Author Topic: Brooke at the beginning  (Read 10892 times)

Offline Sema

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • without a doubt
    • tumblr, yo.
Re: Brooke at the beginning
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »
brooke...wasn't outstanding in season one, but she wasn't horrible. i mean, i think some of the things she did..was just necessary to advance the plot of the show as a whole, regardless of if it increased or decreased her likability.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2011, 06:22:53 PM »
Ha. It's cool if you don't agree with my thoughts of her in season 1. Everyone liked different parts. Haley's always been my favorite character.

I was just clarifying what I meant by people favoring Brooke and such

I don't agree with everything you posted, but I know what you ment that there are fans that defend their favorite character into everything. That, I agree with. But I don't agree that Brooke is most liked around here or the only character getting defended with everything. Same goes for some Haley fans or Nathan fans. If you like a character you'll defend that character sooner than another character ofcourse.

And Brooke herself..as mentioned I liked her in S1, but I also like the character she became. The part why I love her is because of her growth that was amazing. S1 Brooke was fun to have around, but have her like that throught all seasons? No, thanks. Have Brooke like S8 in the entire series? No thanks. It's the growth that makes her amazing. Along with Nathan she changed the most of all core characters.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 08:17:01 PM »
Yes, we all defend our favorite characters.

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 08:41:03 AM »
Ok, maybe the title of evil was too much, I meant the character people suposse to hate (but the one who I loveee LOL).

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »
I didn't find Brooke evil in season one. She didn't technically do anything that deserves the title of "evil" for me. She was mean sometimes but that's about all. I just found her freaken annoying. All she did and seemed to care about was her popularity status, boys, cheerleading, and herself. She was incredibly shallow and ridiculous. She really had no direction in her life. I didn't find her character to be fun at all.

Totally agree.It was sad how she reduced herself so much.I remember a scene she had with Lucas while they were sitting in his truck.I think it was the episode with the college party.Lucas was suprised,when he saw how much Brooke cared for Peyton and when he told Brooke that she looked kinda sad and said: "Yeah,I'm sure you thought I'm just one of those cheerleader air-heads." Honestly?That is what I thought,too.I mean...it's not like she proved the others wrong.As soon as she opened her mouth she didn't talk about anything but boys,sex and parties.Gosh,I hated it and I was REALLY suprised that she changed so much in season 2.That is where I started to really love her.It seemed like she didn't only want to prove others she was more than a pretty face,but to herself as well and that was the right thing to do.

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 02:31:23 PM »
Sure :D

Offline Callum.

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2012, 02:31:17 PM »
Brooke was completely shallow and irritating for most of Season 1. There were a few moments, but the annoying ones outweigh the good.

Haley was my favourite character in Season One, and then they began to develop Brooke during Season 2 and she's been my favourite ever since.

She does things wrong, they all do things wrong and I wouldn't say any character has been painted to be flawless.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2012, 05:08:43 PM »
I agree with what you're saying about none of the characters being flawless. I love when Brooke messes up and then fixes it. It's very realistic. In season 1 when she was a bitch at the party and then put Nathan and Haley back together that was great and we got to see the good side of her finally. In season2 with the Felix stuff, she was shallow and in it just for sex and then she stuck up for Peyton against him, I thought that was great.

I feel once she became the "victim" to some people in the BLP love triangle then she could do no wrong. That's why I never understood why everyone was so mad about the sextape in season 4 -- it was SO logical for her to have slept with Nathan at a party. She definitely was no innocent girl. Which I didn't mind, it made sense to me.

Offline BJGfan

• Simply Stunning
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 08:45:50 PM »
Brooke was horrible in season 1. She was such a vain, slutty character (and useless). She was supposed to be the character brought in for comic relief I guess, but I just found her annoying. With the exception of 1x06, I didn't find her all that funny.  She was that typical, stereotypical cheerleader who thought she could get by on her looks and her body. I found it rather pathetic and quite sad actually. I'm glad she grew up (some) in the later seasons.
Paley--they're a team!

Offline Lulu-144

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 02:36:20 AM »
Season 1 Brooke > Season 7 Brooke

Me too!
n a t h a n + h a l e y

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 04:01:50 AM »
I actually didn't like Brooke that much season 1...I did like the comedy brought in from her, but I thought that she was shallow and kind of mean...I did like her as the show progressed, but it took me awhile to warm up to her...

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2012, 09:50:08 AM »
Season 1 Brooke was my favorite Brooke. It was a nice change from the "tutor girl" or the "brooding, artistic" girl. Brooke gave a new spice to the girls and I like that she was carefree -- some may call her "slutty" in season 1, but I loved it. As Lucas said, she's just easy, no drama, just fun.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 05:30:50 AM »
S1 Brooke was a shallow slut but she was a lot more likeable and tolerable than the post-S4 Brooke.

I actually liked S1-S3 Brooke. After that, blah. Me, me, poor me.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2012, 08:08:44 AM »
^^ Exactly!! She was too much in seasons 5-8. Always crying, tbh I really didn't feel bad for her ever. Except when she got beat up by X the first time. But even then she made it worse by keeping it to herself. No wonder you have no one when you don't talk about it! Ha, but that was off topic.

Season 1-3 were just FUN!

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »
S1 Brooke was a shallow slut but she was a lot more likeable and tolerable than the post-S4 Brooke.

I actually liked S1-S3 Brooke. After that, blah. Me, me, poor me.

Yup...

^^ Exactly!! She was too much in seasons 5-8. Always crying, tbh I really didn't feel bad for her ever. Except when she got beat up by X the first time. But even then she made it worse by keeping it to herself. No wonder you have no one when you don't talk about it! Ha, but that was off topic.

Season 1-3 were just FUN!

...and yup. It's hard to believe it's the same person. Especially when you consider how ridiculously likeable one version of Brooke was and how ridiculously unlikeable the other one turned out to be.