Author Topic: Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?  (Read 11558 times)

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
Re: Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 12:22:12 PM »
Uhmmm...Am I the only one thinking this is going off-topic here?!^^

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »
Uhmmm...Am I the only one thinking this is going off-topic here?!^^

Every thread is going to veer a little off topic. & you had to know making a thread about Brooke's pregnancy was going to bring up Haley's. It's still somewhat relating to Brooke, so I don't see what the big deal is.  :D

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 12:41:45 PM »
Big deal?When did I ever say that?xD

Let's just say...in my POV Mark made a huge mistake regarding Brooke's storyline with the baby and stuff.I was thinking about it quiet alot these past few hours.

He should have stuck with one-storyline.Either...she is adopting a baby or she gets pregnant.Of course...it is very difficult to squeeze both scenarios into a few episodes without neglecting other pairings and characters.And the final pregnancy had to suffer because of that.Like I said before.I really wanted this whole adoption thing to work out.When we found out that Brooke got pregnant,I was like: "Well...suprise,suprise..." The whole adoption-thing was a waste of time in my POV.There'd have been enough time for the whole pregnancy if this screen-time wasn't wasted on the adoption...or...the adoption would've worked out and we wouldn't have had the problem with the pregnancy,since we REALLY didn't see much of it.

It is right to say that there should've been more scenes between Haley and  Nathan dealing with the pregnancy,but to say that Haleys pregnancy in general was shoved into the background would be wrong.

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 12:43:06 PM »
When I first heard that the adoption would fall through and that Brooke would end up pregnant instead, I was kind of mad, mainly because I thought it was a waste of time. They could have had Brooke end up pregnant much sooner and we'd get to see more of the pregnancy. However, with the way this show handles pregnancy's, I'm glad we only saw her be pregnant for 2 episodes, and they gave us more in those two episodes then they did with Haley who had been preggers for 18 episodes. Plus, the adoption was so incredibly rushed. At the end of 8x15, Julian says they should adopt, and in 8x16 they meet with Chloe and she tells them that she wants them to adopt her baby. What's the time span on that? A few days? I didn't like it. If they wanted to make it realistic, they should have had BJu look in to adoption at the beginning of the season, not near the end. And since we have a season 9, had Brooke and Julian adopted that baby, Chloe would come back and want the baby back. It's OTH, we all know it would happen.  :laugh: At least now, they have their own two little boys that no one can take from them...well not unless they royally screw up and someone calls CPS on them. But if Chuck's mom is still allowed to have custody of him, BJu are probably safe.

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »
As for the comparison to Haley's pregnancy... I agree with the people saying that it got plenty of focus. The fact she was pregnant was brought up a lot, she had some hormones and there was the episode where she tricked everyone, etc etc. So that was good and it's a shame for people who wish Brooke could have gotten a bit more stuff like that. And yeah, it was Nathan and Haley's relationship that was in the background this season, not Haley's pregnancy itself. I think everyone in here agrees on that. But... that's kind of the thing: it was all about Haley being pregnant, not Haley AND Nathan being pregnant. Pretty stupid that the season NH get little focus is the season where they're pregnant. Nathan should have been involved a lot more... not because NH fans just wanted coupley scenes, but because it's common sense. He's the dad. Nathan really wanted another baby, especially a girl, and now that she was pregnant with a girl he was barely there? They hardly even discussed the pregnancy other than episodes 1 and 16. Their scenes acknowledged the fact she was pregnant every now and again, but that was really it. It was more "Haley is pregnant" than "we are about to have another baby", which I just found pretty annoying. Yeah, she's pregnant, which means they're about to have another child, which is life changing. Scenes with them discussing/dealing with that would have been a lot more entertaining than some of the NH scenes we did get, or even better than Jamie/Madison shoelace drama or Chuck needing glasses drama or Mouth and Millie basically having the same scenes every episode about news reporting drama. I was especially annoyed we never saw Nathan's reaction to finding out it was a girl. =(

Sooo yeah, although Haley's pregnancy got focus, Nathan not being a part of it is a huge reason a lot of people don't think it was well portrayed. It's not like people just wanted Nathan to be there for the sake of more NH scenes, but for the fact he's the father. Brooke's pregnancy scenes in the finale - although rushed, which is a shame - included both her AND Julian being excited for the arrival of their children. This is really just the sort of simple (pretty obvious) thing NH fans wanted, and why many weren't satisfied with it. The father should be a part of it too, especially when it's been made clear for seasons that Nathan really wanted the little girl he was now getting.

