Author Topic: Nathan&Haley- Something I've noticed  (Read 7152 times)

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
Re: Nathan&Haley- Something I've noticed
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 02:56:15 PM »
John, I can honestly say I don't understand how you ship NH and think Haley's too good for Nathan. I, at least, can only ship couple when I love both characters and think they're just right for each other. There were times when Nathan screwed up and times where Haley screwed up. But what they did then to save their marriage and love is proof enough that they are good for each other and deserve each other. IMO.

I like Nathan, he's just not my favourite person/character, he's either an ass or a flower and I was never a fan of that. I ship NH because I like Haley. I can honestly say I ship everyone with Haley, even Chris Keller. Don't know why though and that must make me a bad NH fan but I don't think I like them less than anyone else in here. You do have a point, but you saying that one must love both characters to ship a couple is not true at all.

And I do think Haley's far too good for Nathan. even Nathan himself thinks that, lol. With the number of times he screws up, were I Haley and I would've left him a long time ago. The girl sure has a lot of patience to deal with some of his things.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »
I'm probably one of the few people who think its fair to compare s5 and s2. I think the problem is when people compare Chris to Carrie. Those interlopers weren't the issue, imo. It was Nathan and Haley and their actions. The love never changed and those other people never mattered.

What I think is similar for Haley in S2 and Nathan in S5 is selfishness. Haley put her dreams before her marriage. Nathan put the loss of his dreams in front of both his marriage and his child. I don't think depression is an excuse. It took Haley threatening to leave him to get his act together (something fans bashed her for, said she was ah horrible wife for not understanding his pain and standing by him in his time of need, even thogh she did so for 4 months). Also with CArrie his selfish need for ego stroking is why he didn't put Carrie in her place sooner. Nathan isn't that stupid and he admitted in 5x13 to needing that attention. To me that no different that HAley needing Chris's help with her music. I firmly believe that Haley didn't have any non-platonic feeling for Chris she just thought she needed him to make her dreams come true. She put her need of his help, above Nathan's feelings.

Also I still to this day believe that the reason Nathan is forgiven more easily because we didn't see his assiness last as long as it did. Haley dealt with it for 4 months, we saw it for like 2 episodes. We also didn't get to see Haley's pain from his action, unlike in s2 where they showed us just how selfish she was and just how hurt Nathan was as a result. I think Nathan benefitted from the timing off story. I think if Nathan behavior lasted like that for 5 or 6 eppy  it would have gotten old quick and we saw how that affected his wife and son, we would have gotten a better nderstanding of the pain he caused Haley.

If you look in the thread and the s5 section, people are quick to defend his depression. I remember when Haley snapped at Jamie, she was called a bad mother by posters. But people never call Nathan a bad father and he pretty much ignored his son for months in favor of drinking. He treated his wife and son like crap for months and it was instantly fogiven. I get depressing but I don't think its fair to excuse that behavior for months. And Haley fans know better than anyone, if she treated Nathan like that for so long it would never be forgiven.

I do think its a valid point though that reason Haley forgives NAthan more easily is because she sees the good in him and undestand when it makes mistakes. The difference is Nathan has always put Haley on a pedastal so when she falls in his eye, she falls hard.

I also don't get why Nathan gets the immaturity excuse in s4 when Haley doesn't get it s2 and Haley was a whole year younger than Nathan. And I'm one of those people who always felt that Nathan was wrong to give her an ultimatum. Haley wasn't leaving him, she was just going on tour. She didn't say it was over or that she wanted out. He said it was her dreams or their marriage. I'm not defending her because she was wrong and way more wrong than Nathan. I just disagree with the notion that NAthan doesn't shae any blame. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:07:53 PM by swindellbc »

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 11:55:25 PM »
I agree. That neither are perfect. One of the things that I loved most and way NH was my all time favorite cople on this show was the maturity and mutual respect that they have for eachother and that they've always had. Even at 16. When one screwed up, the other didn't take it as an excuse move on and get with someone else. The loved eachtoher and even when they were devastated by the other, they never wanted anyone else and didn't even try to look. They fought for eachother.

