Author Topic: Haley overreacting  (Read 9994 times)

Offline StarlightSweetie

• I'm a VIP!
  • ♥L&P♥ True love never ends ♡
Re: Haley overreacting
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »
Let me just ask you a question: did you feel the same way and reacted just the same when Peyton and Brooke cranked Jude Law jokes in front of Haley for what had happened with Nathan and Carrie? Because that to me is even worse than Haley not saying anything when Lindsey was "saying bad things" about Peyton. And if you didn't react the same way, then you're a hypocrite.

I never said that I liked the comments that BP made, but for some reason, I always expected more from Haley as she was always the mature one of the three (actually out of the main 5).

People have got to stop with the 'Peyton was such a bitch to Lindsey' argument because I'm pretty sure Lindsey was a bitch right back to Peyton. Yeah, Peyton was a bitch about the bamboo but she apologized for it. Then poor Lindsey overheard Peyton talking to Haley and goes stomping all the way home to Lucas calling Peyton a bitch. Then she stomps all the way to NH's house for dinner and further more bitches about Peyton and insinuated she can kick Peyton's ass (LOL). Meanwhile, Peyton has not said or done anything 'bitchy' to Lindsey since she made that comment about not liking her. Then they get to TRIC and what does Lindsey do? She CONTINUES to whine/bitch about Peyton to anyone who will listen about Peyton being everywhere in which Peyton rudely interrupts Lindsey's conversation with Haley. Then we see Lindsey, yet again, bitching about Peyton to Lucas and then goes up to Peyton to PURPOSELY be a bitch to her face. And so on.... Basically, Lindsey was just as much of a bitch as Peyton and instigated just as much crap as Peyton.

Agreed

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
What changed my opinion completely about Haley is when LL were over at NH's for dinner and Lindsay was talking bad about Peyton, Haley didn't really do that much to defend her "supposed" friend and she laughed when Lindsay said how she wants to kick Peyton's ass.

that's because peyton and haley weren't friends again yet early in S5. People forget that Peyton left TH and barely talked to anyone from there again for 4 years. She didn't even talk to Brooke or her own boyfriend much, I highly doubt she maintained her relationship with Haley. Lindsey was much more Haley's friend than Peyton was in S5. PH barely acted like they knew each other and were friends until later in S5. And Haley actually DID defend Peyton, but she's not responsible for what Lindsey said and did. I don't know what you wanted her to do. And honestly if the fact that she doesn't worship the ground peyton walks on and proclaim her amazingness to everyone who dared insult her is the reason you don't like her character, then I think you need to find new ways to judge character.

as for the rest of this thread, Haley didn't react any differently than any of the other girls on the show ave reacted when seeing/hearing about their guy with another girl. And yet somehow Haley is the on;y one who over-reacts...hmmmm.

oh and Nathan NEVER  would have told Haley about the situation if she hadn't caught them in the shower! How do you think that looked? OF COURSE he would try to tell her what happened after she had seen them both naked in her bathroom, he'd be an idiot if he didn't, but by then it was too late because Haley knew what she saw. Honestly I don't think there's a woman alive(who's not a complete pushover) who wouldn't throw their husband out after seeing him naked in the bathroom with the hot nanny.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:10:36 PM by dreamedinheist88 »

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »
Haley was always the mature one of the three (actually out of the main 5).

I agree. Finally you make sense!

I don't care how long ago it was or how Haley learned from her mistakes in season 2, the bottom line is that she had no right to stand in front of Lucas with a 'holier-than-though, I'm so righteous' attitude when she not only kissed another guy, but left her husband to go on tour with said guy. Before Haley fans start jumping down my throat, I do think she has every right, as Lucas' friend and Lindsey's friend, to approach Lucas about his proposal and let him know how serious marriage is. What I don't agree with is her entire attitude, demeanor and condescending tone to Lucas about it. Maybe if Haley had said something along the lines of how she messed up her marriage a long time ago so she's just looking out for both Lucas and Lindsey or something, then whatever. But she approached Lucas like she's God and has never made a mistaken when it came to her marriage/relationship.

