Author Topic: Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?  (Read 11430 times)

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?
« on: July 21, 2011, 06:11:58 PM »
Hey there,

I had alot of questions running through my mind the last few days....regarding Brookes pregnancy.

Are you glad that she got pregnant or did you kinda hope she'd rather stick to adoption?

Did you like the way Brooke's told Julian about the pregnancy?

Are you happy about them having twin boys or did you want them to have twin girls or maybe just one baby?

What do you think?

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Re: Are you satisfied with Brookes pregnancy?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:32:06 PM »
I'm thrilled that she got pregnant despite what the doctors said. I wouldn't have been against them adopting, but it became very clear, very fast that Chloe would change her mind, so I was never attached to that storyline.

And while they only had 2 episodes with us seeing her pregnant, I think they did the best with the time they had. We had cute BJu moments, nursery preparations and them at the doctors. So I got everything I wanted to see.

And Brooke telling Julian she was pregnant was the best pregnancy revelation this show's done before in my opinion. Sure, it was a little...complicated, but I liked it. Mainly because they never thought it would happen and were so incredibly happy.

Love love love, that she had twins, and especially that both of them were boys. People always seem to see Brooke having a girl, but I always wanted her to have a boy,  so I was thrilled when they gave her 2.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »
I'm glad she got pregnant, although originally I would have liked them to follow through with the adoption storyline. However, if she had of adopted, it would just leave it wide open for more drama in terms of maybe their birth mother wanting to see them at a later stage etc etc. Now that she's had her own children there's no risk of that, if you know what I mean? Not that I'm against adoption at all btw, (some of my best friends are adopted) but I just think knowing Tree Hill, that just maybe would have happened.

I also did like the way Brooke told Julian about the pregnancy, however I think it could have been a bit better. It was slightly long winded and complicated. I found the Chase/Alex drug test thing a little annoying.. and I knew (without reading spoilers) that as soon as they said to Chase his results said he was pregnant, that it was going to be something to do with Brooke. IDK why. So then it didn't really make it surprising for me because I'd guessed it. I would have rather Brooke found out by herself or another way I guess. Saying this.. I loved loved loved Julian's reaction 'I knew we could do it!' and their grass cuddle after. It was so cute! <3

I loved the fact they had twins, as really she had a miracle pregnancy after being told she couldn't have children. So there would be no real problem with not having any more children if its not possible in the future, because she's already got two. And if she had just had one, then it could be lonely etc.

I would have really liked one of them to be a girl though.. or even twin girls. Just because of what was said with Nathan and Julian when they were camping, about Lydia and their girl being best friends. Also the baby they were going to adopt was a girl and Brooke's reaction 'It was a girl?'.. so I guess I just thought it was leading to that, so I was bit disappointed. But all the same... BJu have twins!!! I am SO happy them.

In terms of Brooke's pregnancy overall, I really felt the BJu/Brooke fans were cheated. I can't believe we saw it in basically one episode. I was SO disappointed. At least give us a double episode for the finale, or get rid of that silly/unnesseccary Puerta Rico episode and show us some more BJu moments of how she was in the pregnancy etc! They could have even got rid of the silly Jamie/Madision storyline in the finale to give BJu a few more scenes. With Naley, we had 2 seasons to see Haley deal with her 2 pregnancies and her hormones etc.. it was great! I was GUTTED that Brooke didn't get that. Also after Brooke had the baby, we never saw anyone be there for her except Julian. With Naley we had a WHOLE episode dedicated to everyone being there for Haley with giving birth to Lydia, waiting for her to have the baby. Where was that with BJu?

I like this thread btw! So thanks for starting it :)

NickJess

Offline l.noir

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »
The only thing that I didn't like was that we didn't get to see Brooke find out that she was pregnant. I thought the whole drug test drama was kind of confusing, and I think I would have preferred a different way for Brooke to find out. But I loved the scene where she told Julian! 

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »
Love love love, that she had twins, and especially that both of them were boys. People always seem to see Brooke having a girl, but I always wanted her to have a boy,  so I was thrilled when they gave her 2.

Yepp.Totally agree.I see it every day when I'm reading ffs.The majority of the authors think Brooke'd be better off with a girl,since she is the "fashionista" and a girl would be like: "Awww.Mini-Brooke.Cute clothes.Pink."

Shallow reasons for letting her have a girl,right?

I was totally blown away when I was told that Brooke would be having two boys.I kinda couldn't believe it.xD I was for one,100% sure it'd be a girl and two: Never thought they would give her twins and both of them boys.