I know in other thread they talk about it not being realistic that they married that young and stayed together throughout, but I disagree. I feel like Naley relationshp was the closest to real love. To me its most like the quote from the Bible:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

To me, this is Naley. The love eachother but they also repsect eachother. They trust eachother. They made sacrafices for eachother. They were faithful. They listen to eachother. They do no throw the other's past mistakes in eachother's faces. They don't get mad and go start dating the other's bestfriend. IF things don't go their way or happen when they want it, they don't give up and walk away. They haven't spit on the relationship with be with others. They work for it and work through their issues. They don't run when things get tough, that doesn't mean they don't need space sometimes.

Also I disagree with the idea that Nathan isn't good enough for Haley. Nathan is exactly what she needed. She needed someone who wasn't perfect. Who didn't always do the right/expected thing. If it wasn't for Nathan she would have never develped the courage to share talent. I don't think perfect/play it safe Haley from s1 would have eve left in the middle of the night, in the middle of her junior year to go on tour if it wasn't for Nathan constant support and encourgament of her dreams.  Nathan also gave her a confidence in herself that she didn't have. He adores her. He gave up his dream to help her with hers. He eventually didn't like the direction she was going but that shouldn't negate all the love and support her gave her before that. He's not perfect but he's so amazing and sweet to her 99% of the time.Remembe when he gave her rain. NAthan's love was simple and perfect and just what she needed. 

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 01:30:18 PM »
I really like this thread. It's a pleasure to reread my posts over this topic. And everyone else's too, of course.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
This thread sums up a lot of what I have been thinking lately. I disagree with the OP & agree with Carrie for sure. Especially in season 5. Haley gave Nathan too hard of a time for what went on with Carrie. I got really sick and tired of watching him suck up to Haley just because of the Carrie incident. He really did nothing wrong. If anything, I understand he should have told Haley about it right away, but he did not kiss her back. You could see he was trying to be respectful and nice to her as an employee. He didn't ask for anything and he didn't let her do anything. He stopped her immediately.

I feel like as the season so goes on he's just telling Haley that she's better than him and so forgiving and she really wasn't that nice. Obviously he doesn't just get away with it because she kissed Chris 6 years prior, but she doesn't even seem to give Nathan the time of day. In theropy she talks about how she's too busy working and parenting their child to be "sexy" and that's crap. They are 22 and they can definitely spend time together and she can definitely swim naked with her husband in a pool. Why doesn't she realize that. Nathan always puts Haley first and she seems to put Jamie first. I'm not saying kids aren't important, but husbands are too.

Haley was definitely being a huge bitch in season 5 to Nathan and I feel that he NEVER gets the recognition he deserves from her. He doesn't screw up as much as she makes it out to be and she is constantly acting like she's too busy for him and she's working so hard and blah blah blah. I think Haley gets too much recognition sometimes for how dumb she can sometimes be. Don't get me wrong, Haley is my favorite character, but in season 5 she was WAYYY too hard on Nathan IMO.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
Liz, with all due respect, but I don't agree with you at all in some of the things that you said, which is perfectly okay, but that POV bothers me a little. As I stated in the OP, I feel like the male characters in this show get away with the things they do way too easily and women are the ones I see scrutinizing the female characters the most for their actions. It's the same thing when it comes to calling Brooke a slut and other things, but I digress.

He really did nothing wrong. If anything, I understand he should have told Haley about it right away, but he did not kiss her back. You could see he was trying to be respectful and nice to her as an employee. He didn't ask for anything and he didn't let her do anything. He stopped her immediately.

I definitely do not agree with this. He may not have kissed Carrie back, but he did absolutely nothing to stop her obvious advances on him and that was the reason why Carrie thought that he wanted her and that she was going to get him. Nathan just did nothing about the situation, except for that one time where he told her she had drunk a little too much and was unprofessional, but even after that, she ignored him and went to the pool anyway and Nathan, once again, pretended like she wasn't doing a thing he knew his wife didn't approve of. That bothered me, how she flirted with him and he said and did nothing, over and over again. However, what bothered me the most was how he was all "Haley doesn't need to know everything" to Carrie. What husband does that? That's Nathan fully disrespecting his wife in order to save another woman's ass from being rightfully fired. That personally annoyed me more than the whole shower thing, which I'm totally on Haley's side, too.

