Author Topic: Whose To Blame Nathan or Haley  (Read 15593 times)

othislife13

Whose To Blame Nathan or Haley
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »
i dont know if this has already been posted because im new here but anyways .. what a question whose to blame for the seperation Nathan or Haley

im about to start a ruckus :)

okay so personally i blame Nathan and i will probably be verbally destroyed but whatever heres why .. just wanna first say i love him but yeah

okay so the girl has a dream to see if she can make which is understandable but Nathan can not trust her .. well if you cant trust her why marry her im just saying i love naley to death but really

he cant trust her so he gives her a choice see if you can achieve this dream on your own or ME.. im sorry at 16 you go for your dreams i get it she was married so maybe she should have stayed but if Nathan had the oppurtunity to lets say make an earl entry into the NBA or somethin basketball related he would have lefted .. well the old NAthan would have

i think he was mad because he turned down high flyers and stayed for her but she wouldnt turn down a rocktour and possibly a RECORD CONTRACT for him i dont know if i was haley i would have left it would have been painful

she left for 12 weeks i think npot like four yewars so i just dont get it and i think the whole anullment thing came out of NO WHERE like people go through rough times just wait it out its not like she loved chris so idn thats my personal opinion

DEBATE AWAY :)

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
Re: Whose To Blame Nathan or Haley
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
I don't think either one can fully be blamed for everything. Clearly they both made mistakes, so it's not like either of them was a victim or innocent in what happened in S2.

Offline leahlovesnaley

• *NH*
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:16:51 PM »
Yeah I don't think you can completely blame one or the other.  I think there were definitely two sides to the story.  Mostly, the separation occurred because neither were really mature enough to handle the relationship that they were in, so they made mistakes.  They grew from the separation and so were able to become a stronger couple. 

sweetmia151

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
At the time I would have said Haley cause I was so heartbroken for Nathan. He gave up so much to be with her and she left.

But, looking back they were both at fault.
Haley just took his words literally and didn't even wait to talk it over before she left on tour and she hardly stayed in contact during.
& Nathan shouldn't have given her an ultimatum for following her dreams.

othislife13

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »
At the time I would have said Haley cause I was so heartbroken for Nathan. He gave up so much to be with her and she left.

Haley just took his words literally and didn't even wait to talk it over before she left on tour and she hardly stayed in contact during.

OH I bawled for my bot Nathan ahha but idn he drove me crazy it was like he could achieve his dreams but she couldnt idn it wasnt fair but yeah Haley definetly was perfect in the situtaion either

Offline ashleytisdale10121

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 07:32:17 PM »
I think its both.
Nathan pretty much gave up his dream for her because he loved her and married her, and he expected her to do the same. She has a right to her dream and deserves it,...but I still never got why she never asked Nathan to go with her on tour. That just doesnt make sense.
So Nathan shouldnt have gave her an ultimatum and said your dreams on me just because he chose her over high flyers or whatever, but Haley should have offered for him to go on tour, too, and should have thought things like this out before really getting married.

I dont know. I see many sides to the situation.

caralouise

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:53:21 AM »
Yea, I definitely agree both.
Haley shouldn't have left Nathan but Nathan shouldn't have left her the ultimatum - which probably drove her to leaving. They were both just too stubborn.

stealmypainaway

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »

I completely agree. They were both too stubborn.

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »
They are both to blame and thank god that later on in season 3 they both took responsibilty for it.
Credit: LJ

Offline maryllin_18

• Credt to Ashley
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 10:11:23 AM »
In a way they're both to blame. But I blame HALEY... I can't write a lot know but I will explain why as soon as I can.

Noah and The Whale L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
In a way they're both to blame. But I blame HALEY... I can't write a lot know but I will explain why as soon as I can.

I agree. Though they are both to blame, I really want to say that they are equal but I can't because I do blame Haley slightly more.

I couldn't understand some of her actions in season two because some tended to contradict each other.

Offline that-was-bruliant

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ - BJU.PJ.TL.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 11:51:50 AM »
i blame haley.
love is also about sacrifice and nathan sacrificed high flyers for haley because they were married and he loved her and put her first. but haley couldn't even sacrifice the tour for him or at least ask him to come too? it seems like a selfish decision on haleys part.

♥-JohnKrasinski

Offline maryllin_18

• Credt to Ashley
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »
i blame haley.
love is also about sacrifice and nathan sacrificed high flyers for haley because they were married and he loved her and put her first. but haley couldn't even sacrifice the tour for him or at least ask him to come too? it seems like a selfish decision on haleys part.
I agree with that. Maybe not as fiercely.

I get that music was Haley's dream and I know that Nathan would support it all the way. He proved it when he gave up High Fliers to give her the opportunity to pursue music. He was the one that convinced her to pursue her dream of music and she didn't even remember of asking him to go with her?
And in a way, I do think that the biggest issue was with Chris and not with the music. She kissed him, I've gotten over that now but it was just.. such a poor decision of Haley. I really don't understand why she did it. Nathan was vulnerable and insecure and honestly he had reasons to be.
And to me, worse than her leaving at the end of 2.13 is her leaving without saying goodbye (to anyone), specially Nathan of course. Yeah, he made a mistake giving her that ultimatum but she should have been smart enough to realize that we wasn't himself when he said it. She should have believed in their love, like Nathan did when he went to see her on 2.17. He's hurt, he goes to see her and she says that she thinks they did it too fast, that she wasn't ready. That's not fair, not fair for Nathan, the guy would go with her everywhere, he would forget about her leaving him, and still she said no.
And that's why totally understand Nathan in the beginning of season 3. In a way and even though I wanted NH together quickly, I went kind of had the same process about forgiving Haley.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:12:03 AM by maryllin_18 »

Noah and The Whale L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.

Offline SofiaM

• Princess Sofia
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • D.E.L.E.N.A <3
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 05:54:21 PM »
I agree. 2x17 made me resent Haley a little because her saying that they rushed into things was like a kick in the face to Nathan and you could clearly see the hurt in his face.

haleymyself

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 06:42:34 PM »
Well, Haley really let me down in S2.

Don't get me wrong, because I think they're both to blame. But in a certain way, Haley was the one who started everything. I do agree the biggest issue was Chris and not music and what the show made us believe was that Chris kissed Haley, not the contrary. For some it might be the same, but for me, that makes a difference. I do believe she never developed feelings for Chris, she was just envious of what he had and his 'relationship' with music, because he had what she'd always dreamed off.

Basically, she was wrong for lying to Nathan about the kiss and he was wrong for making her the ultimatum. I do understand where they were both coming from so I can't put the blame just in one but the two of them.

And I love Nathan, don't get me wrong, he's my 2nd favourite, but I just think people paint him more innocent in S2 than he actually was. Just like I think Haley's seen as this devil bitch and that's not exactly true, either. They were both young, they both made mistakes, they were BOTH to blame. Not just Nathan. Not just Haley. Both.