Author Topic: No speeches at LP wedding  (Read 4818 times)

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
No speeches at LP wedding
« on: August 13, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
Was anyone else disappointed that there was no LP wedding speeches in 6x23? I would have loved a speech from the best man Nathan and of course Brooke as the maid of honor!

In the NH 2nd wedding we had both Brooke and Lucas give a speech and in the BJu wedding both Jamie and Haley so it would have been nice to have speeches in the LP wedding. I know we had Haley doing the ceremony which I completely and utterly loved with the predictions etc but I still think we needed speeches. They are a key part of any wedding! I know that there were a lot of bits and pieces going on in that episode but I would have preferred less of the BJu/Missy stuff which would have given a bit more time for speeches - even if they were very short!

What does everyone else think?

NickJess

Offline l.noir

Re: No speeches at LP wedding
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 12:12:33 PM »
It would have been nice to see Brooke and Nathan's speeches but I always kind of thought Haley's little speech during the ceremony was kind of more like a speech that someone in the wedding party would give. Did that make sense LOL? So, at least there was something. But yeah I think it would have been interesting to hear what Brooke had to say. Nathan too actually, seeing as he is also an ex of bride, as Brooke was to the groom.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »
When I first watched Leyton's wedding, I never even thought about it.  The episode was packed full with so many things that I didn't even notice it.  But now looking back, I do find it a little weird that there weren't any speeches given.  But I agree with what l.noir said about Haley during the ceremony.  Her "speech" was like a speech for me considering her talks about Lucas and their past.  And in terms of Lucas, if anyone was going to give a speech I'd rather it be Haley.  I love the Lucas/Nathan relationship, but I don't think it's as strong and sentimental as the Lucas/Haley relationship.  But it would have been nice to see Nathan or Brooke say a few words of some kind.  This was one of my favorite episodes as a whole on OTH.

Yeah I completely agree with all of this. I never noticed the lack of speeches too until I was thinking about OTH weddings the other day. And true, I would much prefer a Haley speech than a Nathan one. Her being the minister/priest was just genius I thought! There was sentimentality, emotion and humour all rolled into one :) But just thinking about it now, it would have been nice to have a few speeches from the others. And yes I lovee the whole episode <3

I think it would have been interesting to hear what Brooke had to say. Nathan too actually, seeing as he is also an ex of bride, as Brooke was to the groom.

Yeah, that's true! How weird lol

NickJess

Offline Krystal

• IntheMoon
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • long live. ♫
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
I think with Nathan/Haley's wedding and Brooke/Julian's wedding, there wasn't really anything else going on that took up a lot of screen time or distracted away from the wedding, so everyone was just focused on that and so they made a set time for the speeches and for all of the characters to be sat down and everything. LP's wedding seemed a lot more casual as it was really rushed what with Peyton being pregnant, so I don't think anyone would've really had much time to write speeches. Heck even Haley had to pretty much make hers up on the spot. Plus they had a lot of other drama going on (tbh, I was more interested in the Brooke/Julian stuff in that episode), plus there was Skills/Lauren/Jamie and Nathan/Haley and then Mia singing. If they had had more time then speeches would've been cool but I wouldn't have wanted them to cut out other characters plots or time for it, especially when season 6 was really quite LP-heavy.

There is only One T r e e Hill.

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:06 PM »
Yeah I wish we did have speeches for them...Everyone else got speeches and it was kind of sad they didn't!!!

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 12:30:59 AM »
There were a lot of things lacking from the LP wedding. I felt for all the build up this couple has had in the last 6 years they really dropped the ball. With the pregnancy storyline, so it seemed shotguny, and no one was really hyped up for it. There was just a lot lacking.

LP should have been a bigger deal. With all the LP/BL love triangle stuff and it was FINALLY over and LP was the chosen couple, we should have gotten a speech or two in there. The whole wedding was so anti-climactic. Very disappointing I thought for being two of the original BIG charcters. We got more from Brooke/Julian. ha. They were a rushed couple (kinda) at the end.

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 12:49:37 AM »
I always thought LP’s wedding aside from the location for the ceremony was really underwhelming. I assumed that LP being Mark’s golden couple they would really get a unique and “stand out” wedding but yeah it was rushed and just lacked the small touches overall.

That said, Haley’s speech about them as the wedding officiator was like the usual speeches that happen at receptions (same with Skills saying about Lucas when the camera was rolling) and honestly Haley’s and the other characters (mostly Brooke and Haley though) talking about how meant to be LP are throughout S6 and other seasons was enough to fill 50 MOH and Best man speeches. 
icon: docent12

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 01:48:59 AM »
Oh I don’t personally think they were the golden couple of the show (it’s NH for me too). I said they were Mark’s golden couple. There’s a distinction ;)
icon: docent12

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 06:49:30 AM »
Overall I really loved the episode, mainly because of the first half which was just sooo good! I just think there was the right amount of LP focus in the ceremony, getting ready etc but at the reception there was hardly anything! Apart from the first dance (which even that was rushed!) and a few decorations I just don't think it even felt like a wedding reception to me. There was no cutting of the cake, no speeches and barely any interaction between LP. There was a nice moment between them just before Mia introduced her song but after that until they got home there was nothing! I just wish there was a little less BJu focus considering it was LP's wedding day! And this is coming from a big BJu fan. They still could have had the BJu jealously etc but without a lot of the scenes they used. Then there would have been more time for speeches and more focus on LP. That's not saying I wanted the whole episode just completely focussed on LP because I did like the NH, BJu and Skills/Jamie stuff.. I just don't think they balanced it right and considering it was LP's wedding day, they should have had a lot more focus than they did.

NickJess

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 11:03:32 AM »
I consider LP the "golden couple" because Mark was all about them and made sure they ended up together. He considers the whole show a build up for them where as NH were togetehr from season 1 and never really were a question.

I feel like the whole show was an LP drama - fest. Whether you're an LP fan or not. Each season had an LP situation. Even when Luke was with Brooke. Just all the controversy associated with LP as endgame, I feel like all this crazy-ness and they just left the episode so - so.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »
Since I didn't really care or like their wedding, I never noticed that they didn't have speeches. But personally I couldn't see Brooke giving a speech on how epic they are without it being contrived BS. Honestly, for me the best part of that wedding was Naley in the bathroom.

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 02:38:46 AM »
Just another let down to add to the list lol.
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline justafan

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 11:45:39 PM »
I think it also comes down to the the idea that the wedding was so last minute and not for story purposes either.  there are different things said in commentaries that suggest Chad/Hilarie would be back for a Season 7 and then they probably would've gotten married and had this big to-do wedding like Nathan and Haley did.  But everything was so rushed and wanting to get in the so little episodes they had, everyone got short handed.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 09:05:44 AM »
^ I agree. I feel like the whole wedding (which to me was a "FINALLY!" moment) was so under the radar. Starting with the fact that she was pregnant so it just looked like a shotgun wedding. I feel like Nathan or Haley or Brooke even would have had agreat things to say about their love, but nothing happened.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 10:39:05 AM »
Their relationship was cheesy enough (even worse than Naley during that time) so I don't think any "cheesy" speeches were necessary! :D :D :D