She just finds her husband in the shower with the Nanny and while I agree her immediate reaction might have been a little impulsive and she could've let him explain himself, it's also understandable. I'd act like a psycho biatch if I found my man in the shower with somebody else too. Nonetheless, we see later in the episode that Haley's willing to talk to him. She asks him if there's something else other than the flirting and he lies straight to her face. All on Nathan. If Nathan had told her about the kiss right in that moment, everything would've been different, but he didn't. He lied and aggravated the situation even more. Haley had trusted him in that moment and when Carrie tells her the truth, she still decides to believe her husband over her and that's why you see her hugging him by the end of the episode where it's clear she's just ready to forgive him and move on. Then she learns he had yet again lied to her and she just rightfully explodes and reaches her limit (even if I don't agree with her wanting a divorce at that moment). If I had been Haley, I would've let him stay in the dog house for a lot longer than she actually.

she makes it out to be and she is constantly acting like she's too busy for him and she's working so hard and blah blah blah

But where did you get this from, Liz? I fully understood in 5x13 that Haley was talking about that time where she had be both a mother and a father to Jamie because her husband was too busy feeling sorry for himself and ignored his family for 4 months straight. I don't blame her for not having time to be sexy for him or even wanting to. Even before the whole Carrie thing, it was obvious Haley was still hurt that Nathan basically pretended he didn't have a wife and a child for such a long time. That wound was still far from being closed and then the Carrie incident happened and things just got too much for her. That was always my interpretation.

I'm a Haley fan, so maybe I am biased but I think this has more to do with the feminist side of me than anything else. Women are always expected to please their husbands, be good mothers and whatnot, but when men blantly ignore their families, everything's okay and people still pat their backs in return, but if it's a woman doing it, the sky will fall down! That image that women have to be the perfect housewives is still so present nowadays that it really annoys.

I agree that husbands are important and if Haley, for absolutely no reason, said that she didn't have time to be sexy and to be with Nathan, I would blame her but I can't in this situation. Nathan didn't deserve it after how much he had damaged his family in those four months. Women aren't robots. Who is the woman who's hurt by her husband and still gets sexy for him? I don't work like that. My husband will get what he deserves and if he hurt me and my son like Nathan hurt Haley and Jamie, I certainly wouldn't bother to give him that. Not until I was fully healed which Haley wasn't by that time.

But that's just my perception, I just wanted to clear it out :)

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 03:12:23 PM »
HaleyScott23 (sorry I dont' know your name), I love reading your POV too!

When I say that Haley was too busy I was referring to the counseling session when she was talking about why they can't have fun, and "so you're saying I should swim naked in the pool?" -- what's wrong with doing those types of fun things and be a parent. Parents/adults are able to find time for their husband/wife normally. I just felt like Nathan was in his depression for 4 months and Haley was acting as though he hasn't been a good husband for his whole life. Haley just overdramatized every part of their relationship. Just like when she jumped to the divorce because of a fight and told him that she knew who she married and it was her fault. Just seemed too dramatic. IMO.

Nathan seemed innocently dumb with the Nanny situation. I really don't think he was into her at alll. I think most guys would be tempted by another woman, but Nathan never joyfully watched her swimming or let her come onto him. He always said no to her. It bothered me that he never told Haley about it, but that was Nathan just being dumb, not a cheater or anything.

I do love Haley, and I usually relate to her, but her being 22 and saying they are parents to they can't have fun and such was a little annoying. I can see why a husband would enjoy feeling special to someone else. That happens all the time. It was a realistic storyline.

Everything, to me, was Carrie's fault she was rightfully fired and thrown out on her ass. If I were Haley I would have done that and then some. I just think her treating Nathan was a bit unfair.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »
Thanks for replying, Liz! I appreciate it. I feel like I've misunderstood you the first time so I apologize in advance.

