Author Topic: Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?  (Read 11404 times)

Offline heartlikethat

• sig made by mel
Re: Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »
This episode breaks my heart every single time and it's so difficult to watch yet it's one of my favorites. I'd say several people were in difficult positions. I don't know which one would be worse, seeing as I've never been in any of them.

Brooke - Each one of her scenes always makes me cry. Especially the deleted scene, which never should have been cut out since it is absolutely perfect. Anyway, I don't know if I would have been able to go through what she did. All of her close friends are inside the school and she's basically all alone. She doesn't know where her best friend is and if she's even still alive. She was seperated by her boyfriend and all of her other close friends are in the tutor center. It's almost like she's cut off from the world in the moment she needs her friends the most. She isn't allowed to leave the gym because her parents aren't living in Tree Hill so she has to call Karen. It's just really difficult. Also, the Glenda situation is just heart breaking. Brooke really realizes the kind of person she's been through most of high school and it's tough to watch.

Mouth - He has to sit and watch his ex best friend do this. He used to be so close to Jimmy and now he's realized how much everything has changed. I'm sure he was regretting some things that had happened, them growing apart. I can't even imagine being in his position.

Rachel - She is probably feeling incredibly guilty for releasing the time capsule. I'm not saying I feel for her because this whole incident was basically her fault.

Peyton - She was shot accidentally by Jimmy, scared to death and all by herself while the students run around campus in a panic not knowing what to do. She's seperated by her best friend until Lucas saves her. Then she's trapped in a library with the boy she loves more than anything and it's killing her inside. She's hurting both emotionally and physically at this point. She almost dies and she probably would have if Lucas hadn't come to find her.

Karen - Her son is trapped inside the school, after going in by choice, to save Peyton. She must feel so horrible inside, not knowing if Lucas is okay.

Jimmy - This poor kid. In no way am I letting him off the hook for choosing violence as an answer to his problems, but he has so much going on and no one to turn to. His whole life is going to change after he makes the decision to bring the gun to school, even if he didn't mean to shoot Peyton, he's going to go to jail. So he shoots himself and ends his life. So heartbreaking.

Jimmy's mom - I feel so terrible throughout the episode for Jimmy's mother. Her son came into the high school with a gun and creates a level of terror that most of these kids and parents had never known. She then loses her son after he commits suicide.

Keith - He's obviously put in an awful position. By choice he heroically enters the school to find and save Lucas. But this turns into his downfall when he lets Lucas and Peyton exit and he stays inside to try to console Jimmy and help him through his pain. Jimmy shoots himself, Keith has to witness it and there is nothing he can do. Then Dan enters, doesn't say a word to his brother, and shoots him. Ending his life.

Almost everyone in this episode is in an awful position. I could go on all day but my fingers would fall off from all the typing.

"you're my best friend, hales, you always will be."

Offline that-was-bruliant

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ - BJU.PJ.TL.
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »
Definitely Keith & Jimmy.
It makes my stomach turn. Death is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. IMO.

♥-JohnKrasinski

Offline PennySophia

• Credit to whoever made the avatar!
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »
Definitely Keith & Jimmy.
It makes my stomach turn. Death is the worst thing that can happen to anyone. IMO.

I don't agree with death being the worst thing that can happen to someone. In my opinion being paralysed or a vegtable - unable to communicate and being in tremendous pain would be far far worse then being dead. Being alive but with no quality of life is far worse in my opinion

Offline BrulianBrouth4Ever

• credit: agnes
    • FanFiction Profile- xxAshley
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »
Mouth, Jimmy's mom, and Brooke. Their scenes made me tear up in this episode.

Mouth. That guy was his best friend, and he knew nothing about how he was feeling until the day he saw Jimmy pull out that gun. I felt for him strongly at the time. I can sort of relate to his position, but totally differently.

Jimmy's mom. Fearing her son wasn't going to be okay, but then finding out HE was the one with the gun, HE was the one holding them hostage, and that he killed himself all in one day? She must have felt so guilty and just so.. I cannot put it into words.

Brooke, she had her best friend, her boyfriend, and other friends in that school. She probably felt guilty and so confused. She didn't know what was going on or if the people she loved were safe.

I agree with the two posters who said they felt for Dan. He killed his brother, yeah, but since this episode, and even when he shot Keith, I felt bad for him. He had to live with that, knowing he took that gun, aimed at it his brother, and pulled the trigger in that hall way. And his chances of amending with Lucas, Karen, and Nathan were ruined after that. Yeah, he did ruin them himself, but still. I've always felt bad from him since then.

i'll be right b e s i d e you, nobody will break you.
trust in me, trust in me, don't pull away...
brooke/julian

Offline nhscott23

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2010, 12:36:32 AM »
Karen because her whole world was in that building.
Lucas and Keith

Offline JacenSolo11

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »
I'd just like to mention Abby's mother here.  While I don't think she was necessarily the worst off, surely she knew what was going on (TV coverage and the like) and worried about her daughter.  And then Abby, having witnessed a horrific crime and having knowledge that NO ONE ELSE had, changed overnight.  In one day.

