Author Topic: Lee Norris Encounters  (Read 17774 times)

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Lee Norris Encounters
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:54:30 PM »

This is the thread where everyone can share their personal experiences with Lee Norris!

First Encounter

I had the opportunity to go to Wilmington in April 2008 with the Weekend in Wilmington trip (my friend was the Canadian winner and I was her guest).  We went to the James Lafferty Charity Game and I was so excited because I had yet to meet or even see Lee and it was confirmed that he was indeed, going to be at the game that afternoon!  The game finally started and James began introducing his co-stars and Lee ran onto the floor, I will fully admit that I screamed ... just a little :)  The game finished and we got in line for the meet and greet.  Lee was about 5th in the line up of actors and actresses.  I found myself suddenly standing in front of him, nervous as nervous can be.  He looked at me and smiled.  I stood there, stunned, yet managed to say:

me- "hi..."
Lee- "hey, what's your name?"
me- "Amanda..."
Lee- "nice to meet you Amanda ... where are you from?"
me- "Canada..."
Lee- "ohh I love Canada!"
me- "ohhh I love you ..."
(Lee laughs and smiles)
(I smile back, completely embarrassed, and make my way down the line..)

Later that night, we went to the wrap party at Tric.  We were the first ones to arrive and suddenly, one by one, the actors came in.  Lee was one of the first people to walk through the door.  He began mingling right away and sat at a table talking with a few people.  The table was located right near where me and a few of the other girls were sitting.  They kept saying to me, "Amanda, he's right there .. just go over to him ... " but, I kept insisting, "no, he's enjoying himself ... I don't want to bother him ..."  The night went on and I ended up meeting all of the other cast members, and then as I was walking back towards the bar after meeting the Joe, Lee was coming towards me.  I thought to myself, "I need to stop him .. this might be my only chance.." I grabbed control of all the courage that I had inside of me and I walked towards him and said, "I'm so sorry to bother you Lee but, could I have a picture with you?" He was so sweet, as usual, and he nodded and replied, "of course!" Before my friend even had the camera ready to snap, he had his arms around me, holding me.  It was very nice.  We took the photo and Lee chatted for about 10 minutes with me and the other girls that were standing there.  We talked about how he had just bumped into the mother I believe of guy who played "Jimmy Edwards."  It was random but, very cool! lol He then said goodbye and that ended my first encounter with Lee.

Second Encounter

I went to Wilmington in November but, before I left, I reached out to Lee, asking if it would be at all possible to meet up while I was there for the week.  He was so sweet and told me that he couldn't guarantee anything because unfortunately he didn't know what his schedule would be like during the time that we were there.  He assured me that he would try and meet up even if he wasn't filming but, it was not guaranteed.  I was just so thankful that he even bothered to respond to me because he definitely didn't have to.  Anyways, we got to Wilmington on a Sunday night and we went to filming, went sightseeing Monday, Tuesday, and then Wednesday afternoon, we were driving past the studio to get something to eat and then suddenly my blackberry started flashing at me ... I had turned my text messages off while I was in the US but, I was still able to receive notifications and emails.  I looked at my phone and noticed a new message.  I clicked on it, and it was from Lee.  He asked for us to meet up with him on Thursday night because he wasn't filming on location the entire week and he was supposed to film late that night but, it ended up being rescheduled. (I would just like to say, what are the odds that I go to Wilmington again when Lee was only in a 1 second scene in the entire episode.... lol) We were at filming all day on Thursday at the Hilton and then we left to go and meet up with Lee.  We were sitting outside waiting and then suddenly, I see him pull in.  He came over right away and gave me a hug.  We hung out with him for about 20 minutes at least! He was so sweet and hilarious.  It was definitely the greatest experience ever.  For someone that I truly admire and respect to reach out like that and take the time, when he's not even filming, to meet up ... that's just remarkable. Thank you a million times over Lee!