When I say that Haley was too busy I was referring to the counseling session when she was talking about why they can't have fun, and "so you're saying I should swim naked in the pool?" -- what's wrong with doing those types of fun things and be a parent. Parents/adults are able to find time for their husband/wife normally. I just felt like Nathan was in his depression for 4 months and Haley was acting as though he hasn't been a good husband for his whole life. Haley just overdramatized every part of their relationship. Just like when she jumped to the divorce because of a fight and told him that she knew who she married and it was her fault. Just seemed too dramatic. IMO.

Oh, I completely agree there, especially about the parts in bold. I never understood what the heck Haley was talking about in that scene and what she even meant with those words so I agree. I do agree she overdramatized things as far the divorce thing was concerned, but as I said before, I do understand her reaction and everything she did afterwards.

Nathan seemed innocently dumb with the Nanny situation. I really don't think he was into her at alll. I think most guys would be tempted by another woman, but Nathan never joyfully watched her swimming or let her come onto him. He always said no to her. It bothered me that he never told Haley about it, but that was Nathan just being dumb, not a cheater or anything.

True and I'm sure most part of the guys out there wouldn't have resisted, but what Nathan said in 9x13 bothered me. The attention he had from Carrie boosted his ego. It didn't sit right to me, mainly because I think that if you really, really love someone then you can only boost your ego with that person's attention, not somebody else. Maybe this is an utopic perception, but my ego isn't boosted up when other guys other than my boyfriend hit on me, because I just don't care. Nathan may not have been interested in Carrie, but he liked the attention, he admitted so himself and that bothered me, as I've said before. But yes, he was more than dumb with Carrie, especially when he used to be this player. He KNEW what Carrie wanted, it was impossible not to know that, imo.
He knew Haley was acting like that because of what he had done and instead of paying attention to the Nanny, regardless of his intentions, I think he could've focused more on trying to fix what he had originally ruined.

I do love Haley, and I usually relate to her, but her being 22 and saying they are parents to they can't have fun and such was a little annoying.

Oh, most certainly. That annoyed me as well. I'm a NH fan but trust me, that aspect of their relationship has always been one of the things I've criticized the most. They acted like they were 60 and weren't allowed to have fun, because of everything that happened to them at such a young age.

I can see why a husband would enjoy feeling special to someone else. That happens all the time. It was a realistic storyline.

For sure, it is realistic, but I'd still get hurt if I knew my boyfriend liked getting attention from skanks. Again, I know this is sort of impossible, but I still don't like it and take it very seriously but I'm a girl and men and women tend to view these things differently, from what I can tell.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 04:59:12 PM »
Haley is my favorite character -- even in her bitchy times ;)  I love how people can see the same scene and take it two different ways !

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
Considering Nathan started S5 a depressed drunk who ignore Haley and Jamie I don't know how anyone can say he always puts them first.

I don't think any response is overdramatic when dealing with an alcoholic who traumatized her child for months. I think its unfair to expect Haley to instantly forget all that Nathan put her through. The Carrie stuff was literally weeks after he recovered from depression. I hate this notion that Haley should have instantly gotten over it. Its not like she was bringing it up years later. Just like Nathan needed time to forgive her for hurting him, she needed to time to truly get through everything he put her through. This is honestly why I feel that timing always benefited Nathan. Because what we didn't see was Haley not having a husband and being a single mother for 4 months while Nathan drowned his sorrows. Why would she waste her time trying to be sexy for a man who barely acknowledged her or their son?

I never believed she really meant that she wanted a divorce. I think her son almost drowning while she was distracted fighting with Nathan terrified her and she lashed out in fear and exhaustion. Sometime people get upset/confused and say things they don't mean. Nathan's done that too.

I do love Haley, and I usually relate to her, but her being 22 and saying they are parents to they can't have fun and such was a little annoying. I can see why a husband would enjoy feeling special to someone else. That happens all the time. It was a realistic storyline.