Hehe.

Sooo...I'm really GLAD she is going to raise two boys.I only have to think about it and it makes me laugh...having to deal with two hyper,little boys...playing in the mud and stuff...xD

Have fun Brooke.xD

To be honest...I wasn't really font of the whole pregnancy thing at first,since it seemed to be so...predictable,but after a time I realized...her adopting a baby or Chloe keeping the baby...kinda predictable as well,right?And I never ever thought that Brooke and Julian would end without a baby,so...^^

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
With Naley, we had 2 seasons to see Haley deal with her 2 pregnancies and her hormones etc.. it was great! I was GUTTED that Brooke didn't get that. Also after Brooke had the baby, we never saw anyone be there for her except Julian. With Naley we had a WHOLE episode dedicated to everyone being there for Haley with giving birth to Lydia, waiting for her to have the baby. Where was that with BJu?

As a Naley fan I have to completely disagree with you on this one. Naley didn't get 2 whole seasons dedicated to them because Haley's season 8 pregnancy was pretty much ignored. As for there being a WHOLE episode dedicated to Haley giving birth to Lydia...yea they were at the hospital with her, but the first time we got to even see Lydia it was all about Brooke and her not being able to adopt the little girl. We didn't even get a Nathan/Lydia scene that episode and we didn't get a full fledged family scene until the finale. I love Brooke, she's my favorite character, but Naley's my favorite couple and they were pretty much disreguarded all of season 8 in favor of Brooke's problems. I honestly would have preferred that Haley got Brooke's pregnancy all in one episode with cute belly measuring scenes and such than the whole season of her pregnancy being put to the side.
♥ "In love with you completely"

Offline Andrea

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Icon- Me
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
I was a little confused with how the babies were born. Like did Brooke fall or did she just go into labor really early? And did she actually give birth to them naturally or was it a C-section?

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »
She was working at Karen's cafe and fell...which caused her to go into early labor.I think she had a C-section!

Offline KORGS

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »
i REALLY wanted her to adopt but seeing the pregnancy playout on screen i was more ok with it. i would have preferred some explanation from a doctor even if it was just ''this rarely happens''

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 07:28:08 PM »
As a Naley fan I have to completely disagree with you on this one. Naley didn't get 2 whole seasons dedicated to them because Haley's season 8 pregnancy was pretty much ignored. As for there being a WHOLE episode dedicated to Haley giving birth to Lydia...yea they were at the hospital with her, but the first time we got to even see Lydia it was all about Brooke and her not being able to adopt the little girl. We didn't even get a Nathan/Lydia scene that episode and we didn't get a full fledged family scene until the finale. I love Brooke, she's my favorite character, but Naley's my favorite couple and they were pretty much disreguarded all of season 8 in favor of Brooke's problems. I honestly would have preferred that Haley got Brooke's pregnancy all in one episode with cute belly measuring scenes and such than the whole season of her pregnancy being put to the side.

I wouldn't say Haley's S8 pregnancy was ignored at all. There were many times when her pregnancy was focussed on e.g. all the hormones raging in the valentines ep (when she got cross with Nathan about the present), her cravings for hohos (or whatever that chocolate was), Haley's baby shower, Haley telling Quinn in the hospital she wanted her to be godmother, Haley telling Jamie she was having a girl on the BJu wedding ep, 8x01 a lot of scenes were dedicated to her and Nathan telling Jamie that they were having a baby, explaining where babies came from etc, then there were a lot of scenes in an ep when she was tricking everyone that she was having the baby. Yes there was definitely a lack of Naley as a couple in S8 but I don't think they ignored the pregnancy at all. I don't think they could have done much more tbh! Also it's not like every single Haley scene they're going to be like 'Oh your pregnant!' because we already know that and I think OTH could get a little boring if there was too much focus on that. What I meant was that it was nice we got a WHOLE season of even seeing Haley pregnant, whereas with Brooke we got 2 episodes.

And yes, I agree that I was gutted there were no family scenes in the Naley giving birth ep etc, but what I mean is that they were ALL there for Haley. Quinn/Clay/Nathan/Jamie/Brooke/Julian were all waiting and supporting her. We didn't get ONE scene of that in the finale for BJu which as a BH fan I would have liked to have had at least Haley there for her if no-one else! That's not to say that there were not a lack of family scenes with Lydia herself in that ep though because there were! I just think it was nice that there was whole episode dedicated to Lydia's birth whereas there with BJu there was the whole PREGNANCY in one episode. Some people may have liked it, I just personally didn't and as a big Brooke & BJu fan I felt cheated out of that.

