Author Topic: Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?  (Read 11480 times)

hendrika83

Re: Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 11:56:08 PM »
wow i honestly don't know. at first my thought was, "everyone in the tutor center" because i can only imagine how scary having a gun pointed at your head is...
but then i thought about brooke and like..i just don't even KNOW what the heck i would do if every single person i loved was in that situation and there was absolutly nothing i could do....
and jimmy's mom...omgosh. everytime that women is on the screen i want to CRYYY. just she seems so innocent and sweet and omg. i want to cry just thinking about it lol.
i know its not in 3x16 but the episode later when mouth brings her a yearbook everyone signed for jimmy i freaking cried like there was no tommorrow lol.

Offline PennySophia

• Credit to whoever made the avatar!
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »
I feel for those stuck outside because i've been in that situation and can relate to it.

When the tube bombings happened in London in 2005 one of the stations that was bombed was the station my mum gets off at to get to work and she was missing four 4 hours after the bombings happened. I was stuck at home and all i knew was my mum used that tube line and i couldnt reach her. It was the worst 4 hours of my life. My stepdad is a policeman and he had gone to help evacuate and he was uncontactable for a long time too. So for a few hours i had no idea whether my parents were alive or dead, injured or ok. I cannot explain the feeling, i was helpless and hysterical, i just didnt know what to do at all and it was the scariest feeling in the world. To be stuck on the outside and not know what was happening was a terrible feeling. Obviously the people caught up in it were suffering too so i dont want to seem like i#'m belittling what they went through but my goodness it was the scaried day of my life so i can completely understand how Brooke and Karen would have been feeling

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ -- art: lj
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
Love this topic.

JIMMY'S MOM!

It must be TERRIBLE to deal with something like that especially because everyone thought it was Jimmy who killed Keith at first. After reading 'Columbine' I got a good idea about how the 'killers' parents feel about stuff.
Sure, it is one thing to lose your kid to a tragedy like that because it seems unfair and it's terrible and shocking.
But I can't begin to grasp the kind of pain a mother or father must feel of somehow who took a gun into a school with the purpose of killing innocent people. You carry that with you for the rest of your life.

BESIDES her though I think it must have been THE WORST to actually be with him in the tutor center. So all who were in there. Like the fear you must feel during such a period of time. i don't think anyone of us can understand EVER unless wehave been in a sitauation like that.
scars are just skin growing back thicker when it heals

caralouise

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
Yea, I completely agree about Jimmy's mom. Like when the officer calls her over to speak to her, and she's just like 'Is my son okay?' really timidly, my heart breaks every time. She just had no idea her son was the cause of all this. Really did break my heart. And Jimmy's funeral scene at the end of 3.17 also makes me cry. Like it was just his mom there (until the boys arrived) and it just made me realise how much she loved him after all of it.

I also kinda felt for Abbi too. Like she was the only one out of the group let out. If that were me I'd feel so guilty like in case anything happened. Her 'we're all just kids, this isn't supposed to be like this' speech also gets to me every time. So powerful.

Everyone was just amazing, it was such a raw episode with so much emotion that you could relate to everyone.

NHforever23

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 02:47:43 PM »
As most people have said, everybody was of course in a difficult position.  But I have to say I felt for Peyton and Mouth. Their stories touched me the most in that episode. Peyton because she was shot and so honest with Lucas in the library. It made me really love her character more. Mouth because he was Jimy's best friends and has clearly felt responsible for certain things. They both gave amazing performances and speeches in the episode...

and of course Keith because he risked his life to try to save Jimmy and Lucas.

sawyerscottTLA

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 07:54:53 AM »
This is one of the best posts I've read!

My answer,
Jimmy.
That may sound like I am sympathizing with the person who caused all of the harm in the first place, and I agree, however, I sympathize with Jimmy and how utterly and completely alone he must have felt, and while you can say that was his own fault, others definitely contributed to that, and the fact that he felt so alone as to do what he did, as to finally point a gun at his own chest and pull the trigger, I cannot imagine feeling that alone and desolate in the world, but it breaks my heart. And I know his actions lead to the way his mother, Lucas, Karen, etc, felt afterward, but I do not think the way Jimmy felt for a very long time that lead to his actions in 3x16, can be overstated, and I also think the way that was handled in OTH cannot be overstated, therefore, 3x16, Jimmy, gets my vote.
Thank you and good night :)

Offline TorturedFate

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • On the count of two...
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
It is honestly impossible to pick who had it the worst that day, NO ONE came out unscathed, and I have never believed that one persons pain trumps someone else's. Pain is pain, and just because you might deal with it differently (Throwing a party, or having sex on a football field) doesn't mean that you are any less affected.

However if I had to choose I would go with Mouth for MANY of the reasons that have already been stated.

it's a beautiful lie, it's a perfect denial, such a beautiful lie to believe in.

Offline danfan

• I'm a VIP!
  • The game is over, you lose.
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 11:48:57 PM »
I would go crazy if I was in Brooke's position. Not knowing what was going on and having my friends stuck inside
Don't worry little brother. You're my plus one.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
Everyone has it pretty bad that day...

I would have to say the people in the school had it the worst though...

The tutor center people because jimmy had a gun to them, holding them hostage, ANYTHING could've happened, and even though it seemed like he wasn't going to because he seemed more scared than anything, anyone could've been shot and having that gun waving around your face, in front of you, would've been terrifying for pretty much anyone.... Horrible position for all of them to be in....