Everything, to me, was Carrie's fault she was rightfully fired and thrown out on her ass. If I were Haley I would have done that and then some. I just think her treating Nathan was a bit unfair.

Nathan stopped being innocent to me when he mentioned that he enjoyed the attention. To me that means he liked it, knew it was wrong, yet let it continue. Nathan was not innocent because he chose to allow the behavior to continue and hid it from his wife. He does not get points for being faithful. Thats what he's supposed to do.

I don't get why Haley was supposed to be happy about her husband allowing the dishonest harpy around their child and learned that he was not honest about her flirting with him.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
Sorry, I didn't see that you responded to my post.

I agree with what you're saying about Haley having to put up with Nathan being a drunk. And I agree that I would be upset too if I were Haley with that behavior. We didn't see it, so it's hard to judge. In the grand scheme of things, 4 months just seems to small compared to all we've seen him do and how we have seen him always put Haley first. I find it hard to just assume that he was cheating on her from one scene. I agree that it was right after he got out of his depression. So she hadn't had time to get back in the swing of things.

My problem comes from her acting like they aren't even a fun/young couple. I understand they are married and have a child so the spark may be gone, but she just expects Nathan to feel the same way. I think anyone would be flattered and enjoy that type of attention from an attractive young  person of the opposite sex. So I can't fault him for that. If my wife doesn't give me attention and someone else is flirting with me, that would make me feel good. I know that sounds bad, but I think people can understand that. I don't think that by any means OKs him if he kissed her or something. I think he definitely should have told Haley. THat's when Nathan was dumb as shit. haha

You bring up a good point about how he had to get passed the hurt she caused in season 2 so she has to do the same. There was just something about Haley's attitude towards Nathan in the first half of season 5 that seemed over dramatic. Nathan was not unfaithful. He was just distant and going through his own problems. Which is a big difference between how she was with Chris in season 2.

haha, I never realized what a pro-Nathan person I am. ;) Haley really is my favorite character usually...you'd never guess it!!

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 06:01:59 PM »
That basically like saying emotional infidelity is ok as long as he doesn't touch because Haley's not giving him the attention he wants. He should have fired her PERIOD. But he chose not to and chose to lie to Haley because he liked the attention. Nathan was awful and I don't understand that at all. Also if Nathan was feeling neglected, he should have tried harder to spend alone time with Haley.

Based on what we saw, the circumstances surrounding Nathan's accident, its clear that Naley did go out and have fun as a young couple. All that changed with his accident BECAUSE OF HIM, not Haley.
Nathan chose to dwell on his own misery and because he checked out the dynamics of their relationship changed. Even Nathan acknowledged this in therapy in the 5x13 episode. So because Haley focus shifted to her child, it was hard to just erase everything that happened between them because Nathan decided he was ready to be a father again.

I personally think you are ignoring and negating Nathan's mistreatment of Haley and how long it lasted. The writers put the first two episodes in there for a reason because they wanted to show us the ass that Haley had been dealing with. They wanted us to know what Nathan had become. He was a mean and selfish drunk who ignored his wife and child for FOUR MONTHS so that he could throw a pity party. Nathan didn't just have a rough time for few weeks and let it go. He ignored his child and rejected his wife over and over again for months until he had an epiphany one day and decided to be a husband again. Haley was hurt. This man basically told her that she and their son were nothing to him because he couldn't play basketball. He was basically mini Dan yet Haley was not allowed to be affected by that. You are basically saying that how Nathan treated her for months no longer mattered once he cut his hair. She was no longer allowed to be hurt or affected by it.

Nathan made their relationship what is was when he checked out on his marriage. Also I don't get whats annoying about not wanting to swim naked in their pool. I don't get why Haley is wrong for being hesitant to jump all in with Nathan just weeks after  he woke up. Haley deserved some leeway. She deserved respect and honesty from her husband but she did not get either because his ego was bruised. What Nathan failed to realize was that he can't just instantly get all of Haley's love/adoration just because he got a haircut. Him missing Haley for a few weeks is nothing in comparison to months of rejection he gave her, yet she never let her eyes wander or decided to appreciate the attention of others while her husband was straight up awful.

