Author Topic: Peyton was such a bitch  (Read 16563 times)

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
Re: Peyton was such a bitch
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 12:27:36 AM »
There's a difference between HBIC and just being a bitch for pathetic reasons.  There lies the difference between what Peyton could of been in season 1 and season 5 Peyton.  This was the only time I couldn't stand her, it was like taking steps backwards to me.

Tori

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 01:23:33 AM »
Damn you for not hanging around the dead forums and regularly posting on old, tired, topics.  SUCH A LOSER.

I know right? I've just been sitting around waiting for this topic! My entire life revolves around hating Peyton....

ANYWAYS I don't think her letting him go was graceful because really, what else could she do? She had exhausted most options and she knew that there was nothing left to do and she kind of had to give up, in my opinion.

HIL_IS_LOVE

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 01:36:27 AM »
^She could have easily told Lindsey about the kiss if she really wanted to be "pathetic". As insecure as Lindsey was, Peyton had plenty of options if she really wanted to prevent Lucas from marrying Lindsey.

To be honest, I don't even understand why she was apologizing for Lindsey and Lucas' break up. They did that all on their own. And it was actually kind of annoying.

Yeah that annoyed me too.

Tori

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 01:57:39 AM »
But I mean her trying to get Lucas. Telling Lindsey about the kiss would not have ensured that.

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ -- art: lj
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 04:36:23 PM »
LOVE PEYTON. Loved her most in S1 and S5. She is amazing in S5. She had developed so much as a character and seeing her in this huge conflict about returning home and seeing Lucas again was great. While I don't think she dealt well with every situation, she was still the strong girl she was before she went to LA.

She was a bitch who know what she wanted. I adore her <3

grace= no.

strength= LOL Peyton STRONG? Ummmm no.

love= Maybe a little too much to the point where it's creepy..

beauty= ummm...I guess that is up to interpertation.

growth= Not really considering she's done the same thing in previous seasons.

see and posts like this really made us appreciate the time when we used to hang around the dead forums and regularly post on old, tired topics without you around.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 04:56:04 PM by ishipleyton »
scars are just skin growing back thicker when it heals

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »
Guys, please refrain from getting too harsh and personal with each other. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's keep this thread nice and debatable.   :)
Credit: LJ

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »
Just like the old times. I've missed it lol.

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

Tori

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »

see and posts like this really made us appreciate the time when we used to hang around the dead forums and regularly post on old, tired topics without you around.

LOL God forbid someone express an opinion on here! I'm not surprised the SAME people still get butthurt over everything...some things never change. ;)

Anyways Peyton is a manipulative, pathetic bitch in season 5....my opinion, DEAL with it, or continue crying about the injustice!

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 10:59:24 PM »
^She could have easily told Lindsey about the kiss if she really wanted to be "pathetic". As insecure as Lindsey was, Peyton had plenty of options if she really wanted to prevent Lucas from marrying Lindsey.

The only reason Peyton didn't tell Lindsey is because she isn't stupid. She wanted Luke, but being vindictive would not have gotten him. It would've cause a rift between LL but it would not have gotten her what she wanted. If she had done that, she would've only pushed Luke away more. I mean Luke already treated her horribly when it wasn't her fault, could you imagine if it was?

And I don't think Peyton bowed out gracefully, if she had she wouldn't have begged Luke not to marry Lindsey. They only reason she didn't do any worse is because she had realized that she lost. And she did lose because the only reason he didn't marry Lindsey was because Lindsey said no. He had already said I do.

HIL_IS_LOVE

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 12:59:55 AM »
But I mean her trying to get Lucas. Telling Lindsey about the kiss would not have ensured that.

This is probably right, although I'm not sure that there's anything ANYONE could do to positively ensure that they will get anyone. Free will is what makes humans different from robots or things that can be controlled. What I'm trying to say is that Peyton wasn't completely helpless. That was kind of the whole point of the 5.07 kiss that Lucas willingly participated in or the fight they had in 5.06. Obviously Lucas had some unresolved feelings for Peyton or else he wouldn't have kissed her. Obviously he had some unresolved issues with Peyton or else he wouldn't have been arguing with her about their past relationship that took place THREE years ago. I'm not saying that the 5.06 fight or the 5.07 kiss automatically meant that Peyton was in control, but to say that Peyton was completely helpless is a little far-fetched. It's impossible to say what would have happened if Peyton hadn't let go of Lucas because it didn't happen that way, but she didn't force Lucas to kiss her and if she didn't want to let him go who knows what would have happened.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 01:49:05 AM »
The only reason Peyton didn't tell Lindsey is because she isn't stupid. She wanted Luke, but being vindictive would not have gotten him. It would've cause a rift between LL but it would not have gotten her what she wanted. If she had done that, she would've only pushed Luke away more. I mean Luke already treated her horribly when it wasn't her fault, could you imagine if it was?

I agree with this.

And I don't think Peyton bowed out gracefully, if she had she wouldn't have begged Luke not to marry Lindsey. They only reason she didn't do any worse is because she had realized that she lost. And she did lose because the only reason he didn't marry Lindsey was because Lindsey said no. He had already said I do.

Like it's been said, Peyton was pretty much selfish and pathetic throughout that episode but by the end of it, she did gracefully let him go. She could have continued to fight for him, throw herself at him, etc... but she accepted the fact that he was with someone else and she wished him happiness which was something she was never able to do prior to that.

Offline brokenmixtape2

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »
She made mistakes and acted immature but at the end of the day she did the right thing and tha´s all that really matters. She was hurt and in love, that makes you do crazy things and Lucas did nothing to help the sitation, he made it 100 times more difficult.  People should cut her some slack.
 I loved her all through the season!
Walking the streets with you and your worn out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »
Just like the old times. I've missed it lol.

IKR? :laugh:

OY VEY!

some people never grow up.

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 01:09:41 AM »
some people never grow up.

So many things to say to this, but I'll just leave it at.. I agree ;).
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Tori

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »