Author Topic: Whose To Blame Nathan or Haley  (Read 15728 times)

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
Re: Whose To Blame Nathan or Haley
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 10:36:45 AM »
I think Haley redeemed herself in season 3 though I did find her slightly annoying in the beginning of 3.
Credit: LJ

Offline maryllin_18

• I should own stock in this place!
  • Credt to Ashley
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 11:29:23 AM »
I think Haley redeemed herself in season 3
I agree with that.

Noah and The Whale L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 04:01:49 PM »
Well to me, the whole thing that went down, I think it was both their faults. In the beginning of the mess anyway. But when nathan went to visit her and she was saying things like they rushed and everything, I got really mad at her. Hes your husband, drove across the US to come see you and tell you IN PERSON he loves you and just wants to be with you, on tour or after the tour, and she just says she thinks they rushed into it and blah blah blah.... I was PISSED....

But she DID redeem herself in season 3 for sure, I remember getting so upset wondering when Nathan was going to forgive her, it was so frustrating because you kinda played both sides, wanted Haley and him to be together but knew where nathan was coming from....

Nathans ultimatum to her, her lying to him about Chris (that also really made me mad, and I hated her lying and didn't see why she was lying to him, but they both had plays in the whole thing, thats why I say in the beginning of everything, both are to blame)

And the whole weird twist in the WHOLE thing..... nathan is the one who wanted Haley and get her to persue her career in music and right when Chris could help her, he got all jealousfied...

othislife13

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
But when nathan went to visit her and she was saying things like they rushed and everything, I got really mad at her. Hes your husband, drove across the US to come see you and tell you IN PERSON he loves you and just wants to be with you, on tour or after the tour, and she just says she thinks they rushed into it and blah blah blah.... I was PISSED....

^^ haha Pissed .. try livid well for me anyways i was like WTH he just drove a thousand miles to see you and you just walked away .. rattled

my heart broke for Nathan though when he was like all i want you to be is my wife .. is that to much to ask :(

uhh how i disliked .. well no hated season 2

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 04:24:04 PM »
That season two episode when Nathan went to see her and Haley practically brushed him off pissed me off. I actually hated Haley in the scene which I hated because I love Haley and always have. She did redeem herself after but I would have liked to have seen more of her POV because some of the stuff she said and did contradicted each other.

othislife13

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »
She did redeem herself after but I would have liked to have seen more of her POV because some of the stuff she said and did contradicted each other.

^^ yeah i know we really only got nathans POV .. he was obv hurt so he mved back in with his parents tried to get an anullment which pissed me off so much i was like buddy your hurt just talk it through with her again please.. like i wanted to see like how haley was feeling like anything idn yeah for sure we needed haley POV..

let me just say that the last 4 seconds of the eppy when he opened the door i dont think i have screamed so much out of nowhere in my life .. like it was like omg dannny is passed out in the fire ..then nathan opens the door

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU :D

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 05:15:56 PM »
Immediately I blamed Haley, I never watch those episodes again because it's so sad. I cry everytime Nathan throws the keyboard at the "Nathan/Haley Wall". So sad.

I think Haley was a bit out of sorts. They JUST got married, and yes she should have his thoughts in her mind. She got on this whole kick about taking her own life in her own hands now because she's always been "cautious Haley" but right after getting married wasn't the time.

I would have blamed Haley less for following her dreams, but everytime I watch it again I feel bad for Nathan because he asks her, "Why didn't you ask me to come with you" -- good point Nathan.

The kiss doesn't bother me, or any of the following her dreams stuff, but he would have easily done anything for her. She should have asked him.

othislife13

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »
Immediately I blamed Haley, I never watch those episodes again because it's so sad. I cry everytime Nathan throws the keyboard at the "Nathan/Haley Wall". So sad.

same here i have only seen season 2 like 4 times i think its my least watched but everytime i watch that episode even though i know the outcome i cry .. like teary eyed when he says if you wanna go go but if you leave were done.. full out cry when he is walking alone goes by their tabe for 1.03 and it gives that flashback then he runs home and shes gone .. then he breaks the wall .. yupp at that moment my heart smashes into 317535 million pieces

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 06:03:58 PM »
I am an angst lover so season 2 is my favorite season of the show. I loved Nathan so much. James nailed all his scenes.

othislife13

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 06:22:55 PM »
^^ yeah he definelty nailed his scenes I loveeeee Nathan when he was the bad boy and threatned Chris he was so hot I think I hated the season for Haley which is not normal because she is my favourite girl but yeah Nathan was lovee especially when he threatned Chris and was like don't cry rockstar it will ruin your make up <3

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 11:07:33 PM »
Whose to blame for the separation?  Haley.

I loved that she went after her dreams, but she also did so in an immature way.  In a marriage no matter how immature Nathan was being as well, someone has to try and be the adult and put the marriage first instead of just running away.

However Nathan's ultimatum was really immature too.  He really didn't need to freak out like that over the Chris thing period.  Yes he had just found out they'd kissed, but from the beggining he needed to take a chill pill.  Things could of turned out much better if he trusted Haley. 

It was kind of appropriate for both of them to be acting immature, because they got married so young and were just realizing the adult aspects of it I guess?  They both contribued, but Haley was responsible for the separation in my opinion.  They were both stupid, but when Nathan came to Haley's tour and says he'll do whatever to save the marriage, Haley didn't feel the same but more like it was possibly a mistake.  Then she came to her senses eventually and came back to town for Nathan, but I can't blame him for not letting her back in right away.  She left him on tour once, then left him out to dry again when he went to see her.  Things could have been different if she still thought their marriage was a priority like he did.

Offline realitybites

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »
Okay so I'm actually glad someone has started this topic because this is something that has always bothered me about Naley during season 2.

I see it as being both their faults, but I mostly blame the writing of the show because it seems like they almost intentially(sp?) made out so that majority of the audience would hate her and it worked. Haley aside from the Chris thing during 2.17 had some reasonable points about them being to young and having rushed through it I mean they were 16, so I think its only human for her to have second thoughts but the thing is up until that point all we saw was a depressed Nathan over Haley...so ppl couldn't really think about what she was saying and how it made some sense cuz they were already pissed at her and hated her.

Another thing with the writing that annoyed me with Haley is that the times Joy was able to come back and film, why couldn't have they written her in a way where viewers would understand where her head was at during the time she was away so viewers could get where shes coming from and not be all "shes a bitch etc..." you know, because really Nathan was portrayed as the innocent one during the whole debacle even though he clearly made some mistakes too.

And then with Peyton being pissed...you know what that annoyed me too with the things she said to Haley about her never calling etc... wasn't even true cuz she did call her husband, so its like uhmm get your facts straight...I know they only made Peyton pissed at her because they couldn't have everyone still being Haleys friend when she came back but still...

I guess i was just bothered by all the major backlash Haley got when it seemed other characters had forgotten the mistakes they had made in the past and yet I feel as though at least up until that point Haleys character seemed to get the most "hate" so to speak

othislife13

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
Okay so I'm actually glad someone has started this topic because this is something that has always bothered me about Naley during season 2.

hah your welcome .. season 2 rattled me so i thought i would get more opinions on this specfic SL

Another thing with the writing that annoyed me with Haley is that the times Joy was able to come back and film, why couldn't have they written her in a way where viewers would understand where her head was at during the time she was away so viewers could get where shes coming from and not be all "shes a bitch etc..." you know, because really Nathan was portrayed as the innocent one during the whole debacle even though he clearly made some mistakes too.

ICA: we never saw her point of view which personally made me dislike her which sucked becasue she is my favourite

Offline rosie2333

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 08:00:38 PM »
i prefer Nathan as a character but i definitely see him as more at fault. whether he knew it or not when he first proposed to Haley it was all about the panic of being abandoned and he'd never really been alone, Haley was the first person to look after him properly and the first person who believed him and didn't pressure him, he clung to her. honestly, as cute as they were i can't imagine them actually working out if they hadn't got married in the first place, they both had big dreams and once they left town a long distance relationship would have worn them down. Nathan wasn't ready for something so serious- the only kind of relationship he'd had before was with Peyton, his parents example of a marriage was awful and of course he tried and so did Haley but neither of them were ready.

their relationship lacked trust on both sides however. Haley wasn't willing to tell Nathan about Chris because she knew he was insecure. Nathan didn't tell Haley about Taylor, instead he spent weeks letting her live with them, flirting with her, before even admitting it to his wife- uncool.

and Nathan was all talk about encouraging Haley with her music because as soon as she started getting somewhere with it, he resented her for it. when she started connecting with Chris through their music he felt threatened and blew the situation completely out of proportion, which i think was just because it reminded him of losing Peyton to Lucas but IDK, that's just me. and honestly, throwing his admission to High Flyers back in Haley's face was just so childish and she had NO idea he'd even turned them down- all she'd done was encourage him and try to find ways to help them manage over the summer- to use that to guilt trip Haley was just ridiculous.

i'm also not saying any of this to be mean about NH, i just saw this thread and thought it was an interesting one!
Caleb Rivers

Offline GA

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »
which i think was just because it reminded him of losing Peyton to Lucas but IDK, that's just me. and honestly,

I don't think it had anything to do with the "loss" of Peyton if that's even what it would be called, seeing as how he obviously didn't have much invested in that relationship other than a warm body to screw and use to bait Lucas.

I think he clung to Haley she was basically the centre of his world. She was the first and basically only person that was there for him, loved him unconditionally, and was able to break down the walls that he set up. He came from a broken home and the home that he had established with Haley was crumbing.

Both were at fault but I tend to side more with Nathan. Some of Haley's actions weren't explainable at all.