Also I think its crazy to say that Haley just assumed he was cheating on her. Haley didn't assume anything. She completely trusted her husband until she saw him naked in the shower with another woman hanging all over him. She was upset so she asked him to leave so she could calm down and sort things out. Once she calmed down, she reached out to him. Made it clear that she believed/trusted him and he LIED to her face about Carrie. Nathan created the whole situation when wasn't man enough to father his child while his wife was working. He never did anything to stop Carrie. To me nothing is anything short of firing her or telling Haley. He allowed that disrespectful whore to disrespect his wife and their marriage by allowing her to stay even after swimming naked. He liked the attention so he let her stay even though he knew it was inappropriate. He let her come between them when he did not tell his wife that that woman kissed him. Nathan created the whole situation by being a dishonest coward.

Also Nathan was more than distant. He rejected her, ignored their son and told her that she and their son were nothing to him since he had lost basketball. And also when Haley came back, Haley had to fight for Nathan. He didn't take her back. He basically dumped her, ignored her for months, told her he wanted a divorce, and wanted nothing to do with her. She had to work her way back in and never stopped fighting for him. Nathan behavior was just as damaging, but she didn't leave him or ignore him. She forgave him, let him know that she loved him and was proud of him and they slowly worked their way back. She didn't ignore him or push him away. She just had trouble jumping head first back to blissfully in love with her husband because his rejection was still with her. And what was Nathan's response? Did he fight for her? Nope he just let the nanny flirt with him because he liked the attention.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »
Also I think you are being unfair to Haley when you make statements like this: 

"In the grand scheme of things, 4 months just seems to small compared to all we've seen him do and how we have seen him always put Haley first."

That is just crap to me. Nathan can treat her like crap for months, but she'd not allowed to be upset. If anything, it shows how much she loves him considering how hurt she was. If Haley didn't care about him or how amazing he used to be, she would have walked out the door when he told her he had nothing without basketball. If Haley was acting like his behavior then was the only thing that mattered, then she would have walked out then instead of again telling him she loved him. She fought for him for months and he rejected her. I don't get why Haley doesn't have the right to be upset about that.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »
Wow, do I sound like a whore. ;) I really am not the worst wife ever in real life. Haha

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I think I was a bit hasty about Haley's suffering while Nathan was being a drunken loser. She had to do everything while he was just slumming around and being a terrible influence on Jamie. So he did owe her a LOT of making up, not just one dinner.

He admitted in therapy that he was used to getting attention from people for basketball and when that went away he enjoyed the attention again, even if it was from a slutty Nanny.

I'm certainly not saying emotion infidelity is OK. He was completely dumb about the Nanny situation. I've admitted that. He should have said something IMMEDIATELY. It frustrates me that he didn't because you knew it was going to blow up in his face. He was clearly uncomfotable though, like he didn't know if he should make a big deal out of it and such. Which I kind of understood. He also didn't want to cause a lot of stress on Haley with all the drama while things were just getting back to normal, which I also understand. He didn't act like he wasn't into Haley and was going to pick Carrie over her or something. He just seemed to feel special by someone different and he never thought anyone was going to notice him anymore without being the star basketball player. I think that's a realistic feeling.

And I know I sound like a terrible person, BUT, I do think that when you're in a relationship/married you still like being looked at by other people. It would make anyone feel good. I'm married, and have been approached at a bar and I find it flattering. I don't do anything and I tell them I'm married, but you still feel like you still got it when someone notices you. Does that make sense? Ha. I swear I'm not a slut! ;)

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »
He's not be crucified for liking the attention. He's wrong for lying to his wife and allowing the disrespect to continue because he liked the attention. Also if he had made more of an effort with Haley, they would not have needed the nanny and he would have gotten that attention from her.

People feel however they feel but should be held accountable for their actions. Nathan allowing it to continue is wrong. Him allowing her to disrespect his wife/family/home is wrong. His lying to his wife is wrong. All of those contributed to Haley's reaction to the Carrie situation.