You brought out my thoughts exactly. That was my major issue with Haley's pregnancy as well. It was like it was just her having a baby. Nathan had wanted a little girl so badly and we hardly even saw him blink about it all season, while in that one episode of Brooke's pregnancy we got to see so much interaction between mom dad & babies. The scenes of Julian measuring Brooke's baby belly were absolutely adorable and we didn't get anything even close to that with Naley. I feel like the closest Nathan ever got to Haley once she started showing was when he was feeding her HoHos in bed on Valentine's Day. Sure that was about her hormones at rage and stuff but we've seen her with hormones before. I wanted it to be about the BABY inside of her and not just the hormonal aspect, like maybe Nathan reading to her belly or something cute like that...or seeing them get Lydia's adorable baby room all set up or even Nathan picking out a stufffed animal that he wanted to give to Lydia when he was born! I can understand that part of it was that Joy was pregnant in real life so it was probably a lot different than when Haley was pregnant with Jamie because they probably had to put Joy's comfort level into consideration, but still.
♥ "In love with you completely"

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 08:26:42 PM »
Naley had two (three?) scenes together--outside of the ridiculous flashbacks--how is that a lot?  I'm sorry, but I just don't see that as a lot.  And by the way, everyone wasn't there solely for Haley.  Julian and Brooke were ALSO there for Chloe.  They went there first and foremost for the baby they were supposed to get.  Did you forget about that?  And the only other people there were Jamie (he's their son--makes sense), Quinn (she's Haley's sister--makes sense) and Clay (he's a close friend and Nathan's agent and he's dating Quinn--makes sense).  I understand what you're saying about wanting everyone at the hospital for BJu, but the writers had one show to work with in regards to Brooke's pregnancy/birth.  I would have been really annoyed if they would have wasted screentime just to have everyone there kissing Brooke's butt again.  If it hadn't been so rushed or they would have done it in season 9, then that would have been fine.

When did I say that Naley had a lot of scenes together in that ep? I didn't say that, because I know they didn't :/ I think you maybe misunderstood me. When I said 'you mentioned that Naley bearly had any scenes in the giving birth ep and they didn't!' what I meant was that I AGREE that there weren't enough Naley scenes in that episode.

And I don't mean to sound rude SMS but are you reading my posts properly? I know that all the characters weren't there soley for Haley and yes funnily enough I do remember Brooke's adoption SL which is exactly what I said before..
Yes we saw Brooke's SL and Quinn/Clay remembering about their shooting as well

ALL that I am saying is that it was nice to see people there for Haley, which we didn't see for Brooke. And I KNOW time was tight with the writers, I'm just saying if there was more time, I would have liked to have seen something like Haley has for Brooke. I'm not going to repeat myself for like the third time because its a waste of time if people don't read the posts properly and then come to their own conclusions about what they think you've said.

I was in no way comparing Haley's pregnancy to Brooke's pregnancy.  And what I find sad is that someone did that in this thread.  This thread was about BROOKE's pregnancy, and I hate when people try to drag other people into threads that have nothing to do with the actual topic!
Aaand this is obviously aimed at me. Why can't I compare Brooke's pregnancy to Haley's? Is that so wrong? They are two of my favourite characters and all I was saying is that Haley's pregnancy got more focus on than Brooke's and I would like to have seen more of Brooke's pregnancy, like we did with Haley. I was answering the topic question while bringing Haley into it to explain WHY I wasn't satisfied completely with Brooke's pregnancy. So yes, I think it does have something to do with the actual topic. And it really annoys me when people suggest what you can and cannot post in a thread just because they don't agree with your POV. But anyway, this is getting a little tiring now so moving on..