And you said that Naley got disregarded in favour of Brooke's problems in S8.. and I can see how you think that. I wish there was more Naley too. However, I don't really see what that has to do with Brooke's pregnancy? That doesn't mean that Brooke should have just had only one episode dedicated to the majority of her pregnancy IMO.

NickJess

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 11:19:01 PM »
I would've prefered if the writers had stick with the adoption storyline, but I'm still glad that Brooke had babies. The only thing that bothers me a little is that we never got any explanation of why Brooke couldn't have kids and why she had a miracle pregnancy ... Anyway, I'm still happy with the way it turned out and like someone already said, I would've prefered another way for her to find out ..
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 12:31:49 AM »
I wish they would have stuck with the adoption SL. The whole miracle pregnancy was extremely predictable & cliche. If she was going to have babies, they should have never done the "Brooke can't have kids" storyline.

I also thought the way she found out was completely dumb & too complicated. Couldn't she just have had a late period & a lot of pregnancy symptoms? Or she be feeling sick & the doctor tells her she's prego?

Regardless of the stupidity of how it happened/how she found out, I'm happy Brooke got children.

I agree with this. So much. Brooke got more focus on her pregnancy/kids in a those couple of episodes than Haley did like, all of s8.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 06:30:16 AM »
And I completely agree with you!!!  Yes, Haley had some focus, but the majority of her scenes were supporting Brooke and furthering her storyline.  And I'm not being biased, because i personally loved all of the Baley scenes this season regardless.  But Haley's baby shower--the actual shower itself, I feel was just to further along Brooke's storyline.  I loved it, don't get me wrong.  But that's the way I saw it!  The episode where Haley goes into labor--someone mentioned the whole episode was dedicated to that.  Umm...were we watching the same show?  Haley/Naley barely had any scenes that episode.  It was overshadowed by ridiculous flashbacks, and if I remember correctly, Brooke wasn't exactly featured lightly or pushed to the background.  And while I loved the scene--even the scene at the end with Haley/Brooke was more for Brooke's storyline.  I didn't see it as Brooke being there for Haley necessarily (I'm not saying she wasn't!), but I saw it as the writers reinforcing that Brooke lost the baby she was supposed to get.

Honestly, I think the whole comparing Brooke's limited pregnancy screentime to Haley's 2 seasons worth of pregnancy screentime is kind of a weak comparison in my opinion.  If the writers had known there was going to be for sure a season 9--I have no doubt he would have had Brooke pregnant and actually play it out fully onscreen!

Yes you mentioned that Naley bearly had any scenes in the giving birth ep and they didn't! I for one didn't like the flahbacks, I just thought they were a way out of not bothering to write original Naley scenes for that episode. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that we SAW that everyone was there for her and the whole episode centred around the fact that they were waiting for Lydia to be born. Yes we saw Brooke's SL and Quinn/Clay remembering about their shooting as well, but the whole reason that the friends were there was predominantly for Haley and her giving birth to Lydia. All I'm saying, is that it would have been nice to have that for Brooke.

And YES people keep bringing up that Naley had less scenes overall in S8. As I've said before, I know that and I hated it too!! But I just don't understand why Brooke should have less of her pregnancy shown due to that? I don't think thats really much of an excuse tbh.

Also, I understand that the writers would have (most likely) shown Brooke's pregnancy if they knew they had a S9. But the question of the post is, are you satisfied with Brooke's pregnancy? And for me, the answer to that question is NO.

I agree with this. So much. Brooke got more focus on her pregnancy/kids in a those couple of episodes than Haley did like, all of s8.

And again with people saying Haley's pregnancy was pushed to the back... seriously what MORE could they have done with it? Apart from the actual giving birth episode where there could have been more Naley scenes, I thought that they showed Haley pregnant very well. I'd like to hear peoples ideas about how Haley's pregnancy could have been shown a bit better. Because I thought they showed a lot of it (examples in previous post). Yes I know there were limited NALEY scenes throughout the whole seasons, but IMO they DEFINITELY didn't limit Haley's pregnancy. And even if you think they DID, does that mean Brooke should just have her whole pregnancy squashed in to a few scenes? No, I don't think so.