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »
Jimmys mother, knowing her son was in there with a gun.
& also Karen because Keith & Lucas were in there.
But then again, Peyton could have died.
& then the people in the tutor center were in there with the gun.
& then Jimmy was the one with the gun.
& everyone Brooke knew was in the school.
so yeah..honestly.. I can't choose.
TOUGH, TOUGH decision!

Rescue Cat

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »
Abby - Jimmy let her go, so while the others at least were together, she had to run away from there. Also, she was really sick, and she watched Dan kill Keith and had to carry that around later.

Jimmy - Well, his life sucked so much that he killed himself, and he had to die, knowing Peyton could die because of him.

Lucas - He had to watch Peyton bleed. He probably didn't know what to do: Leave alone to get help, risking she would give up or be found by the shooter, stay there, risking she would bleed to death, or take her with him, risking that would be too much or that the shooter would show up. Also, he had to leave Keith, Jimmy pointing a gun at him.

Mouth - He feels guilty because he hasn't taken the time for Jimmy lately, and they used to be great friends.

Jimmy's mother - Her son was in there with a gun. Enough said.

Brooke - Because all her friends were in there, only not her. Of course she is worried, and she might even be a little jealous. I know it sounds crazy, but hey, she's the only one who is missing all the fun. Also, her boyfriend is in there with Peyton. And she can't go home because her parents aren't there.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 01:23:22 AM »
The kids in the tutor center. They all actually had to deal with a gun pointed at them and their lives threatened. Naley had to worry abot possible losing the loves of their lives. Its amazing that none of them had any major pychological issues after that. I don't think anything can compare to your life being threatened.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
Hard to say since all main characters in compromising places.

- Jimmy ofcourse...he was the one that brought the others in dangers but the actor played it so well. I realy cared for him.

But personally I wouldn't want to be in Mouth shoes actually. With a close match to Peyton. Mouth was close to Jimmy. Seeing your best friend from the past shooting people you love now is hard. Plus he felt so guilty. Just so sad. While he wanted to protect his friends aswell.

Peyton for the obvious reason she got shot. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes either. I cant stand blood!

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 11:43:55 AM »
I don't know, in a situation like this, if you can really pinpoint whose position was worse.  I think for obvious reasons, the people inside the school (Leyton, Naley, Mouth, etc...) had it the worse because they were right in the middle of it.  They had more of a threat against their lives - ie Peyton shot and dying, the kids in the tutor center with a gun pointed at their heads.  So in that essance, they had it the worse.

However, everyone was affected by this.  In Brooke's words, just because they weren't inside that school doesn't mean they won't always hold that day with them and not be affected.  It would probably be terrifying to know that your friends, people you love dearly, are inside and at risk so they had a difficult position as well.

And then you think of Jimmy - he was in a horrible position but he did cause it.  Not at all discounting his reasonings and him being bullied or anything like that, but he chose to bring the gun to school.  He chose to shoot.  He chose to keep those kids hostage.  That's on him.  I sympathize GREATLY with him and understood him while he talked in the tutor center but honestly, I can't say he had the worse position when I think of the fact that he chose this.  All the others didn't.

Offline Fauve

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »
I'm watching this episode right now. Some really good points have been made and no one in this episode is in an enviable position. I have to say that it is Jimmy's Mum and Karen that I feel for the most for reasons already discussed. I agree about Brooke as well and I think it's a shame that her deleted scene was left out because it really resonates with me. This is one of the very best episodes of OTH and to be honest, of any TV show ever. It's so incredibly emotional and complex and the actors and the show itself really come into their own. It's so sad but so brilliant all at once.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:15:34 PM by Fauve »

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 01:05:02 AM »
I'd say Peyton considering she got shot in the damn leg and almost bled out on the library floor. Her dad even mentioned it to Lucas after the shooting that if he hadn't gotten her out when he did, she would have died.

Keith did die, but if we're talking only about the people in the school during the time Jimmy had the gun, I'm going with Peyton on this one.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2015, 09:06:05 PM »
I agree with many of the comments mainly because almost everyone had something that was going on emotionally and for each person it was very painful how they were feeling from Brooke knowing her best friend and boyfriend were in there to the class stuck in the student center to the Karen. One thing that I think about every time I watch the episode is what came after who was the worst off.

Marcus and Abby were so messed up by the experience and I know many hate him, but Dan shooting his brother and realizing afterwards that it wasn't Keith was just crushing in a way and of course Lucas because of losing Keith, but it seemed like a little time healed our main characters where Abby and Marcus seemed still so messed up later on and couldn't get away from that day and I can see why because that has got to be one of the worst experiences of their life.

"I'll Miss The Girl Behind The Red Door"   Lucas Scott

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2015, 03:12:33 PM »
I'm doing a series rewatch and just recently watched this episode. Everyone has made great points about how awful that day must have been for the various characters and I agree. I have to say though, that Jimmy's pain gets to me every time I see this episode. Every. Single. Time. As soon as "God Bless the Child" starts playing, the tears start. I think the actor's performance in this episode is incredibly heartbreaking.

I have never seen the deleted scene others have mentioned. Does anyone know where to find it?