Author Topic: Brooke at the beginning  (Read 10888 times)

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • My tumblr
Brooke at the beginning
« on: June 17, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
I've recently watched episode 1x02 and it made realised how deffierent Brooke was at the beginning of the series. And I'm not even talking about her being kinda slutty, she was just very shallow character I guess. Especially in this conversation between BP:

Peyton: You ever look past it, Brooke?

BROOKE: Past what?

PEYTON: All of it. High school, basketball, and justÖ the whole popularity drama.

BROOKE: Yeah. I mean, I think about the future sometimes and it scares me. But then I think Iíll go to collegeÖ Iíll join the right sororityÖ Iíll marry a rich guy. Unless I get fat.

Lol

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

Offline Letthegoodtimesroll

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • B-Rok<3
    • http://twitter.com/KWilly714
Re: Brooke at the beginning
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
Season 1 Brooke wsa my favorite.  always like the sorta drunk fun friend.

Nate&Serena<3

Offline sophiaisawesome

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 05:18:22 PM »
I like s1 Brooke but i love how she changed.

Offline Mandie

• ABS ▪ LV ▪ BL ▪ DE ♥
    • Lights
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »
Season 1 Brooke > Season 7 Brooke

when it comes to love you're just as blinded.

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
Lol, she always had those two sides to her, this particular one was just more prevalent in the beggining.  But I think she's best with a mix of fiesty/funny and serious/mature.  As great as her growth was, all work and no play makes Brooke a boring character.  ;)

AnnieBae

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 08:48:21 PM »
I really couldn't stand Brooke at the beginning. Especially in the episode where there's a party at Dan's house and they were truth or dare and pulled out the note Haley wrote for Nathan. I really wanted to punch her in the face.

KRM

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 04:11:16 AM »

BROOKE: Yeah. I mean, I think about the future sometimes and it scares me. But then I think Iíll go to collegeÖ Iíll join the right sororityÖ Iíll marry a rich guy. Unless I get fat.

Lol

The funniest thing about this was Peyton's expression after Brooke said that: Umm ... Okaaaaay.

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 05:40:23 AM »
The funniest thing about this was Peyton's expression after Brooke said that: Umm ... Okaaaaay.

Haha, I know :) And the transcript of that scene I found online is even funnier, it says:

BROOKE: Yeah. I mean, I think about the future sometimes and it scares me. But then I think Iíll go to collegeÖ Iíll join the right sororityÖ Iíll marry a rich guy. [Pause] Unless I get fat.

[PEYTON nods, seemingly shocked by the shallowness]

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:15:58 AM »
^ Omg LOL!

Yeah Brooke at the very beginning of S1 is actually more annoying than I remember. Like she really needed to stop acting like a ~deep~, wise, misunderstood slut, cause that act just came off hypocritical and stupid. Cause she wasn't deep at all lol.. she really was a dumb ho as much as she liked to pretend she wasn't lmao. Talk about annoying and getting old really fast. Then again she plays that role for a good part of this show.

But I actually really start to like her at the end of S1 though! LMAO. Like 1.16 to be exact. She was like awesome then.

This was one of her more tolerable seasons though.. (:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:23:38 PM by hilarie.love »
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 03:29:44 PM »
I loved Brooke in season one. I love Brooke in all seasons.
Credit: LJ

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 04:11:15 PM »
Brooke in season one was great, we saw her change a lot from the beginning to the end. She started a relationship with ONE boy, a boyfriend, rather then the randomenss, and on her first one, she got her heart broken by none other than her best friend...

Then she tries to go out and forget about it, misses on a date, takes Mouth and when at the club, realizes how slutty shes been and wants to change that...

I loved Brookes transitions from season 1 to season 2, Brooke was so fun in season one, but she also had some darkness and sadness, and we saw new sides of her as the season came to an end...

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
I love season 1 Brooke -- I wish she stayed sassy a little longer. i think she was hilarious :) She was way different from Peyton and Haley and I'm sure a lot of people could relate to her.

The fun loving, not sad, B. Davis was great. I wanted her to find a guy, but I liked her single more than with Lucas (or any other guy). I wish we got more of that girl.

Offline Letthegoodtimesroll

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • B-Rok<3
    • http://twitter.com/KWilly714
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »
Season 1 Brooke was the best Brooke. Well not near the end. But when she was just a wild party girl. She played it well and it was really the best thing to happen to the show. Everyone was so damn boring but her.

Nate&Serena<3

Offline Bec09

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 04:49:03 PM »
Compared to the later seasons, Brooke's honestly way more interesting in season 1.

But I think alot of the shallow, vapid cheerleader stuff was kind of an image she put off on purpose to not let her own insecurities and short-comings show.
"To imagine- to dream of things that have not happened is one of man's deepest needs." -Milan Kundera

Offline h o l o k e

• Posting 24/7
  • B+L. [icon-Mia]
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »
Season 1 Brooke was SO good.
let the rain wash away, all the pain of yesterday.