Author Topic: Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?  (Read 11479 times)

Offline h o l o k e

• Posting 24/7
  • B+L. [icon-Mia]
Re: Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 05:57:42 AM »
Obviously if we're talking phyically it would have to be Peyton or Keith but I don't think we are.

I would have to agree with the OP. I cannot watch Brooke's scenes without crying LOL. She didn't know what was happening in the school, who was alive, who was dead. Was it her fault that Peyton wasn't with her?

Lucas had Peyton to worry about, To speak to, he knew exactly what was happening etc. Haley+Nathan must have been so scared but they were with each other, I think that's what they wanted, they also knew what was happening and as scary as it would have been they knew Jimmy was just scared, and that he didn't want to really hurt anyone.
let the rain wash away, all the pain of yesterday.

Offline Dom-4-Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 08:39:59 PM »
Keith. He died................

This was my answer I had prepared. lol

Offline Sema

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • without a doubt
    • tumblr, yo.
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 09:27:12 PM »
Mentally, Abby. The whole situation was twenty times horrendous because she had to live with seeing Dan shoot Keith on top of the diabetic situation and being held hostage of Jimmy. Worst of both worlds.

Offline Mel

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Poof!
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 10:10:40 PM »
This is a really hard choice because everyone was affected by it terribly one way or another.. but I have to go with Jimmy.

Not only does his pain get him to this point but even after his death (thanks to Dan) people think he's a murderer. Jimmy's mom comes in close second for having to carry that grief with her for a long time.
And so it goes, this soldier knows.

Offline naley_brulain_leyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Jack & Rose
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 06:43:45 AM »
I honestly can't decide who was in the worst position. Other than Dan and the reporter I felt horrible for everyone in this episode.

*...I was wrong...*

brattynemz

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 09:57:41 AM »
I would probably in the minority with this but I gotta say Peyton. It's not only that she's in physical pain, it's also her mental anguish that she might be dead even before anyone finds her. I'm not sure if she's thinking about other ppl at this moment, I know I would, so that would be one of my worries too. It's still unjustifiable for her to kiss Lucas though. LOL.

Idk about Brooke, because it was shown that she was worrying more about not knowing Glenda than her friends who are inside the school with a gunned man. I would've stayed positive though, they're in a huge place, what are the chances they're all in the same room and Jimmy would really fire his gun? I might just be saying this because I haven't been in a situation like this, not even a close one, so Idk.

Offline dawni3

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Credit: Agnes!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 11:05:08 AM »
Brooke's situation is hard, but I wouldnt say I felt for her more than anyone else. Certainly not Lucas, or NH, or Jimmy.

I really feel for Jimmy, even though I hate the way the episode tried to justify his behaviour with him blaming Mouth (& Skills & Lucas) and then the reporter insinuating Brooke (& people like her) are at all. I felt they tried to hard to make him redeemable, and so some of the empathy goes.

I'd hate to be Lucas in 3x16. Sitting with someone who is an important part of your life (AND who you kissed back ;) ) and watching them get weaker, and knowing there isnt a lot you can do, & realizing you're gonna have to takea huge risk to make her safe. Just OHMYGOD the worst feeling I can think of in that situation, the powerlessness.
Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining...

xxxOTH.NHxxx

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
This was little hard for me to know which position that worst to me, but I would go w/ Mouth because in no matter what happen.. he still carry that guilty for rest of his life.. He didn't know his own best friend felt that way and he wish he could go back and change, but in S4 and S5, it seems that he always question himself when it comes to Jimmy like he just wondering "what if".. I just feel so bad for him more than anyone... It just suck for him feeling that for long time...

Offline katylady101

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon:BiggestSophiaBushFan sig:Brittany
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »
Jimmy. That feeling at school when you feel like no one cares, you are totally feel invisible, and people bullying you for no reason really sucks. And when you are out for weeks and not one ask where you been or ask you if you are ok makes you feel worse. Sure it may only be high school but stuff that happens to you there can last a lifetime. I really know how he felt (even though it's just a tv character). I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy.

Offline Dom-4-Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
Jimmy
Keith
Rachel (Cause it was all her fault, no matter what)
Peyton
Dan
Karen
Lucas

then everyone else

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 10:41:33 AM »
It's a realy tought question but Jimmy and his mother for sure. Then Keith, Peyton, Lucas and all the people in the tutor center. Oh and Karen's situation was also terrible. Her son was inside and she didn't know what was happening to him.

Idk about Brooke, because it was shown that she was worrying more about not knowing Glenda than her friends who are inside the school with a gunned man. I would've stayed positive though, they're in a huge place, what are the chances they're all in the same room and Jimmy would really fire his gun? I might just be saying this because I haven't been in a situation like this, not even a close one, so Idk.

ICA about Brooke.

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

Offline brucasandbedward!

• RK - the smoking gun.
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »
Okay, honestly, ignoring the fact that later in the episode, Dan would be the one to shoot Keith, did anyone at all EVER feel bad for him? I mean, for about 55 minutes, he was just as innocent as all those other parents and I can't help but occasionally think about what he was really feeling that whole day, before he shot Keith.