This was the funniest thing I've ever read in my life! Oh, but who am I to say this? Back when I was still a little portion of sperm I somehow communicated and conveyed a message that something wasn't funny when it really was so I have no authority to say this is funny now, at least not while I chose the wrong attitude to express it. If I had been positioned at a different angle and managed to put my facial features (which were pretty much the same at that time) more aligned with the rest of my body, maybe I could actually say something. I'm sorry.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
All the characters have done mistakes so i don't think it's time to blame Haley.

Offline iloveny-x

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
I agree. Finally you make sense!

This was the funniest thing I've ever read in my life! Oh, but who am I to say this? Back when I was still a little portion of sperm I somehow communicated and conveyed a message that something wasn't funny when it really was so I have no authority to say this is funny now, at least not while I chose the wrong attitude to express it. If I had been positioned at a different angle and managed to put my facial features (which were pretty much the same at that time) more aligned with the rest of my body, maybe I could actually say something. I'm sorry.

This gif is the best thing about the whole thread.

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 04:30:05 AM »

And for all the LP revolted fans: it really isn't Haley's fault that Peyton wasn't the first woman Lucas said 'yes' to and it wasn't her who made him want to marry some other woman so you can throw off all your bad energies on somebody else other than Lindsey and Haley. Haley can be an angel or a bitch, nothing will ever change the fact that Peyton wasn't the first woman Lucas gave Keith's ring to. That will never change. NEVER. And I laugh my ass off about that. Talk about epic love. LMAO.

And I laugh my ass off about this. You should get your facts straight. Because Peyton WAS the first woman Lucas gave Keith's ring to. She just didn't take it.
And then we see Lucas dreaming about proposing to Lindsey. But guess what, even that dream is all about Peyton being in her underwear on his bed.

"But to see HER was to love HER, love but HER, and love HER forever"

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 04:57:14 AM »
And I laugh my ass off about this. You should get your facts straight. Because Peyton WAS the first woman Lucas gave Keith's ring to. She just didn't take it.
And then we see Lucas dreaming about proposing to Lindsey. But guess what, even that dream is all about Peyton being in her underwear on his bed.

She technically wasn't because she never used it. Peyton's fingers weren't the first wearing it (given by Lucas) and that will never change. Nha nha nhanhanha.

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 06:36:04 AM »
When Lucas proposed to Peyton in 505 he thought she will wear the ring forever. So yeah, the ring was for Peyton from Lucas POV. So the ring was always meant for Peyton.

Lucas proposed to Lindsey because she found the ring Lucas proposed to Peyton with.

And technically Lindsey wasn't the first woman who wore the ring after Karen either. Because Brooke wore it too. Both Lindsey and Brooke wore the ring, but in the end neither one of them could keep it. Just like Lucas. They both loved him, but neither could compete with his love for Peyton. That's why both left him and gave him the ring back. Both knew it wasn't meant for them.

In the end, the ring is on Peyton's finger FOREVER now. Nha nha nhanhanha.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »
When Lucas proposed to Peyton in 505 he thought she will wear the ring forever. So yeah, the ring was for Peyton from Lucas POV. So the ring was always meant for Peyton.

Lucas proposed to Lindsey because she found the ring Lucas proposed to Peyton with.

And technically Lindsey wasn't the first woman who wore the ring after Karen either. Because Brooke wore it too. Both Lindsey and Brooke wore the ring, but in the end neither one of them could keep it. Just like Lucas. They both loved him, but neither could compete with his love for Peyton. That's why both left him and gave him the ring back. Both knew it wasn't meant for them.

In the end, the ring is on Peyton's finger FOREVER now. Nha nha nhanhanha.

Omgosh exactly!!

