Author Topic: Whose To Blame Nathan or Haley  (Read 15766 times)

Offline MikeyP

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Bryanna<3
Re: Whose To Blame Nathan or Haley
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2012, 11:25:55 PM »
haley for being a whore

Offline BoogeyMan09

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2012, 03:21:42 AM »
Beautifully said, Jessica (as always).

Sure, I'm absolutely positive that Joy being on tour IRL didn't help matters but (there's always one)... Haley's POV wasn't really being shown when she was there until episode 12 either. All we saw was her ditching Nathan to record with Chris and even with her there full time her motives and feelings were very little presented and developed. So while I blame it on Joy's absense, I also blame it on the writers.

True true.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »
I have to say I'm thinking Haley just played this whole thing wrong. She hid all this Chris stuff & it was obvious that she was interested in him. However, I think that she really wanted to go for music not Chris. If only she told Nathan from the beginning. When she was talking to Nathan about her "shot" at music the way she was talking and with all this Chris nonsense I can see where Nathan thought that she was going for another guy. It breaks my heart every time Nathan says, "then why didn't you ask me to go with you?"

Throughout the whole music thing I felt like she was never putting Nathan first. I would feel insecure if I were him too. She was never open about the music part, it was always the Chris part. Oh, and I love Nathan. ;)

Offline justafan

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2012, 04:15:52 AM »
I really lost a lot of respect for Haley in Season 2.  She rushed into marriage and gave up when it got really tough and Nathan needed her there.  She wanted to follow her dreams, yeah okay, but with a guy who's obviously attracted to her and is a jerk at the same time.  It just takes a new low of how Haley treated Nathan and everyone around her that season.

The one thing that really bugged me about her that season was when Lucas went to visit her in New York to give her some essays or exams or something.  And she stayed up all night and then told Lucas she wasn't going to be coming home that touring was her life now.  That scene just set me off.  Not only had she given up on her marriage and was having a blast with the DEVIL (aka Keller), she was giving up on Lucas.  She was giving up on a home that built her and that believed in her for...what? The easy life of not dealing with hard stuff and being around people who adore you and five minutes later move on to the next person they like?

Haley was just....ungrateful

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
I agree with you to an extent! ^^

The first time I watched it when it actually aired, I was just mad that she went on tour in the first place & was under the impression that she chose Chris over Nathan and that made me angry. I realized the second time recently when re-watching that she just wanted to try to fullfill her dreams.

HOWEVER, when he drove to see her on tour (one of the saddest episdoes ever with the flashbacks) when she was saying all that stuff like "we rushed into things"...etc to him I was SO mad at her! I thought she was the devil. That's whenI really felt for Nathan and actually when he went to Taylor's bar, I wanted him to hook upwith her because if I were him I would have just assumed at that point that the marriage was over. I was so over Haley then. Nathan had gone through all that grief and she wasn't even worried about him. So I can see what you're saying.

Offline justafan

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2012, 02:37:03 AM »
I have to say I'm thinking Haley just played this whole thing wrong. She hid all this Chris stuff & it was obvious that she was interested in him. However, I think that she really wanted to go for music not Chris. If only she told Nathan from the beginning. When she was talking to Nathan about her "shot" at music the way she was talking and with all this Chris nonsense I can see where Nathan thought that she was going for another guy. It breaks my heart every time Nathan says, "then why didn't you ask me to go with you?"

Throughout the whole music thing I felt like she was never putting Nathan first. I would feel insecure if I were him too. She was never open about the music part, it was always the Chris part. Oh, and I love Nathan. ;)

I agree.  It didn't seem like Haley thought Nathan understood what she was going through when recording with Chris.  She was following her dream and leaving Nathan behind and somehow to Haley that was okay.  She didn't realize that Nathan had dreams too and didn't have to leave half of the details a secret just to make everything work.

Haley was confused...I think she more admired Chris for taking a chance and really doing something with his music...something she had always wanted to do.  And of course Chris was attracted to her and used her vulnerability against her.  So it was a losing situation for both, but Haley vowed to put her marriage first and she didn't.

