Author Topic: When Haley jumped in the pool  (Read 6335 times)

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
When Haley jumped in the pool
« on: November 08, 2010, 11:55:53 PM »
When Haley jumped in the pool, but Nathan jumped in & got her. Was she trying to kill herself?
Or didn't she say she was just trying to feel something? or was that about something else?

Offline othlove224

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • credit- sig- Pauline
Re: When Haley jumped in the pool
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 12:05:48 AM »
its thought she was..
or she was just trying to feel something..
feel something other than the pain she was feeling.. something different I suppose.

haleymyself

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:22:55 AM »
I think it was pretty obvious, with all the build-up we got until that scene with Haley constantly looking at the pool and at the water that she was not trying to kill herself. She was depressed and acting completely OOC because of it, but the way I saw it is that she was just trying to feel something (as she said afterwards to the therapist) and jumping in the water was like starting over and a way to forget about the pain and let it go, never trying to kill herself.

joyforthestars

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:31:38 PM »
I loved Haley's depression but didn't like when she lite the piano on fire, it was way to OTT.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:10:33 PM »
Her depression was imo one of the best acted depressions ever written and acted on network television. Ok, I am a bit biased since I love Joy and the show but this season just touched me, mainly because of her and her scenes. The scene with the piano was a bit extreme, true, but on the other hand...well, she was depressed.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 05:56:18 PM »
I really liked this SL but I would've loved it to be more develoopped because it was really good and I think it should've lasted more than 4 episodes ...
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
^I couldn't agree more when it comes to the Victoria/Haley scene. Loved it, even though it wasn't really spectacular. Also wished that Joy would've gotten more time to show her talent with this sl. She did such an amazing job.

And about Brooke supporting Haley. In the promo for the finale they showed parts of a Baley scene, but it wasn't in the episode. I was really bummed because of that. I would've loved to see more of Brooke supporting Haley as well. It being implied off screen isn't enough for me. Perhaps because I just want more Baley moments :P

As for the question in this Thread; I don't think she jumped in with the idea to kill herself. I think she jumped in because she was just too lost to think rationally. Like was said before, she just wanted to feel something. She didn't think it through, she didn't think of consequences...I think.

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline kayalauren

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 07:54:01 AM »
I think they would have stretched the storyline into the next season rather than just the 3 or 4 episodes had they have known at the time they were getting a season 8

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 11:21:02 AM »
Her depression was imo one of the best acted depressions ever written and acted on network television. Ok, I am a bit biased since I love Joy and the show but this season just touched me, mainly because of her and her scenes. The scene with the piano was a bit extreme, true, but on the other hand...well, she was depressed.

I agree with this post. I'm a nursing student and this past semster we hada psych rotation. We spent 64 hours (over 8 weeks) in the psych ward. There was this one patient with severe depression who was there following a suicide attempt. I swear she acted just like Haley did. Actually Haley cried more that she did. She would just stare into space. She just seemed so empty. I never realized how accurate OTH's portrayal was until I spent time with true clinically depressed patients. I think when people think of depression they think of just being sad and crying, but true clinical depression is a lot deeper than that.

Offline Aida.

• " People always leave. "
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »
i really thought that she tried to kill herself when she jumped in the pool, but i guess she told the truth about 'trying to feel something'... anyway it was an emotional scene, actually every scene about Haley's depression was really touching and i cried all over those episodes ( i saw them for the 2nd time) again...
i don't really know what part was the saddest.. she getting out in the middle of the night and starting to cry, she being 'rude' with Jamie, she jumping in the pool, setting the piano on fire... or maybe the parts when she was talking with 'her mother' on the phone...
the scene after she set the piano on fire, when she said 'i'm going to call mom' ... it was just heartbreaking...

" If I tell you I Love You, can I keep you forever? "

Offline Lulu-144

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 03:50:11 AM »
That moment was so sad... So glad Nathan saved her.
n a t h a n + h a l e y