reaction was completely justified.

And in terms of the Carrie situation - again, how did Haley overreact?  Nathan lied to her.  He never told her about the way Carrie acted towards him - how inappropriate she was.  How she disregarded Haley's request not to wear a bikini by swimming naked.  And he actually encouraged it by saying "Haley doesn't need to know everything" - seriously, what kind of husband does that?  It's incredibly disrespectful and I found that to be the worst thing he did.  Carrie kissed him and again, he did nothing.  He should have fired the bitch and then told Haley everything.  The shower incident - no, it wasn't his fault but all of his actions led up to this point.  He's still completely blameful in this situation.  Sorry, but he is.  If I were Haley I would have thrown his ass out, too.  And she was willing to talk to him about everything later and work it out but she found out he lied to her about everything.  I wouldn't be able to trust my husband right away after that either.  I don't get how people say she overreacted and then say she should have been able to forgive and forget in 511 - what?!  It's been a week and she should just forget about everything.  Please, now that's ridiculous.

I get so frustrated when people are constantly bringing up Haley's past mistake.  Gosh, she made a mistake 6 years ago (when she was 16/17 by the way) - what, that means she's never allowed to call others out on theirs?  Peyton made a mistake by cheating with her best friend's boyfriend in season 1 yet she called out Haley's in season 3; Brooke lied about being pregnant but how many times has she thrown Peyton's mistake in her face; Lucas has made his fair share of mistakes over the years but he's still called others out...I could go on and on but I think you get the point.  Haley more than made up for that mistake; she owned up to it, grew up and learned from it.  Every other character on the show has made mistakes.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly don't condemn them as long as they're sincere about fixing those mistakes, especially for things that happened years prior.  If I did, I don't think I'd like a single character.  LOL!  And I swear, Haley and Peyton are the two characters who get the most flack for their mistakes while, IMO, Brooke gets the least; it seems like she always gets a free pass by both the other characters and some fans.  Haley was way too up Brooke's ass for my liking, especially seasons 4 & 8 as was Julian.  That's just the way I personally see things, though.

I also don't get it when people call Haley sanctimonious or claim she has a holier-than-though attitude. She never once went around proclaiming she knew everything about marriage or that her marriage was perfect of anything like that.  Clearly, her marriage wasn't perfect as Naley was facing major problems at the time.  All she said was that marriage is serious and Lucas better know what he's getting into - that's TRUE!  Haley saw him kissing another girl while he's "committed" to another and then next day he's suddenly engaged.  As a friend to Lucas, Peyton, and Lindsey, Haley had every right to say something.  The same with what she said to Peyton. While I honestly don't blame Peyton in the Leyton breakup or condemn her for kissing Lucas, she did know he was in a relationship with Lindsey so she's not completely innocent.  And I do feel like Haley had a right to call her out on that.  And Peyton did kind of lie about not coming home for Lucas - so again, Haley had a right to call her out on that.  Now I will say that I don't get Haley's last line - "you've gotta stop trying to take that away from him".  That didn't make any sense and it made Peyton appear to be the one solely at fault.  I don't know what the writers were thinking with that line.  But then again, I'm sure Haley knew only Lucas's version of what happened in LA and in his version, Peyton was the bad guy who rejected him and broke his heart.  But that aside, I do think Haley had a right to say something so I don't hold anything against her.  I've said this in another thread - if Haley had continued to say crap then I'd feel she acted like a bitch and should have backed off.  But she didn't.  She didn't continue to harp on the situation - it happened in all of one episode - but yup, she's totally a self-rhiteous bitch.   ::)