Karen killed me when she went to his office the next episode and blamed him. She absolutely tore into him when he said he had responsibility as the mayor, and honestly, I completely agreed with him when he said he had soooo much to worry about with that. But I also agreed with Karen, when she asked "what about your responsibility as a brother? What about your responsibility as a father? You had two sons in there Dan!"

So really, Dan had it the absolute and complete and undeniably worst that day, just in my opinion, up until he shot Keith. I know some people realy have no sympathy for Dan ever in the series and especially in that episode, but I have a huge conscience and so I can't help but think of all the ways 3x16 really affected him. He was hated by both of his sons and even though he treated them both horribly, I truly believe that no parent can ever hate their child and he would have never gotten over it if one, or both of them, had died. He also somehow got Keith into that school. I don't know exactly when he decided to kill him, but even if it was just for a second, he would have had guilt about that, knowing he could have just led Keith to his death. And then the mayor thing. Obviously stressful.

So IDK. I'm really glad I started this thread because I really have listened to everyone's responses and it's making me realize how hard that day was for every single person involved. It makes me agree with what Brooke said in 3x17, "I may not have been in that school, but that doesn't mean that I don't carry that day around with me like everybody else." SO TRUE. You didn't have to be in that school to feel the impossible weight of one man's decision and you certainly didn't have to be in that school to know what it was like to feel fear.

"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other."
the golden trio.

Offline fanofyours

• Posting Freak
  • av made by signalelement@lj; sig made by redhel@lj
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »
Actually it's pretty hard to pick one person.

I think everyone who had any guilt in this or were made to be guilty had it rough.

One thing is to be the noble victim who just got in the way trying to live their life (Peyton) or just doing a good thing and then die unfairly (Keith) but another thing is to feel like you had a part in this happening. Like it was somehow your responsibility.

I actually think my choice would be Dan. I know what he did is unforgivable, but HE also knew that. I can't imagine living in his skin after 3x16. All these paranoias and the realization that he had killed his own brother in passionate anger, a brother he once loved... and he also ruined his chances with making amends with Lucas and Karen which he obviously had wanted at this point. He was so close to redemption, and he blew it big time.

Also Jimmy, but he -- in a way -- took the easy way out -- he just ended his life. He didn't have to live with the knowledge and the guilt.

Mouth and Rachel definitely -- for obvious reasons already stated.

Brooke and Karen -- they had to stay away, wondering what might happen to Lucas and Peyton. Especially Karen. I always thought Sophia's acting wasn't THAT good, though.  I mean she should've been a bit more hysteric. Her boyfriend AND best friend. So that prevents me from feeling for Brooke. Sophia has had good performances, but that wasn't it IMO.

For Brooke it is the guilt thing too, but luckily she wasn't close to Jimmy. I mean if you never even knew the person, whatcha gonna do? For her I think it was more momentary thing in comparison with Mouth or Lucas who had been longtime friends.

Well and after them come Lucas and Peyton. Peyton for being the victim of violence, however surviving and having no guilt in this whatsoever. And Lucas for having to sit there and watch her bleed. Also there was a possibility that someone could come and shoot them. Again. And he still had to pick up the courage to exit the library once Peyton's condition worsened. I think it wasn't easy going back to the halls, knowing what's out there.

Finally, well LOL, Nathan and Haley with their Always and Forever. I think it was scary for them to be in that room but also... they were there together. And there were more people. And they talked to Jimmy and it was obvious pretty soon that he was scared too and wasn't going to kill them all, he didn't have the courage.

Offline rosie2333

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
i think everyone's position was pretty awful and Jimmy's was absolutely the worst but otherwise Lucas- absolutely. Nathan and Haley were at least together and although everyone in the tutor centre was afraid they at least had a chance to talk to Jimmy and try to understand- Brooke was outside and i'm sure she was worried but she had Karen come and collect her and look after her but Lucas.

Lucas had no-one else to help him with Peyton. she was dying in front of him and he was helpless. that feeling must be the worst feeling in the world. someone you love bleeding out and KNOWING they might die and pouring their heart out to you and then slowly falling unconscious- i could not imagine trying to handle that if it were one of my best friends. especially seeing as he had no idea what was going on outside. at least for the everyone in the tutor centre they had a sense of what was happening- Lucas was completely isolated.

and then to brave leaving the library- for the door to slam and give them away after everything he'd tried to do to protect Peyton- and for Keith to appear and to know there was a high possibility he was never going to see him again...

3x16 is pretty much the only episode i like and empathise with Lucas in. i definitely see his position as one of the worst i could ever imagine.
Caleb Rivers

Offline ryano

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »
First of great thread, its a really interesting idea.

Im torn between Peyton and Jimmy.

I think Peyton had it bad because not only is she in the physical pain of the wound but she is helpless to stop it. And for a while she was on her own in that library, not knowing what else was going on in the school, or if anyone would find her and get her help before she bleeds to death. Even with Lucas for company she still had the worries about getting help in time because she didnt want to be on her own while Lucas got help (which i also suspect is because she didnt want to send him back out into the school while they werent sure what was going on out there, but thats just speculation on my part).

Other than that I think Jimmy. He hated his life, and after keeping quiet for so long, he finally snapped and reacted. He obviously regretted the decision of pulling the gun and then felt completely helpless as to how he could ever make things right again. He saw no way out. The idea of spending the last few hours of your life that way is horrific to me.