I was a little confused with how the babies were born. Like did Brooke fall or did she just go into labor really early? And did she actually give birth to them naturally or was it a C-section?

Yeah, I'd like to know this too! I think she probably did fall, just from the fact that she was wearing heels and carrying a heavy object so she most likely slipped. But I'd also like to know about how she actually gave birth. She had that scene and suddenly the babies were there!

NickJess

Offline Letthegoodtimesroll

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • B-Rok<3
    • http://twitter.com/KWilly714
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 10:35:44 PM »
I have to say that I am not pleased with Brookes pregnancy at all. I would have much rather her going through the whole adoption stage rather than a miracle pregnancy. It was just so un realistic to me.

Nate&Serena<3

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 11:08:45 PM »
No.  Her story should have been the ultimate build up, she was the first one in season 5 as an adult to express wanting a child.  Angie was decent, Sam was okay...but it got repetitive already, adopting and losing.  Then she randomly finds out she can't have kids, which was adressed for only an episode or two, then swept under the rug.  Hardly ANY talk of even having a baby for a long time, then after yet another slew of sex scenes, a serious discussion about adoption?  Within the next few episodes once again plans are made and lost with the Chloe adoption.  And then the ultimate cliche and predicable path-miracle babies.  The pregnancy spanned over an episode and turned into twin boys!  Fail fail fail.  But that's pretty much how I felt about Brooke and BJu in seasons 7&8 in general.

I actually kind of liked the way they found out.  It was random, but that whole coda was epic.  I just liked that there was a big moment of reveal.  But even the explanation of why they were staying in Tree Hill and the reaction was just eh.  They could have still had that moment some other way.  Having multipes was cute, but they could have done more with that if they had given the pregnancy more time.  And I would've loved IF they were going to give Brooke a biological child if she did fertility treatments and that's how she got multiples.  Or the adoption could've been really touching.  If they would've picked one road and stuck to it, it could have been amazing.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »
Isn't that what you said, though?  So, I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.  But that post above clearly says--the WHOLE episode was dedicated with EVERYONE being there to support her.  So, I apologize if I misunderstood, but I was just going by what you said in the above post!

Ok sorry, I guess I worded that wrong. I didn't mean that the whole ep was dedicated to Haley (which is kind of what I said but I didn't mean to say lol) I just basically meant that everyone was there for Haley (not just there in the hospital but there emotionally supporting her... I can't really explain it but yeah) throughout the ep. Not that all the storylines were just solely on Lydia's birth.

And first off, I did read your posts correctly.  What I responded to--wasn't directed completely towards you.  My very first post wasn't directed solely towards YOU except for one little line, and I didn't even quote you because I couldn't remember who said it.  And I didn't care to go back through and look.  I was mainly just agreeing with what someone else had posted before me.  I was just stating my opinion on the subject matter as you did.

I know you didn't mean to particularly pick on me or whatever for saying that, but I just felt I should defend WHY I compared Haley's pregnancy to Brooke's since I was first one to make the comparison.

And I'm sorry, but I don't think Haley's pregnancy storyline has anything to do with Brooke's pregnancy storyline.  They are two separate characters who had two different pregnancies.  And I never said you couldn't post what you did because I disagree with your POV.  I just didn't think your comparison made any sense, and I (personally) didn't feel it was right to have a comparison between the two pregnancies--let me just clear that up!  Feel free to post whatever, because at this point, I don't care.  And I'm sorry if you feel like all of my posts have been attacking you (which btw, they weren't!). I could say the same for yours against mine as well, because I was just stating my opinion on the subject matter as well and what I didn't agree with!  And I also apologized for what I did misunderstand, and that's that!

I know that the pregnancies have nothing to do with one another. All I'm saying is that I would have liked Brooke's pregnancy to be a bit more like Haley's! That's all.

I'm also sorry if you feel like my posts were attacking you, I just feel like I wanted to defend what I was saying and make it clear so that I wasn't being misunderstood.