Third Encounter

We went for the Season 7 finale week and it was such a blast! We found all of the filming locations for Wednesday and we waited outside all morning and I was able to see Lee a couple times, going in and out of his trailer and he waved at me but, did not come over.  We then moved to the downtown location and waited another 6 hours while they filmed inside.  It was freezing cold, and my bum was beginning to freeze as I sat on the ground.  I was then notified by a friend that Lee had just wrapped his scenes and was coming out.  I got a little nervous, there was a few butterflies in my stomach but, I remained cool. I saw Lee drive into the parking lot and then go straight into his trailer.  All my friends were like "Amanda, go over near the trailers so you can be first to meet him.." I nodded and began walking over but, then this group of girls who had just gotten there about 30 minutes prior, hopped out of their van and ran infront of me, so they were the first to meet Lee.  I didn't really have a problem with this because we would all get our turn and Lee knew I was there so it wasn't a big deal.  But, I was just jealous that they were nice and warm from sitting in their van while the rest of us had been staying outside in the freezing cold for more than 12 hours.... just sayin' :)  Anyways, he came over, met the fans before me and then turned to my friend Melanie and commented on her photo that she was getting signed.  He then looked up and saw me, "Heyyyyy!" he said and smiled.  He then took a photo with Mel and he turned to me, hugged me and I handed him our photo from November and showed him how badly it turned out.  He reassured me that "we'll get a better one this time!" We then took our photo, and he said "it was nice to see you again" and had to move on because there was a lot of fans there! Lee was so sweet to everyone.  He didn't just move down the line and sign and take a photo.  He actually talked with everyone there and was very easy-going and approachable.  Lee is always so kind and generous with his time and I know that I appreciate it so much.  I don't just love his character on the show but, I think he is just an outstanding person and I am so happy that I have had the pleasure of meeting him on so many different occasions.  He's definitely one of a kind.

I know that a lot of you have met him so please feel free to share your stories here! Post pictures or videos, anything you want! Have fun! I'm sure Lee will enjoy reading the posts!

Gotta love him <3
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 01:30:07 AM by lee_loverxox »

One Tree Hill will always be in my heart <3

Offline othalwaysandforever

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Icon-Me Sig- Angnes
Re: Lee Norris Encounters
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:29:17 PM »
I have had the pleasure of meeting lee three times they have all been at charity things in wilmy 2 of those were at charity games and the other time was at the charity thing for the police back in sep.All of those times he has been so nice and sweet I always love seeing him.at the charity thing at the mall he asked everyone what there names were which in my book is pretty sweet.I will post pics later.

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:42:04 PM »
I have had the pleasure of meeting lee three times they have all been at charity things in wilmy 2 of those were at charity games and the other time was at the charity thing for the police back in sep.All of those times he has been so nice and sweet I always love seeing him.at the charity thing at the mall he asked everyone what there names were which in my book is pretty sweet.I will post pics later.

yeah, he tends to always do that .. he's very nice with the fans :) he tries to take his time to meet each and everyone which is always nice.  When he came out during the finale in march he asked everyone their names and where they were from which was sweet
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:24:19 PM by lee_loverxox »

Offline Cheerytutorgrl

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: Me. Sig: LJ
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 10:30:39 PM »
ok first time i met lee.

it was the 5th charity game and it was my first time with any of the cast and i nervous. well we were sitting behinfd the score keeping table thing. and lee was supposed to be keeping track of the game. well he was talking and missed something. so he goes "oh no what happened?" and my friend next to me was paying attention and she says the score then looks down at her camera. and lee turns out and says thanks and looks at me and i went instant deer in the headlights lol

GTFO ♥
I will be strong.
 I will be faithful.

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:00:37 AM »
hahaha Tonya, that's a great experience!! I was at that charity game! I hate how we have been there at the same time TWICE and never met! geeze! what is wrong with us! LOL

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Icon-Me Sig- Angnes
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »
Was that at the last one they had

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 01:42:03 PM »
Was that at the last one they had

was what the last one? the charity game? yes ... that was the last one.

Offline Marieke

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:55 PM »
My encounter with Lee was the best night of my life. To take time out of his day to come see us and talk with us is something not a lot of celebrities do. You could see he really wanted to see us when he heard me and Amanda (lee_lover) were in town. Lee cares so much about his fans and everybody who meets him can see that. He's the most caring, most honest, most wonderful person I've ever met.

And he does give the best hugs!!! Lee fans are the luckiest, hands down! <3

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
Lee fans are the luckiest, hands down! <3

TRUE

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:45:34 PM »
he even makes you feel special when you're not there

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Icon-Me Sig- Angnes
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »
I don't know if he gives the best hugs he's really close with Austin LOL

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 05:31:35 PM »
I don't know if he gives the best hugs he's really close with Austin LOL

lol I haven't experienced an "Austin hug" per say .. lol but, he did touch my back and it was rather exciting! hahaha Austin is so great! Hands down, he's my favourite after Lee.

This makes me laugh!

Before meeting him last month, he knew I was there and I was informed that he was finally coming over after he wrapped filming. He was meeting with other fans and then moved onto my friend Melanie.  He suddenly looked up and saw me... this is what resulted! :) the reaction was pretty much the same on my part lol

-gotta love Mel and her three hoods in this photo! hahah oh gosh
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:42:35 PM by lee_loverxox »

Offline Marieke

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 10:14:05 PM »
^ Haha <3

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Icon-Me Sig- Angnes
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 08:18:57 AM »
was it really that cold

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 12:22:21 PM »
was it really that cold

yes! I couldn't believe how cold it was! I would have died without my winter coat, Snuggie and UGGS! LOL seriously! haha There was always just a really cold wind that made it unbearable!