HOWEVER, when he drove to see her on tour (one of the saddest episdoes ever with the flashbacks) when she was saying all that stuff like "we rushed into things"...etc to him I was SO mad at her! I thought she was the devil. That's whenI really felt for Nathan and actually when he went to Taylor's bar, I wanted him to hook upwith her because if I were him I would have just assumed at that point that the marriage was over. I was so over Haley then. Nathan had gone through all that grief and she wasn't even worried about him. So I can see what you're saying.

tragic episode, it was so hard watching Nathan go down that path of giving up on his marriage and just hating life.

That episode just put a new light for Haley.  Her 'we rushed into things' statement just made me so mad.  She could have said no to the the tour or even recording a song with Chris.  She didn't have to say yes, and she made it like she didn't have a choice.  And it was like watching someone that is so smart go back and betray everyone that she loves and loves her back.  Nothing about Haley that season is admirable imo

Offline Simba 711

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »
Both were to blame. We have to remember they were teens, so they're not going to handle something like the way a mature adult married couple would or should handle it.

Offline kaitlyn.23

• I have frequent Skarsgåsms.
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2012, 08:21:10 PM »
I was really angry towards Haley in that season, because like it was said earlier, I think she handled the situation wrong by leaving out all the encounters with Chris, and recording behind Nathan's back.

But, then you have to remember they married at sixteen, before they could really accomplish many of their goals and dreams. Nathan was pursuing a part of his dream in Tree Hill (well, considerably since basketball was his passion). I think they're both to blame, in a sense, for rushing into things. Nathan didn't trust Haley, but considering she lied and snuck behind his back, why should he? I would be skeptical too. But with that being said, Haley was also pursuing her dream. I don't think Nathan's ultimatum was fair at all, but he was hurt and upset.

I can hardly watch season two without feeling immense anger to be honest, Haley just angers me so much. I completely understand following her dream, but ugh...

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2012, 07:41:49 AM »
I think they were both at fault to be honest. Nathan could have been more understanding ( I mean...he had his dreams aswell - just closer to home ) towards Haley, but Haley shouldn't have left the way she did, without a proper goodbye. And even when she was on the road she could have called Nathan, she could have weared her ring, etc, etc. A long distant relationship for a few months sucks! But it's not impossible. They could have made it work if they both acted differently..

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
When Nathan gave her the ultimatum, I think that made a goodbye impossible. I think if Haley had gone to him, he would have begged and pleaded for her to stay. Nathan wanted Haley to have her dreams but  at that time he was extremely insecure and I don't think he would have ever accepted her leaving on a tour with Chris because he didn't trust Chris and was not secure in their relationship. I think Nathan would have told her how much he loved her and how much he needed and how he couldn't live without and because Haley loved him so much, she would have stayed and would have resented him for  it. She needed to be selfish (like Nathan was being) because that was once in a lifetime opportunity and her husband already made it clear that she could not have both.

I also want to point out that I don't believe Nathan giving up high flyers was a selfless decision. Nathan was totally and completely in love with Haley and didn't trust that they were strong enough for a long distance relationship even for a short amount of time. He knew he couldn't handle that distance between them and that is why he gave that opportunity. And I'll never see that camp as on the same level as a tour. If that camp was his only opportunity to get into the NBA then there would be a better comparison. S5 showed us how Nathan truly would handle not getting his dream.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2013, 06:28:12 PM »
Not sure if it's okay to use this old thread but I've been watching season 2 recently and I have to say that I blame Haley. She was the one that wasn't honest with Nathan from the beginning. Like lying to him about recording the song with Chris. not telling him that Chris kissed her and that he was obviously interested in her romantically, keeping her correspondence with Chris a secret... Sure, Nathan felt threatened, but from his point of view it was understandable. Haley had already given him a reason to doubt her when it came to her working with Chris.

I didn't get the impression that Haley ever took interest in Chris other than his music, but I was puzzled with her sudden lack of belief in her marriage. Why didn't she want Nathan to go with her, even when he came to see her? And when she told Lucas that she wasn't coming back... It almost seemed like she wanted to do the music stuff on her own, without Nathan. And that would have been okay if she wasn't married, but she was. I get that people want to pursue their dreams, but she should have thought of that before she got married. Comparing this situation with Nathan's scholarship offer from Duke, Nathan's ultimate decision to acknowledge that choosing what to do was not only for him to decide was how Haley should have acted.

While I don't think that giving up High Flyers was equal to giving up the tour, I do think that scholarship offer was equal to the tour. In either case it wasn't the only option to achieving their dreams, but it was a big step in the right direction.