Author Topic: Nathan and Dan scene  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Vlad

• I'm a VIP!
  • Mr X
Nathan and Dan scene
« on: May 18, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »
Worth all the crappy filler episodes of season 8,nuff said.
[

Offline angelalucy

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Naley Always & Forever
Re: Nathan and Dan scene
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 03:18:48 AM »
i liked the scene

Offline GreatScott33

• I should own stock in this place!
  • ♥ Robert Downey Jr. ♥
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:22:58 AM »
Agreed to the opening.

I love how nathan can never 'stay away' from dan.

Adored the scene..... even though it was too short. I hope we see him more next season! *crosses fingers.*
  ♫ 

Offline fan_of_the_show

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:33:46 AM »
Dan might be the character that adds the most to the show. IMO the show has missed Dan in the stretches he has been gone much more than they have any other character.

Kendal

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 05:17:37 AM »
I liked it, a lot. I normally don't like Nathan going to see his father (although I love Dan in the episodes). I liked that he simply went to take him things about his grandchildren, and that was it. It's all that was needed.

Offline Elilo

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 06:37:30 AM »
Dan might be the character that adds the most to the show. IMO the show has missed Dan in the stretches he has been gone much more than they have any other character.

he is.
instead of all the stupid SLs they gave us this seasno they should have explored Nathan/Dan.
to me, Dan is the only characters that links the show to the HS days (and even season 5) we need more of him now that we got another season
'He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it.'

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »
I hate Dan and always hated him but the scene was OK. Just another sign this would be the perfect series finale since the show originally started about 2 brothers struggling with their dad; and this scene seemed like a step for redemption and a good way to end their connection/ SL.

As for myself ; I have a dad who I havent seen for 2 years now due circumstances ; things he said, things he did ; maybe even worse than Dan , so I never got why Nathan wanted to see his dad again. I am so glad relieved I dont have to see mine anymore.

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »
I have always loved the Nathan/Dan dynamic and how their relationship has changed throughout the years. This scene was fantastic but I wish it was longer. I hope next season we get to see more of them together onscreen and maybe even have Haley included. I have to say though that Dan not being able to see his grandkids is the right decision as horrible as that may be.
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 01:20:51 PM »
I loved it! Even though it was really short, I think that's all it needed to be.
Nathan said & did what he thought needed to be done.

sofetch25

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »
Ok I get why they don't want Dan around the kids but weren't they letting Dan hangout with Jamie in season 6? What changed there? Jamie obviously cared for Dan and watched Scott Free and Nathan took Jamie to say goodbye to Dan in season 7 and Jamie forgave him. I don't remember ever getting an explanation for why Dan was no longer allowed to come spend time with Jamie.

In season 9 if we get a scene where Nathan tells Dan he forgives him I'm going to be an emotional mess

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »
Ok I get why they don't want Dan around the kids but weren't they letting Dan hangout with Jamie in season 6? What changed there? Jamie obviously cared for Dan and watched Scott Free and Nathan took Jamie to say goodbye to Dan in season 7 and Jamie forgave him. I don't remember ever getting an explanation for why Dan was no longer allowed to come spend time with Jamie.

In season 9 if we get a scene where Nathan tells Dan he forgives him I'm going to be an emotional mess

I agree with you. They were letting Jamie & Dan together & now they're all like "Noooo!" Ok?

& I honestly hope Nathan never forgives Dan. I do love Dan & believe he has changed but he MURDERED his own brother, his son's uncle, his grandons uncle, & so on. Being forgiven isn't realistic, IMO.

I can understand Nathan wanting closure, but as far as actual forgiveness, I don't see it happening.

P.L.BR.eyton

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:37 PM »
I wonder what was on the back of Lydia's picture that made Dan smile. Hmmm, something for next season?

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 03:45:07 PM »
Loved that scene but it was way to short. I know that Dan is a murderer and all but I couldn't help but to feel bad for him. But it's probably because of Paul Johansson acting, he's great.

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

Offline Destined4Greatness

• All you need is one.
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »
The only scene I actually cared about in this failed finale.

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
  • ♫ Always Keep Fighting ♫
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 11:52:46 PM »
I thought this scene was well done!

For me, as much as I ADORE PJ & his acting & the way hes always played Dan, as a lot of people already know on here; Keith was / is my all time favorite OTH character & a major personal bias that I have come to realize I have & will most likely never get over is that Dan can do no right in my eyes ever again after killing Keith. :P

That being SAID .. this scene almost made me tear up.

It wasn't overdone or unimportant & I enjoyed PJ coming back to do it a lot, personally.
♫  ♥   Live. Laugh. Love. ... Music!   ♫  ♥