Author Topic: "Brooke Davis"  (Read 4019 times)

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
"Brooke Davis"
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:58:31 PM »
Does anyone else get annoyed that Julian still calls Brooke, "Brooke Davis"?  ???

Him of all people, now that they're married, should be calling her "Brooke Baker" That would be MUCH cuter for them. Not that they need that much more "cuteness" going on, but last episode it was driving me crazy! She's a baker now. PLUS I find the B.Davis, Brooke Davis thing to be a Lucas/Peyton thing with her. All of a sudden he's doing it. I know he's done it for a while, but it would be cute and their own thing if he used his last name now that they're married.

Maybe it's just me, and I"m over thinking it, but that would be much better IMO ;D

BROOKE BAKER.

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Re: "Brooke Davis"
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:56:31 AM »
Haha, yeah, dude needs to stop. :laugh: I mean, it's cute and all, but we know her last name by now. And if he keeps on saying Brooke Davis now that they have a baby named Davis, the other one might get jealous. jk, but he's called her Brooke Baker before so he should probably stick to that. Or, I don't know, just call her BROOKE!

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 06:03:40 AM »
I like the way he calls her actually, it's sweet. But he should switch it up a little bit indeed.

Offline brenda

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 06:33:06 AM »
Since the beginning of their relationship, Julian Brooke called by her whole name so I took the habit
And it's not the only, Peyton called Brooke Davis or B. Davis, sometimes same for Peyton or Haley, Nathan

But I agree to call Brooke Baker

Offline Krystal

• IntheMoon
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • long live. ♫
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 08:51:09 AM »
I agree that he should call her Brooke Baker, otherwise it makes it seem like they're not married. Or they should just stop with the whole first and last name thing every time they say someone's names. Like, we know their names, and the characters know their names, so we don't need to hear both their first and last names all the time. I don't know many people that would call people by their full name constantly irl.

There is only One T r e e Hill.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
I agree that he should call her Brooke Baker, otherwise it makes it seem like they're not married. Or they should just stop with the whole first and last name thing every time they say someone's names. Like, we know their names, and the characters know their names, so we don't need to hear both their first and last names all the time. I don't know many people that would call people by their full name constantly irl.

Yeah, thats so true. I would find it really weird if I called or people called me by my first AND last name! It was quite cute before they were married but he should definitely stick to Brooke Baker or just Brooke now :) Brooke Baker sounds really cute as well.

NickJess

Offline dawni3

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Credit: Agnes!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »
If he did it every so often, it'd be cute. But the fact that at least twice an episode he calls her Brooke Davis makes it super super annoying. Cant he just call her Brooke?!?!?!?!?

Brooke Baker would be a nice change.
Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining...

Offline vixen

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »
I agree, it would be actually nice to hear that Brooke took her husband's last name... They don't even give us a chance to get used to how "Brooke Baker" sounds! Besides, maybe it's just in Poland, but we don't use first and last name while addressing people we know very well. We just call our friends using their first names or nicknames. So I find it a little bit strange that they keep addressing themselves using their full names (not only Brooke and Julian, all OTH characters in general).
Credit: Popo♥

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 03:36:25 PM »
Well Julian did call her Brooke Penelope Davis Baker when she was jumping on the bed, and he's said Mrs.Baker a few times, so she's obviously taken his name along with her own. But I do wish he'd stop with the Brooke Davis stuff. It's cute once in a while, but I think he said it 3 times in 8x22 and that's a little much. Just call her Brooke! Or Brooke Baker.

sofetch25

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
I always thought it was cute that he called her Brooke Davis. I agree it doesn't need to be in an episode more then once or in every episode even but I do like it and I don't think it makes them seem anyless married. He usually says it when he's trying to be cute or romantic or giving an empowering speech to remind her who she is lol if they are argueing or he's talking about her to others he just calls her Brooke

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »
So this was written in a year ago -- but I recently re-watched the finale and still Julian said "Brooke Davis" --I get so annoyed! ;) 

She's his wife after all -- wouldn't he like to call her "Brooke Baker"? I know I'm harping on it, but it bothers me. Ha

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »
I love he calls Brooke Davis, :)

Offline Chassi

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »
Maybe because Brooke Davis has a better ring to it imo.

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 04:49:21 PM »
I definitely agree with that -- we're used to it. I just thought it would have been cute if Julian called her "Brooke Baker" since she's now his wife. It would just be romantic.

Offline Chris

• Senior VIP. 11 years and counting.
    • The Underlined
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »
Maybe she kept her name. She has that right..