Author Topic: Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?  (Read 11584 times)

Offline Brulian4ever

• I <3 One Tree Hill
Re: Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 09:33:21 PM »
I loved Brooke's pregnancy :) I love the scene when she told Julian she was pregnant,and I'm glad they had twin boys. Can't wait to see them both with the twins in the next season :)

sawyerscottTLA

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2011, 05:58:30 AM »
i think they did what they probably could have done, given what they knew about the possibility of being renewed (or not) for the next season, but it seemed cheap (even to me, someone whose fave character is not brooke, although i do LIKE brooke, don't get me wrong) to have her pregnancy span basically one entire episode. and really, we have had how many pregnancies thus far? haley 2, karen 1, peyton 1, and finally brooke's pregnancy and there is ALWAYS an emergency, will the baby/mother be okay?! kinda cheap and a copout to play that storyline again. but overall, it worked out okay.

Offline Dexter_Morgan

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012, 04:55:23 PM »
the reveal of her pregnancy has to be one of the worst pregnancy reveals I have seen on television.

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2012, 01:25:49 PM »
the reveal of her pregnancy has to be one of the worst pregnancy reveals I have seen on television.

I agree that it wasn't very good, maybe not the worst. Haha.
The whole story of how she found out just seemed absolutely awful to me. Definitely not thought through at all.
Also. It doesn't seem completely plausible that the Doctor would just accept the fact that there was a mix up with the samples. Lol.

Offline Callum.

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 05:30:22 AM »
Oh I thought her reveal was fantastic. I loved the whole build up, the song, everything to it. It was weird, quirky, but it beats looking at a pregnancy test.

As for her pregnancy, I'm not really bothered. Pregnancy storylines bore me anyway. I loved Peyton's, though. That was heartbreaking.

Offline Mahoney13

• Always be true to yourself <3
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 12:53:44 PM »

In terms of Brooke's pregnancy overall, I really felt the BJu/Brooke fans were cheated. I can't believe we saw it in basically one episode. I was SO disappointed. At least give us a double episode for the finale, or get rid of that silly/unnesseccary Puerta Rico episode and show us some more BJu moments of how she was in the pregnancy etc! They could have even got rid of the silly Jamie/Madision storyline in the finale to give BJu a few more scenes. With Naley, we had 2 seasons to see Haley deal with her 2 pregnancies and her hormones etc.. it was great! I was GUTTED that Brooke didn't get that. Also after Brooke had the baby, we never saw anyone be there for her except Julian. With Naley we had a WHOLE episode dedicated to everyone being there for Haley with giving birth to Lydia, waiting for her to have the baby. Where was that with BJu?

I completely agree with this!

Offline justafan

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 04:12:32 AM »
the One Tree Hill staff writer who put forth the infertility drama was going through the same thing and really needed to write about it, get it out of her system.  That's the reason why Brooke had those infertility problems.  I do agree that the Brooke character has been wanting to be a mom for so long, deservingly so.  And then she gets married, has a great life and support system, yet...still not pregenant.  ANd just as the show is wrapping up, she has this miracle pregnancy.

It's not the way to treat the fans of a character who have stuck around for nine seasons no matter what the cause going on backstage....I just wish that they would've covered all of this infertility stuff earlier, like in Season 8, and Brooke find out she was pregnant in mid Season 8 and not wait until the tail end and have her pop out a baby in two episodes.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 07:59:03 AM »
I can see how people who are big BJu fans would be cheated. However, I actually liked how they did it. Especially to flow through the time period. It was clever the way they did it. Another reason I thought season 8's finale should have been the series finale. Even though I loved season 9. I just liked how things ended and how great the episode was.

Offline Mel

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Poof!
    • tumblr
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2012, 02:16:33 AM »
Considering what they were working with and not sure if the show was coming back, they did well with the time jumps and all.

I love Brooke and wished they would have given it more time, though. Out of all the women, she definitely was the one that wanted kids the most. But what upset me more was that she had to have a fall during it. I believe Jamie was the only healthy/safe delivery the show had! It was a little ridiculous that had to be thrown in.
And so it goes, this soldier knows.

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
No, I was not.  I thought this whole storyline was ridiculous and so very contrived.  I found myself pretty pissed off during it actually.  In season 7 (can't remember which episode), Brooke had a line that really upset me.  Julian said they can adopt and she said, "it's not the same".  First off, I'm adopted and it IS the same.  Okay, the whole notion obviously isn't the same but it is.  Kids are kids - a blessing in any way.  I am incredibly grateful to my parents who raised me and love me.  Biology aside, I was their child; biology means nothing to me quite honestly.  I know my birth mom and I thank God every day that she did not raise me.  I don't think it's wrong for anyone to say they want biological children but I also don't like how the writers portrayed adoption.  It seems weird actually considering the whole Peyton/Ellie storyline.  And I just really hated that line from Brooke and it felt really out of character for her to say considering the Angie and Sam storylines.

I actually liked when Brulian decided to adopt in season 8.  Not that I loved it or cared for Brulian but I thought the storyline itself could be really good.  Adoption is a big, important topic and there was SO much they could have done with it, especially continuing into season 9.  But the writers had to ruin it by going the predictable, easy route. Brooke's obsessed with having a baby.  Brooke can't get pregnant.  Brooke decides to adopt.  Brooke loses that baby.  Oh wait, Brooke gets pregnant after all (with twins no less) - wow, how exciting  ::) .  I'm sorry but that's not good entertainment, IMO.  It amazes me how unorginal the writers are on OTH.

What I hated the most was, like I said, the way they portrayed adoption.  It was like Brooke couldn't be happy without having her own biological baby.  It was utterly ridiculous.  If they were gonna go that miracle pregnancy route in the first place, why even do anything with adoption?  For those Brulian fans, they could have had a few more pregnancy episodes (not that I would have wanted to see that but I'm sure their fans would have). I mean, this was Brooke (and season 8 ) - we know she would have got that good focus.  The writers could have explored the pregnancy more instead of wasting screentime on a storyline that wasn't gonna go anywhere anyway.

On a more positive note -- I did like that Brooke had boys.  It would have been even more ridiculous and predictable if she had girls.  I think having boys suits Brooke more - and come on, Jude and Davis were so adorable.