Author Topic: Brooke at the beginning  (Read 10891 times)

Offline TorturedFate

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • On the count of two...
Re: Brooke at the beginning
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »
I LOVED s1 Brooke - But even I admit that line made me roll my eyes. I think I really started loving her from the end of 1x02 onward.

it's a beautiful lie, it's a perfect denial, such a beautiful lie to believe in.

Offline Aida.

• " People always leave. "
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 05:46:35 AM »
I couldn`t stand Broke in the first season... I was just gettin' used with the characters, and I had no idea how things would happen, but I first thought Lucas was for Peyton. Now, I almost hate her and I want Lucas to be with Brooke. I really like her character, it`s my favorite, and I`m sorry that she won`t be with Lucas anymore...

" If I tell you I Love You, can I keep you forever? "

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 06:24:47 PM »
The only thing I liked about Brooke in s1 was her funny,bubbly side...but I HATED how she reduced herself so much.She really didn't talk or think about anything but boys,parties and sex.BAH!

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 06:55:52 PM »
I really liked Brooke in season 1 and I also like the today's Brooke. It has been a long process for her to learn how real life is.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
Season 1 Brooke was hilarious. I found her character more real than I do later in seasons. I think that her drunkenness was refreshing. They make her more "perfect" in later seasons and it bothers me because people are supposed to have flaws and screw up in life. People put Brooke on a pedestal all the time and think that the writers hate her if she does something wrong. To me, that's her charm. I liked hating her character when she went after Lucas in episode 1.04 ( whenever the cheerleader/basketball party was at the Scott house).

She was supposed to be the devilish character and she did a great job of it. That's what she was supposed to do. The little devil on your shoulder. It's relateable and fun to watch!

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2011, 12:34:05 AM »
Season 1 Brooke was hilarious. I found her character more real than I do later in seasons. I think that her drunkenness was refreshing. They make her more "perfect" in later seasons and it bothers me because people are supposed to have flaws and screw up in life. People put Brooke on a pedestal all the time and think that the writers hate her if she does something wrong. To me, that's her charm. I liked hating her character when she went after Lucas in episode 1.04 ( whenever the cheerleader/basketball party was at the Scott house).

I agree.People are supposed to have flaws,but to me it has always been Haley who seemed to be flawless...I mean...she was good at everything she did.Brooke has changed for the better in later seasons,because she showed everyone that she's way more than a pretty face,but I don't think that she became more perfect.She just grew up.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 12:51:55 AM »
Season 1 Brooke sucked! Her character was shallow and petty and overly ridiculous and over the top. I'm trying to figure out what real purpose she served on the show then other than the BLP drama which, IMI, made her character useless during that time.

Haley being flawless--ha, makes me laugh. And Brooke was definitely not shown to be perfect throughout the other seasons, IMO.

Yupp.I agree.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »
I liked that Brooke was shallow and petty. We had the "good girl"-Haley and "rebel artsy chick"-Peyton and Brooke was the "just have fun" girl. I think they covered all the bases of high schoolers. Brooke was a good friend in her own way.

I agree with Haley being made to be the flawless one, but ever since season 2 where Brooke started to show her heart everyone was super protective of her. She became everyone's favorite and if she was written todo something bad or to pull her back down to her old self people would get so mad. When you have serious characters like Haley and Peyton who pour out their hearts in music and stuff that I don't relate to as much, Brooke was that breath of fresh air.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 01:03:29 PM »
I liked S1 Brooke, but I am even happier that her character grew so much. It felt realistic that she was like that in S1 + parts of S2, but it ALSO felt realistic that her character grew to a more likeable character. I would have hated it if they would keep her as shallow as she was in S1. It's her growth that makes me love her. Not the behavior she had in S1 or the character she is today. It is the growth that she went throught.

But saying everyone looks Brooke and is protective of her? Not really. There are enought fans who seem to dislike Brooke. If there's one character, these days, most people love it would be Haley imo. Yes, she has flaws but we haven't seen a real big screw up besides the S2 fiasco. She was nearly always written friendly, loyal and kind to everyone who deserved it...and even to people who didn't deserve it. And THAT'S the part I love Haley for. That she is kind in nearly every situation.

Every character has something in it why I love him/her.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 01:31:16 PM »
I don't think any character on the show is/was supposed to be flawless but that's just me.

As for my feelings about S1 Brooke, I hated her but I liked hating her, if that makes any sense at all.

Season 1 Brooke sucked! Her character was shallow and petty and overly ridiculous and over the top. I'm trying to figure out what real purpose she served on the show then other than the BLP drama which, IMI, made her character useless during that time.

Yep.

^^^I get what you're saying even though I don't agree with it. And season 2 definitely didn't make Brooke my favorite character--I think that's generalizing a bit. :) I know a lot of people who still didn't like her and still don't. The sad thing is that Haley and peyton's mistakes are still awful to some people while Brooke's get looked over so easily. Sorry, that's the way I see things a lot.

And yep. I feel the same way.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
Well in each TV show we have to know the evil character...in this case it was Brooke in season 1.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
I don't mean to generalize the situation. I feel like I read the same things in a lot of threads. I don't remember who thinks what. They are all flawed, I agree. I feel like Brooke is most people's favorite character and so whatever she does gets put under the microscope most.

I agree they all have problems. People blame Peyton for all BLP issues and that bothers me. I'm not saying everyone on this thread are those people, I'm just talking about a lot of debates I've had on these forums over the past 5 years.
Brooke supporters outweigh Peyton ones.

All I'm saying is I thought she was hilarious. Said what she thought and was fun to watch in season 1. It got her in trouble but was fun

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »
I agree with this so much!  I just think it's the fans who try to make characters out to be flawless and "perfect" so to speak.

Im with you guys. It's the fans that defend their favorite characters to the point of perfection. And those are the people I'm talking about in my posts.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 02:40:09 PM »
Im with you guys. It's the fans that defend their favorite characters to the point of perfection. And those are the people I'm talking about in my posts.

Agreed!

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
Ha. It's cool if you don't agree with my thoughts of her in season 1. Everyone liked different parts. Haley's always been my favorite character.

I was just clarifying what I meant by people favoring Brooke and such