Author Topic: one tree hill: where time doesn't add up  (Read 5125 times)

Offline GM16

• Sunshine_LP support :], credit for the avi
one tree hill: where time doesn't add up
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:49:46 AM »
ok season 7 starts off at the end of nathans first year of the nba
In season 8 it says Nathans is going to training camp which is in September,

so apparently in One Tree Hill you can do all of this between July and September

produce and film a full length movie in 2 months, then at the premier go skiing.....in the summer time.

get a divorce and be so in love with another person that they cant live without them a month later (CQ)

-try to commit suicide and be back to normal in a week, and then make a movie(alex)

-there's more that i can list. but does it bother anyone else that they have no sense of time? lol

Offline Elilo

Re: one tree hill: where time doesn't add up
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 02:56:59 AM »
love the title :laugh:
and yeah we all know it's pretty messed up, but after 8 years I've gotten used to it. now I kinda laugh at it instead of being annoyed
the whole Tree Hill's time line is messed up has became a part of the show
'He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it.'

JohnConner

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 03:03:36 AM »
why do people still pay attention to the timeline? If Mark Schwahn really cared, he would have paid more attention. He clearly doesn't, Mark even said to forget the timeline in the past, it is so messed up, it can't be fix.

Offline ashleyd15

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »
Exactly.  Time is nonexistant in Tree Hill!  Like how can Haley say that her and Nathan got married "last night" yet the flashback is obviously during the day.....

I was on the studio tour one time and one of the tour guides was quizzing me about what I knew (because I gave away what house we were at to my friends (it was on the wall! plus i knew it already) and told him that I had been on the tour multiple times already) and he goes "What time did high school start in Tree Hill?"  My answer?  "Who knows!  There is no time in Tree Hill!"  And he just laughed.. :P
Ashley

Offline NaleyIsLove678

• credit : dcfreak_2002
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 05:31:19 PM »
It's just a OTH thing. I have learned to just laugh at it... I stopped caring along time ago. But I do still wonder about Haley and Nathan getting married at night and it is clearly during the day. :P It is one of the many wonders of OTH.

SCREW-UPS! <3

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »
LOL I don't try to keep track anymore to be honest.  It's a fictional word so it doesn't truly matter.  And it is so OTH. :P

JohnConner

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 07:18:32 PM »
the timeline sucked since Jamie changing birthdays

Offline kaitlyn.23

• I have frequent Skarsgåsms.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 10:41:25 PM »
Yeah it's just a common OTH thing. Mark has even joked about it before, admitting that he's not really the best at fixing these things :P

Offline othlove224

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • credit- sig- Pauline
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
OTH isn't known for keeping a consistent timeline.. never.. haha its actually kind of funny now.. and its fictional.. so in the world of "oth" that is possible.

Offline Leyton105%

• Posting 24/7
  • The villain becomes the hero.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 04:22:58 AM »
Anything in Tree Hill is possible. When are people going to realize this? In Tree Hill I can do a whole days worth of activities before school, I can have my birthday change constantly, and be seven and never lose a tooth. Yes, I am aware of the MANY other things too. It's Tree Hill where everything, and anything will happen.
Brooke & Julian | Nathan & Haley | Clay & Quinn | Lucas & Peyton | Mouth & Millie
I don't wanna break your heart. I wanna give your heart a break

jwriter

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 03:51:32 PM »
OTH=messed up time line.  I admit after all this time I don't care, i find it to be just a part of the show.  It really isn't that important anyway.  As long as Jamie doesn't have another birthday this season I think we are good.

Offline (*Ashley*)

• “Never tell me the odds”
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »
Dawson's Creek was like that too though.

I remember Joey's nephew Alexander was born in season 1.

FF'd to season 4 and Dawson's sister Lilly was born.

But by magic in the series finale which was fast fwd. like 8 years or something and Alexander and Lilly are the same age.

It's not just OTH. It's other shows too. lol

You just have to laugh about it.

I'm sure that Sawyer is in college now and Jamie is a 30yr old man in a 8 year old's body.

He's the Benjamin Button of Tree Hill.

Offline TorturedFate

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • On the count of two...
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 06:31:08 PM »
Dawson's Creek was like that too though.

I remember Joey's nephew Alexander was born in season 1.

FF'd to season 4 and Dawson's sister Lilly was born.

But by magic in the series finale which was fast fwd. like 8 years or something and Alexander and Lilly are the same age.

It's not just OTH. It's other shows too. lol

You just have to laugh about it.

I'm sure that Sawyer is in college now and Jamie is a 30yr old man in a 8 year old's body.

He's the Benjamin Button of Tree Hill.

I never saw that as a timeline mess up on DC.
Seasons 1 and 2 were both their sophomore year, and season 4 was their senior year... Which puts Alex and Lilly only two years apart.

So in the finale Alexander would've been 8/9 and Lilly 6/7... So they would of course look the same age.

it's a beautiful lie, it's a perfect denial, such a beautiful lie to believe in.

Offline (*Ashley*)

• “Never tell me the odds”
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
Oh ok. Sorry my bad. I guess I thought the timeline was different. I feel stupid now. lol

Offline mhmitsAGGI

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • sig:tabby
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 07:04:19 PM »
First rule of One Tree Hill: Don't try to figure out the timeline.

It'll never make sense and has been screwed up too many times by now to fix it. I'm sure the writers have noticed seeing as most fans have, but it's too late to do anything lol