Peyton was shot, she hads Lucas to help, but she needed out of there... they encountered Jimmy, it was scary for both of them because they weren't sure Peyton would make it.... They took the plunge and got her outta school but it took some help from his uncle, Lucas and Peytons trauma was equally terrifying because Peytons life was at risk and they had no idea what was going on in the school or where anything was happening....

Keith tried to rectify the situation and he only got to watch Jimmy kill himself before his life was taken by the hand of his brothers...

So quite possibly and of course arguably ;) I would say that in THE WORST of positions were Jimmy and Keith...

lol, my answer changed at the end, went from everyone in school to Keith and Jimmy, they did lose their lives so I'd say they were in the worst position....

Sundrop

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 05:58:24 PM »
i think they were all pretty bad, i mean.. how can you choose between slowly dying, watching someone you love slowly dying, being shot, killing yourself, watching your best friend do this to himself and everyone else, knowing its all your fault, sitting trapped in a room worrying about the fate of your spouse, and being away not knowing what's happening to everybody you love... they are all quite unimaginable to me. and karen had it pretty tough, too, as did abby, and the other guy whose name started with "M", i forgot it... they all had it tough imo (=
but when jimmy says "so i took a [pill of some sort]. and then i took 12 more." and mouth puts his head on the table, that really broke my heart. i know it's a small one and it's just a detail, but it looked so heartbreaking </3

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 09:43:51 AM »
^ his name was Markus.

I think while this episode was written SO WELL Jimmy lacked something imo. IDK I just didn't feel TOO bad for him. Even though they tried to make him look like he really did have a terrible time in HS I still think that he was i don't even know how to put it. I'd probably told him too that he caused a lot of his pain to himself. LOL even though I would have been too scared to if he had pointed a gun at my face.

Offline the.swiss.cheese

• Posting Freak
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 10:59:53 AM »
I agree with most posts in here. I really sympathized with Jimmy's mother in that episode. I thought the moment where she was searching for him in the gym was one of the most heartbreaking parts of the episode.

I'd like to add Karen to this. She lost Keith - a long-term friend and new lover./fiance. She was about to start a future with him, she was starting to build a new family.. and he was taken away from her. I actually found her pain - post the shooting episode - to be some of the hardest scenes to watch. Plus, her son was in the school.

I think everyone was impacted by that day, and I do think some were more impacted by it than others. How many of us expected Marcus to be so consumed with emotion/guilt/fear that he would drop out of school? I think that Dan - who made the worst mistake of his life in a moment of jealousy/revenge - will never forget that moment. It will forever haunt him. While I don't sympathize with Dan's actions, I think that mistake completely devastated him in so many ways. And of course, there is Mouth who lost a former best friend and had to - in the most emotionally charged situation - watch Jimmy's pain unfold.

On the flip side, I was surprised at how little it impacted Rachel after the shooting occurred. She went back - quite quickly - to the 'bitch' she was before. Even Brooke - seeking petty revenge on Rachel soon after - showed no sign of being truly affected after that day beyond the next episode (and her party). Even NH turned their pain into love .. and got through the pain of that day fairly quickly. It didn't scar them in the way it did to others. While I sympathized with everyone here, I don't think they were affected by the shooting in the way that others were.

I guess I look at it as who was impacted the most after the act. During the shooting, I wouldn't want to be any of them because we didn't know how it could turn out. Someone in that classroom could have easily been shot. That fear is something I'd never want to experience. The pain Peyton felt when she was shot was heartbreaking to watch. Being on the sidelines as a friend and/or parent is something that I can't even imagine... I know that waiting in a hospital when someone you love is in surgery or sick is one of the worst feelings because the 'unknown' haunts you. I'm sure watching someone commit suicide and another person being murdered is one of the most traumatic things to see (I'm sure Abby is still affected by that). It was a difficult day for everyone...

But for me, Jimmy's mom, Abby, Mouth, Dan, and even Karen/Lucas are the ones who I think - to this day - are still haunted by that day in a way the others are not.

sawyerscottTLA

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 12:15:31 AM »
^ his name was Markus.

I think while this episode was written SO WELL Jimmy lacked something imo. IDK I just didn't feel TOO bad for him. Even though they tried to make him look like he really did have a terrible time in HS I still think that he was i don't even know how to put it. I'd probably told him too that he caused a lot of his pain to himself. LOL even though I would have been too scared to if he had pointed a gun at my face.

what you said makes me think that if jimmy had been a character in the background for even longer, been in more episodes, and we had seen his pain more, it would be interesting to see what that that would have culminated in, as far as the school shooting episode.

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »
what you said makes me think that if jimmy had been a character in the background for even longer, been in more episodes, and we had seen his pain more, it would be interesting to see what that that would have culminated in, as far as the school shooting episode.

yeah, i mean he was pretty random coming back in episode like what 3.15? it's just like we didn't get to be part of how his anger built up and all that. so idk if I am really in the position to judge him for what he did but when rewatching the episode i always find myself not caring too much about it. IDEK

Offline Aida.

• " People always leave. "
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »
that was a...i don`t know the word to express what i`ve felt for that episode. it was hard to watch, anyway. it was hard thinking about everybody!
honestly, i don`t know who i would pick...everyone felt terrible, Brooke for leaving Peyton inside, Nathan and Haley one for each other, Lucas for Peyton and after this, for Keith...
Keith`s death was a hard thing for me. I cried a lot, seeing how hard was for Karen, for Lucas, etc...
I don`t remember if Karen was in 3X16, but I know that after Keith`s death, I cried everytime I saw her suffering...maybe for the next 3 or 4 episodes, I know I cried...I guess to see her was the worst position for me..

" If I tell you I Love You, can I keep you forever? "