Author Topic: Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?  (Read 11393 times)

Offline angelalucy

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Naley Always & Forever
Re: Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 01:57:47 AM »
i didn't mind Brooke was pregnancy

Offline dawni3

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Credit: Agnes!
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 01:47:28 PM »
My only disappointment is recently watching an interview Sophia did before (or during?) S5, she said she felt Brooke would get a family but it wouldnt necessarily be the conventional/expected but she'd make her own family and her own happy ending. Which she did, I guess.
Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining...

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 02:49:07 PM »
^Yeah I remember watching that too.

NickJess

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »
Here we go again with BROOKE's deal.

LOL

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »
I haven't read through everything so I'm sorry if I'm repeating something that's been said. But, did anyone else find it all really rushed? It started off great, like, she found out she couldn't have babies in S7 and the after they got married they looked to adopt. Then, the adoption didn't go through and then BAM she's pregnant, which I guess can happen in real life but I dno, it just seemed really rushed and like something the writers added last minute. I enjoyed the last episode where we saw them go through Brooke's pregnancy and I like the idea that now we can see Brooke and Julian with their kids but Brooke getting pregnant seemed so rushed.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »
Maybe Mark or the writers wanted to give us (I mean BROOKE fans) a happy ending, but it wan't that perfect was it?.

Offline cyke

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 11:33:47 PM »
very happy with how the pregnancy thing happened, though i didn't see the need for brooke to fall if they were going to advance her pregnancy in one episode. with two babies growing in her, it wouldve been more plausible for her to go into premature labor esp since brooke is a petit girl. there were already too much pregnancy history on the show so it was better to forward it and just give us glimpses and leave us to fill in the blank. but if u werent satisfied with it, brooke got a lore more pregnancy storyline in that one episode that haley did in all of season 8, just saying lol.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 08:05:03 AM »
^I don't see what Haley has to do with all of this?!^^

Offline cyke

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 02:09:50 PM »
^I don't see what Haley has to do with all of this?!^^

For me, Brooke's pregnancy storyline had more substance in one episode than Haley's in all of season 8. You got to see her measuring her stomach, setting up the baby's room, ultrasound, premature birth.  In the 18 episodes Haley was pregnant, we got very little, so i think they handled haley's very poor while brooke i think was just right. we didnt need to have more but just enough glimpses for us to fill in the gaps ourselves.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
Premature birth?Sorry if I'm mistaken,but I can't remember watching an actual birth of Jude and Davis?!And it isn't about who had mire scenes with their pregnancies.We can't have everything.It's not like there was unlimited time that could've been used for both pregnancies equally and it is not like we got to see much of Brooke's pregnancy.It was all squeezed into one episode.We got little of Brooke's pregnancy and we got little of Haleys pregnancy and to be honest...I really don't know why Haley is being mentioned anyway.The question is if you are satisfied with Brookes pregnancy.

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
I really don't know why Haley is being mentioned anyway.The question is if you are satisfied with Brookes pregnancy.

If you bring up one pregnancy, the other is bound to come up. It's not like you brought up Brooke's pregnancy and someone started comparing it to Naley's wedding. It's in the same category so it makes sense to bring it up, especially since they both took place in the same season. That's how discussions work, which I know is what the forum is for.

cyke: I agree with you completely. I would have LOVED if Haley got the type of scenes that Brooke got with her pregnancy, even if it was only one episode. The quality and content of Brooke's pregnancy scenes was far better than what Naley got with Lydia, and even Jamie.
♥ "In love with you completely"

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 04:20:38 PM »
^I didn't ask if you're satisfied with Brookes and Haleys pregnancy,I asked the viewers if they were satisfied with Brookes pregnancy,so to me it's not the same topic.It's not about OTH pregnancies in general,it's about Brooke's.

Maybe I should've opened a thread where we could've discussed about ALL OTH pregnancies...would've been better I think. :-[ :-[

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »
^I didn't ask if you're satisfied with Brookes and Haleys pregnancy,I asked the viewers if they were satisfied with Brookes pregnancy,so to me it's not the same topic.It's not about OTH pregnancies in general,it's about Brooke's.

I think we're going to continue to disagree on this one so I'll leave it at this and then stop: For me, it makes perfect sense that Haley's pregnancy would be brought up because people often measure the quality of things in comparison to other things...so in comparison to Haley's season 8 pregnacy, I was very pleased with Brooke's season 8 pregnancy. I don't think anyone was veering off subject because our answers still lead back to how we felt about Brooke's pregnancy, which was your question.
♥ "In love with you completely"

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »
^You are right.There were alot of Brulian fans who started to complain about the lack of "pregnancy-scenes" Brulian had,so it is ok to bring up Haleys.:)

Sorry!;)

But I still think I should've opened a thread about OTH pregnancies in general...~____~

Offline cyke

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
I think we're going to continue to disagree on this one so I'll leave it at this and then stop: For me, it makes perfect sense that Haley's pregnancy would be brought up because people often measure the quality of things in comparison to other things...so in comparison to Haley's season 8 pregnacy, I was very pleased with Brooke's season 8 pregnancy. I don't think anyone was veering off subject because our answers still lead back to how we felt about Brooke's pregnancy, which was your question.

agreed, the show has now had five pregnancies (for lily, jamie, lydia, sawyer, and the twins) and when talking about the pregnancy of the twins, it's only natural to measure the quality of that storyline to the others.

^You are right.There were alot of Brulian fans who started to complain about the lack of "pregnancy-scenes" Brulian had,so it is ok to bring up Haleys.:)

Sorry!;)

But I still think I should've opened a thread about OTH pregnancies in general...~____~
I can see why people would've wanted something longer and I agree with them that they should've done this over 2-3 episodes instead of one but would you rather have 1 episode of quality vs a whole season of basically nothing.