And if they did do that to Haley.. say she found out she was pregnant in S7 episode like she did and then the next episode just had a few scenes and then all of a sudden there was the baby, I don't think that you Haley/Naley fans would be pleased (well maybe you would) but you're complainng now that Haley didn't have enough of her pregnancy shown when MANY times it was shown, so imagine if you only had a few scenes like Brooke did? I know I wouldn't be happy with that at all! And it's the same for Brooke/BJu. Just because people can be biased Haley fans they can think its alright. (And its not wrong to have your favourites btw, I'm not saying that, I just think sometimes there can be double standards and that if roles were reversed people wouldn't be happy with it but just because BJu/Brooke are not their fave couple/character then it makes it all right. I think I can say that as well speaking as a massive fan of both NH and BJu in equal amounts. I am not biased to either one)

Can I say again to reinforce, that I am NOT saying Naley were not pushed to the back this season because yes they were. But what I'm discussing is Brooke's PREGNANCY.. that it was only condensed into a few scenes and a filler episode. And to answer the question of this topic, no I am not satisfied with that. And that, I think has nothing to do with whether Naley were pushed to back this season. Because IMO Haley's pregnancy WAS shown a lot!!! Just not her relationship with Nathan so much. There is a BIG difference.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:37:52 AM by iloveoth16 »

NickJess

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 07:23:57 AM »
If their whole plan was to have the "miracle" pregnancy, then why even create the adoption storyline.  It was completely predictable.  BJu gets picked (while Brooke lies--which in my honest opinion--I lost some respect for her for doing that at first), the girl has the baby, decides to keep it, BJu gets screwed--all ending in Brooke crying yet again this season.  Wow--shocker! 

THAT's what I thought,too...I really wasn't satisfied at all at first,b/c I really loved the adoption storyline more.Sure,she already kinda had it with Sam,but it didn't work out...and then again with Chloe's baby...it didn't work out.

But like I said...I kinda warmed up to (or with?) Brooke having her own baby.

Offline kayleighOTHfan23

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »
I was a bit annoyed it was rushed through two episodes - not because I want to see a pregnant Brooke preparing for a baby, but because BJu's pregnancy was probably pretty much the main reason the finale spanned over a year, and I didn't really like that. I think it would have had a lot more emotion and heart and it would have just been a better episode if it had been in one time, not over a year. I love Brooke and Julian and I'm really glad they had twins and we got to see them with their children, and I'm not trying to ~blame BJu for the finale being like that, but it is a shame that we got a rushed, unexplained miracle pregnancy instead of the adoption storyline or Brooke being pregnant earlier on in the season. If she'd been pregnant a bit earlier we could've seen more pregnant Brooke, it wouldn't have been as rushed and maybe the finale could have just had one flashforward at the end to show them with their babies.

As for the comparison to Haley's pregnancy... I agree with the people saying that it got plenty of focus. The fact she was pregnant was brought up a lot, she had some hormones and there was the episode where she tricked everyone, etc etc. So that was good and it's a shame for people who wish Brooke could have gotten a bit more stuff like that. And yeah, it was Nathan and Haley's relationship that was in the background this season, not Haley's pregnancy itself. I think everyone in here agrees on that. But... that's kind of the thing: it was all about Haley being pregnant, not Haley AND Nathan being pregnant. Pretty stupid that the season NH get little focus is the season where they're pregnant. Nathan should have been involved a lot more... not because NH fans just wanted coupley scenes, but because it's common sense. He's the dad. Nathan really wanted another baby, especially a girl, and now that she was pregnant with a girl he was barely there? They hardly even discussed the pregnancy other than episodes 1 and 16. Their scenes acknowledged the fact she was pregnant every now and again, but that was really it. It was more "Haley is pregnant" than "we are about to have another baby", which I just found pretty annoying. Yeah, she's pregnant, which means they're about to have another child, which is life changing. Scenes with them discussing/dealing with that would have been a lot more entertaining than some of the NH scenes we did get, or even better than Jamie/Madison shoelace drama or Chuck needing glasses drama or Mouth and Millie basically having the same scenes every episode about news reporting drama. I was especially annoyed we never saw Nathan's reaction to finding out it was a girl. =(

Sooo yeah, although Haley's pregnancy got focus, Nathan not being a part of it is a huge reason a lot of people don't think it was well portrayed. It's not like people just wanted Nathan to be there for the sake of more NH scenes, but for the fact he's the father. Brooke's pregnancy scenes in the finale - although rushed, which is a shame - included both her AND Julian being excited for the arrival of their children. This is really just the sort of simple (pretty obvious) thing NH fans wanted, and why many weren't satisfied with it. The father should be a part of it too, especially when it's been made clear for seasons that Nathan really wanted the little girl he was now getting.