NickJess

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »
Because Brooke wore it too. Both Lindsey and Brooke wore the ring

That makes it worse to me. LOL

Offline overcode

• L♥P; M♥D
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 07:42:25 AM »
It was because of the ring that broke LP up. And even though some other people wear it, it was clearly showed that it was meant for Peyton. And ultimatelly the meaning behind it brought them back together. So no, the fact that other people wore it, doesn't make it worst. Because no matter how many girls Lucas tried to give, the ring returned where it belongs.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 09:07:03 AM »
It was because of the ring that broke LP up. And even though some other people wear it, it was clearly showed that it was meant for Peyton. And ultimatelly the meaning behind it brought them back together. So no, the fact that other people wore it, doesn't make it worst. Because no matter how many girls Lucas tried to give, the ring returned where it belongs.

I guess that's the way of thinking that makes someone admire LP's "epicness". It doesn't matter if Peyton was the one who should always have that ring. Lucas loved other girls and didn't mind that they wore the ring who was supposed to be for the woman of his life. Which means that, to him, there was more than one girl he thought was the one. To some, that's epicness. To me it's just lameness.

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2011, 10:37:07 AM »
I guess that's the way of thinking that makes someone admire LP's "epicness". It doesn't matter if Peyton was the one who should always have that ring. Lucas loved other girls and didn't mind that they wore the ring who was supposed to be for the woman of his life. Which means that, to him, there was more than one girl he thought was the one. To some, that's epicness. To me it's just lameness.

Totally agree with this. Never found LP "epic," mainly because of Lucas and his indecision all the time about what girl he wanted.
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »
Thats Lucas stroy life, what's the girl HE wants to be with LOL...

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
^ I respectfully disagree. People constantly blame Haley for what she did in season 2 and I think that isn't fair at all. Whenever she does something that may be up for discussion, there comes the "oh she did this and that thousands of years ago so she doesn't have the right to do this and that" excuse. I guess Haley really is so cool that people have problems finding things to blame her and only have that one to serve as an excuse. I don't get it. So, for example, just because someone used to be on drugs and then gave it up, that person can't tell a friend they should not consume drugs because it's wrong and bad for you? It's odd to think like that, no matter what tone or attitude you use, imo.

In my opinion, she doesn't have the right to act so righteous and give off that holier-than-thou attitude just because she witnessed two people doing something wrong. I think you're completely missing my point. I'm not saying that she can't tell Lucas what he did was wrong or that she can't call her friends out on their BS because she should. I'm saying that her entire attitude while lecturing Lucas was not necessary because regardless if it happened a million years ago or not, Haley STILL screwed up. Like I said, it's one thing for her to tell Lucas that marriage is serious because she's been in his place one and screwed things up with Nathan. It's completely different when she's standing there looking down on Lucas and lecturing him about how serious marriage is with a condescending, holier-than-thou, righteous attitude.

I do think Haley could have approached the Peyton/Lucas/Lindsey situation differently but I've always seen her reacting that way because of everything she had on her plate at that moment and she didn't want Lucas' marriage to suffer like hers was at the time. I've seen people (and I'm just giving out an example, I know this has nothing to do with Haley or this situation) excusing Peyton being a bitch to Haley in S3 because of everything that was going on with Ellie at the time. Why can't people think the same way for Haley? I don't get it. I guess I just never saw her acting so superior about it. All I saw was a angry and frustrated Haley who wanted nothing more than protect Lucas' heart and stop him from making the same mistakes from the past.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't her marriage with Nathan getting better at that point? Carrie was still around and hadn't yet did anything for Haley to be suspicious about, so what all could she have had on her plate? She had a difficult time while Nathan was a depressed ass, but they were getting better. I don't see Haley's reaction as her having so much on her plate. I see it more of Haley being judgmental and righteous. Perhaps she was trying to protect Lucas from making the same mistakes again and from making the mistakes she did in her marriage, I don't know, but her entire attitude about it wasn't warranted and she could have approached both Lucas and Peyton better.