Author Topic: how does everyone feel about LP leaving ?  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Dom-4-Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Re: how does everyone feel about LP leaving ?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 02:00:39 AM »
I hated that LP left. I mean, even though they weren't my favorite characters, they were still part of the core 5, and the show sucks without them at times.

i felt bad for their fans too. Their send off sucked.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
They were a part of Tree Hill and at first I thought the show wouldn't be the same. There are still times I miss them, but that's because I am not fully sattisfied with the ending they wrote for them. They just ride off in their car, without saying goodbye to their friends. They were best friends for alot of years, and suddenly they leave without having a final word with their friends. That was written realy lazy imo. But that's the only thing I hate about it. Peyton and Lucas were important, but their story-lines were written realy bad the last 2 seasons. They were just out of drama with those 2 characters. So I thought it was a good decision to write them off [ again, the way they wrote them off was really bad ], so the show could welcome some new faces which I really fell in love with.

I do hope however, that at least Peyton with return for one episode to have some scenes with Brooke and Haley to have a proper send-off. I don't want the last scene that I remember about Peyton being a sad and bad written one, since I realy like the character. Her character deserves proper closure. And just explain Lucas not being there; by letting Peyton say he is sick or he got a visit from his mum.

BTW, I know it's not the subject of this thread but I do hope we get to see Debb again! She just vanished in season 6!

Offline Rose H.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
Although the show is still very good, i still want them back...But what can i do about it? :P
Can someone explain me why they left the show? Did the actors got tired or something?

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 07:57:08 PM »
I didn't care they left as couple, hated LP. But, I loved Peyton and the breyton friendship a lot as well as Luke and Brooke.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 08:31:46 AM »
I have to say, one thing I really liked about LP leaving is that they got to leave on a good note. So many couples get together after a long time (Jim & Pam come to mind) and then they are ruined by boring or dumb drama. LP went through a lot of drama for 6 seasons to FINALLY get married and we got to just know they were happpy.

Does that make sense? There really isn't much more they could have done with them. I loved the LP angst and the bliss just didn't suit them sometimes. Yes, sometimes I would have loved to see more Sawyer and obviously LH, but it was kinda nice to just know they were happy.

Offline justafan

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 03:35:32 AM »
I think about LP leaving as a series finale.  The ending river court in stating "dreams do come true" was perfect.  Because Lucas' dream did come true, he married the girl he's been in love with for years and they have a baby.  But I guess it was time to go, they had outlived Tree Hill and needed to find a new place to grow.  I think to continue a show without the number one characters is a little pretentious.  But it did work and Season 9 finale gave us back our One Tree Hill.  We didn't have Lucas/Peyton in that finale, but it was probably about as close to a deserving finale as we were gonna get.

Offline Valiant

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 07:27:26 PM »
Honestly i don`t really care when characters leave a show. I mean i wish they would have stayd on. But it never bothers me that much when characters leave.

Of course the show was better with them . But i still think it was good even without them

But i do think they could have given them a better send off.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »
I never liked them as a couple, but I liked Peyton a lot, so yeah when she left I felt sad about that.