No.  Her story should have been the ultimate build up, she was the first one in season 5 as an adult to express wanting a child.  Angie was decent, Sam was okay...but it got repetitive already, adopting and losing.  Then she randomly finds out she can't have kids, which was adressed for only an episode or two, then swept under the rug.  Hardly ANY talk of even having a baby for a long time, then after yet another slew of sex scenes, a serious discussion about adoption?  Within the next few episodes once again plans are made and lost with the Chloe adoption.  And then the ultimate cliche and predicable path-miracle babies.  The pregnancy spanned over an episode and turned into twin boys!  Fail fail fail.  But that's pretty much how I felt about Brooke and BJu in seasons 7&8 in general.

I actually kind of liked the way they found out.  It was random, but that whole coda was epic.  I just liked that there was a big moment of reveal.  But even the explanation of why they were staying in Tree Hill and the reaction was just eh.  They could have still had that moment some other way.  Having multipes was cute, but they could have done more with that if they had given the pregnancy more time.  And I would've loved IF they were going to give Brooke a biological child if she did fertility treatments and that's how she got multiples.  Or the adoption could've been really touching.  If they would've picked one road and stuck to it, it could have been amazing.

Exactly! When we found out that she couldn't have kids I really wanted it to be explored in more depth. It seemed like it was just use to further along the Alex/Julian storyline at first, when I really wanted to find out WHY and see her deal with it a bit more I guess. Instead, we just saw Brooke deal with the whole Alex/Julian drama whereas I would have loved to have seen her deal with not being able to have children a bit more. It's just like she sort of accepted it fairly quickly without much explanation.

And exactly, I think if they were going to follow through with the Brooke adoption storyline then I would have been fine with that. But it didn't follow through! :( I would have MUCH rather have had Brooke trying for IVF (great idea btw) and then getting pregnant, rather than the adoption storyline and then suddenly just not getting the kid (again) and BAM she's pregnant! It would have been great and really emotional if they went down the whole IVF route... this is a sidenote but I know someone who is trying for IVF at the moment with such a slim chance of it actually working and who has had to go through an emotional struggle of trying many times and paying a lot of money for the treatment etc. It would have been GREAT to see that play out on screen with Brooke, rather than the whole adoption thing where you kind of knew something wasn't right (as it was all going too smoothly for OTH and felt very rushed!). I totally agree with your last line about 'picking one road and sticking to it'. That's exactly how I feel. The pregnancy and everything to do with Brooke not being able to have kids etc was just a bit all over the place.

NickJess

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
Mark should have stuck with one-storyline.Either...she is adopting a baby or she gets pregnant.Of course...it is very difficult to squeeze both scenarios into a few episodes without neglecting other pairings and characters.And the final pregnancy had to suffer because of that.Like I said before.I really wanted this whole adoption thing to work out.When we found out that Brooke got pregnant,I was like: "Well...suprise,suprise..." The whole adoption-thing was a waste of time in my POV.There'd have been enough time for the whole pregnancy if this screen-time wasn't wasted on the adoption...or...the adoption would've worked out and we wouldn't have had the problem with the pregnancy,since we REALLY didn't see much of it.

Sooo...another question...I already asked,but just a few answered...are you happy with that Brooke got twins?

Or did you want a girl for her?

Offline Vlad

• I'm a VIP!
  • Mr X
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2011, 05:48:28 PM »
Not really sure why,but i cant stop laughing ever since i read the thread title  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
Why is that?^^

Offline Vlad

• I'm a VIP!
  • Mr X
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 01:09:55 PM »
Why is that?^^

Because i find the question extremely weird,being satisfied by some a virtual character pregnancy?

[

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
Because i find the question extremely weird,being satisfied by some a virtual character pregnancy?

.....It's a tv show & this is a forum. We're suppose to discuss things like that.
I don't get how it's funny at all..

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 05:34:22 AM »
The way they found out was well written and I just loved how Brooke told it to Julian.

That said, I pretty much agree with Sara & SMS. It was super cliche and their whole ''can't get pregnant, adopting,losing '' storyline was just oddly written.

I am very happy for Brooke and I think if one character deserves a happy ending it would be her. But the way they wrote it ( their SL ) sucked. The way they found out was cool as mentioned but other than that? But I try not to think about it to much, I am just happy Brooke is happy with her kids :)