Author Topic: Friendships being "out of the blue."  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Melissa

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • D'Arch ♥ D'Lov
    • Brucas Destiny Boards
Re: Friendships being "out of the blue."
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 02:30:10 PM »
I think Brooke just finally realized how much Haley meant to her so she decided to tell her.

Obviously she's going to miss Peyton, she was her best friend growing up and they went through a lot together.

But I agree just because her and Peyton have been through more, and have had a longer friendship doesn't make her friendship with Haley any less. Brooke was just finally acknowledging their friendship. And they were pretty good friends in the past too. In the earlier seasons. Not as close as they are now clearly/
I'm over my head and I know it, I know it. I'm doing my best not to show it, to show it.
Whatever it takes to be, what I was meant to be I'm gonna try. ♥

Katrina87

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
Baley is not out of the blue, Brooke and Haley had a little thing since that season 1 episode when Brooke was high on pills and Lucas/Nathan got kicked out of the bus (man that was a good episode!) Baley has been built up since a long time.

Now whats 'out of the blue' is Quinn and Alex....forced friendship and freakin annoying too! The way they kept going like 'can i ask you a question?' ugghhh

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »
Brooke and Haley's friendship was pretty random at the beginning of season 2. Considering season 1 ended with Brooke and Haley NOT  really being "friends" nor did they ever talk/hang out and season 2 started with BH hanging out and Brooke throwing her a bachelorette party, it's pretty random to me. Aside from that, I do think that BH had a great build up.

@Hoops, you seem to really not understand the fact that Peyton isn't on the show or in the town anymore. I'm gonna assume that we didn't see Peyton comforting Haley because Hilarie, the actress that portrays Peyton, wasn't there nor will she ever be in OTH again. Obviously Brooke is going to be shown being concerned about Haley since she's still actually on the show. LOL

@katrina87, yeah, BH had that episode in season 1 but that was mainly building up PH's friendship. As I recall, Brooke mad a comment about how PH weren't going to be friends the next day or whatever. After that episode, Haley and Brooke never had any real interactions. And like I said, to me, it seems out of the blue because BH weren't necessarily friends when season 1 ended and when season 2 started which was like a few days after the season 1 finale, BH are automatically friends and hanging out? I personally don't buy it.

But with Quinn/Alex, they actually did hang out. Other than Quinn taking pictures of Alex for Clothes Over Bros, they spent time at the bachelorette party and it was shown that they bonded. BH, however, never really showed that they bonded from season 1 to 2.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 12:51:56 PM »
I don't see the need to compare those friendships. I've always loved all of the friendships on the show ( the big ones anyway ). Love Haley and Brooke together as their friendship was growing on-screen ; but the Peyton/Brooke friendship was big aswell. I hate it that people just down-grade the Peyton/Brooke friendship, just because Peyton moved on. I tend to believe they are still in touch. They have so much history that they will be friends forever.

As for the discussion which of the girls is Brooke's best friend...I would not be able to give the answer. I don't like prefering one friend over another since everyone is unique in their own way. I realy believe Brooke's close to both of the girls, equally. Just because Peyton moved on, we see more of the Haley/Brooke friendship which makes people think their friendship is stronger, which is crap.

What if Joy decided to leave the show at the end of S6? Then Peyton would still be on the show and people wouldn't have argued their friendship.

Offline chadbethanyjoyfan

• yes
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
look who care baley was out of the blue

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 03:10:42 PM »
I keep seeing this phrase "out of the blue" at every OTH board I go to.

Do friendships and relationships really have to have a build up for it to make sense?

Take for example, one of my friendships irl...it was the definition of random this past year and it's been one of the best friendships I've had, doesn't make it less worthy of a friendship build I've had since I was three.

I really don't think Baley was out of the blue though, nor was the friendship just about Brooke.

I think people are forgetting how much Brooke was there for Haley in the past seasons.

To me, the best kinds of friendships are those who you haven't seen in a long time and can still act like best friends even with time passing.

I completely agree with everything here.

I moved away from home almost 2 years ago, when I go back for a visit, it's like I never left, no matter with my friends that I had for years or friends I only just got close with before I left.

To me Baley was nowhere out of the blue, ever since they became roomies in season 3 they've become good friends and then best friends.  Season 5 was a bit odd because Brooke and Peyton had just moved back to town, but Brooke and Haley were still friends, maybe not best friends right away because Haley had gotten so close with Lindsay, but all three of them, (Brooke, Haley & Peyton) I always considered to be best friennds after season 3.

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
I don't mind if friendships have build up. Like I love the Nathan/Clay and Quinn/Alex friendships, even if we didn't see the build up to either of them since there was a time jump between season 6 and 7 and the Quinn/Alex friendship is recent. I remember when I first started school when I was like 5, and I became best friends with a girl on the first day and we were really good friends for years. Sure it's different when you're little, but sometimes people just connect really easily so I don't think it's unrealistic.

I do love Brooke/Haley too and their build up though, and I think they have had build up. They didn't always see eye to eye. I think it just seems 'random' to some people because there's been more focus on their friendship since Peyton is no longer around, but it's always been there.

I agree with you :).
I don't know why people don't see them as being best friends. There's been looooads of moments over the years which show that haha.

Offline justafan

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 04:18:08 AM »
Friendship never need a build up.  But it's really irritating to cancel out one friendship to make another friendship look stronger.  It just makes everyone look weaker.