Author Topic: Peyton was such a bitch  (Read 16892 times)

Offline Letthegoodtimesroll

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • B-Rok<3
    • http://twitter.com/KWilly714
Peyton was such a bitch
« on: November 27, 2010, 01:25:06 PM »
and I loved every single second of it. I rewatched the first half of season 5 and I loved her more than I had remembered. She reminded me of Season 1 peyton when she was just well a bitch. I loved it.

If they had kept her character this strong girl with an attitude I would have liked her so much more.

Nate&Serena<3

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
Re: Peyton was such a bitch
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »
SAME!

I JUST started rewatching S5 and my god I love this girl.

She was bitchy - and then she was flawed, broken, lost... trying to find her way again. She was something that I think everyone could relate to in some way. GAH I loved her so much. I'd even go as far to say S5 is my favorite season for her.

But yeah. I wish so freakinnnng much they would've kept her character HOW she had been written all the times previously instead of changing it at the end of S5. Like still give her growth, but remain her feisty self. But whatever, still loved her! LMAO.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:40:24 AM by hilarie.love »
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Tori

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 02:37:37 PM »
Season 5 was just a more extreme version of what she had always been...selfish, but I did like her to an extent because she was somewhat easy to relate to. The only thing I wish she would have done is own up to what a manipulative biatch she was instead of the whole pity me act.

And the end of Season 5 she was pathetic, ngl. LOL

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »
Umm, at the end of S5 she did own up to it. I can't count how many times she apologized. In fact, it annoyed me HOW MUCH she owned up to everything because it was so not all her fault. She was the one apologizing to everyone like she was the only person who did wrong and everyone else was "right". Lucas, Lindsay, Haley, etc. Ugh, I remembered that is what infuriated me most about S5; the injustice to her character. But at the same, that injustice made my love for her that much stronger.

I wish she still had that fierce aspect her character had at the beginning, but I still adored her. So much grace, strength, love, beauty, growth.
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »
Season 5 was just a more extreme version of what she had always been...selfish, but I did like her to an extent because she was somewhat easy to relate to. The only thing I wish she would have done is own up to what a manipulative biatch she was instead of the whole pity me act.

And the end of Season 5 she was pathetic, ngl. LOL

Toriiiiiiiiiii!!!! <33333333
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Tori

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »
LOL the 'injustice to her character'? I haven't watched Season 5 in a really long time but I don't remember Peyton apologizing a lot. Once or twice yes, but it was no where close to the point where she was apologizing TOO much. She was wrong and so it was only right that she owned up to it. I still don't think it was enough though. She never admits that she's manipulative, even when she does apologize. Or that she's selfish, etc.

grace= no.

strength= LOL Peyton STRONG? Ummmm no.

love= Maybe a little too much to the point where it's creepy..

beauty= ummm...I guess that is up to interpertation.

growth= Not really considering she's done the same thing in previous seasons.

LOL HI REBECCAAAAAAAA. <333333

CMMBJGHB

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 06:21:09 PM »
S1 peyton is definitely my favorite bitchy side of peyton!

but s5 had some moments too. Loved the scence in 507 when Peyton interrupts Lindsey and Haley in mid convo only to steal Haley away from Lindsey! lmao.

and hello members who come out of hibernation only to post about characters they claim to hate. lmao. Nice to see you.

Tori

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 06:27:52 PM »

and hello members who come out of hibernation only to post about characters they claim to hate. lmao. Nice to see you.

Aw thanks! Wish I could say the same...but then I'd be lying.

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 06:44:54 PM »
Lol when Peyton apologizes, it doesn't mean a single thing cause aye just makes the same mistake she was apologizing for all over again. And she was apologizing for things she was legit WRONG about, so how does it make her some soet if saint fir apologizing? Also, apologies with "im sorry, but..." dont really count imo. And yea pretty sure she only apologized like...3 times maybe. But for Peyton, I guess that is alot more than normal.

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 06:49:04 PM »
I don't remember Peyton apologizing THAT much for it. Season five, IMO, was Peyton's worst season for me. I thought she was cruel a lot of the time, quite childish and in terms of stregth, I thought she was very weak. Though, I hated what she did in season one to her best friend, I thought that and season 2-3 were her best and strongest in terms of her character.

Though I am not her biggest fan, I do like her sometimes and I tended to love her through out all of season 2 and most of season three. I actually didn't like her at all, not even in one scene in season five. I did like her again in season six though.
Credit: LJ

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 06:52:59 PM »
awww. this thread is to appreciate Peyton in season 5, why we gotta bring in the hate? makes me sad.

Anyways, I definitely agree about Peyton in season 5. With the first two posts. LOL. Peyton was definitely my favorite this season. I mean, I loved her in season 1, but I felt like she was more well rounded in this season. She made a LOT of mistakes and she was acting selfish at times, but I feel like Lucas was REALLY giving her mixed signals and it would have sucked to be in that position. And I think her mistakes really made her more human and more relatable. And even though she can be a bitch, to me its obvious that at the core shes a good person and she doesnt genuinely try to hurt anyone. At least not intentionally.

I wasnt a huge fan of peyton in seasons 2/6/4, even parts of 3, because she was too happy and almost too nice. She became sort of a push over, and that just wasnt who she was when the show started. So it was really nice to see some of that fire and spark back.

I do think she needed to apologize to Lindsey for how she treated her, but I feel like Lucas and Lindsey also had some apologizing to do for their actions and we never got that from them, which was disappointing. The girls were just being catty/jealous of each other, but Lucas was really the one at fault, leading one on when he was in love with the other. (and interpret that whichever way you want.) He was clearly confused and trying to have his cake and eat it too.

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »

Damn you for not hanging around the dead forums and regularly posting on old, tired, topics.  SUCH A LOSER.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

HIL_IS_LOVE

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »
SAME!

I JUST started rewatching S5 and my god I love this girl.

She was such a bitch. So flawed. But SO relatable, and so broken, and GAH I loved her so much. I'd even go as far to say S5 is my favorite season for her.

But yeah. I wish so freakinnnng much they would've kept her character HOW she had been written all the times previously instead of changing it at the end of S5. Like still give her growth, but remain her feisty self. But whatever, still loved her! LMAO.

ILU Christy. Well said.

Peyton was a bitch and I loved every second of it. She had flaws but she didn't just act phony with people and pretend like she felt a certain way when she didn't. Sorry I'd rather not watch generic, plastic, boring characters with absolutely no heart.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 11:24:42 PM »
What exactly did Peyton have to apologize for? As far as Peyton being a "bitch" to Lindsey, she did say sorry and they got over it. I don't recall Lindsey ever apologizing to Peyton when they were both equally wrong.

To be honest, I don't even understand why she was apologizing for Lindsey and Lucas' break up. They did that all on their own. And it was actually kind of annoying.

I do agree that Peyton was pretty selfish begging Lucas not to marry Lindsey and that was such a turn-off. They made her so needy and pathetic, but by the end of that episode, I thought she was pretty graceful finally letting Lucas go and accepting his relationship with Lindsey.

x_forever

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 12:10:47 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA. that's awesome. just thought i'd throw that out there :]