Author Topic: Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?  (Read 11405 times)

Offline brucasandbedward!

• RK - the smoking gun.
    • Myspace
Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?
« on: April 01, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
First off, be mature people.

Second, let's NOT turn this into a "Well, this person had it soooooooo much worse than this person" becuas that is NOT what this is for. No specifically pointing out another character to build up the one you sympathize with.

(how pathetic is it that it's necessary to do that in almost every thread???)

Anyways, on to the topic.

I recently read a book about Columbine and it got my mind working. Of course I thought of 3x16 and I started to think about whose situation I would have absolutely not wanted to be in. It was really interesting, considering all of the perspectives, especially after reading about the Columbine incident and how hard it was for EVERYONE involved, not just the victims.

So my question is, whose position do you consider to be the worst? PLEASE, try to be unbiasedhere. Choosing to be in your favorite character's position or choosing any position other than your least favorite character's position is just lame. I really want to know who you imagine had the worst day that day. It can be absolutely any of the characters in the episode.

For me, it was Brooke. I absolutely cannot watch her scenes anymore because they tear my heart in two. I really cannot fathom being in her place. Every single person she loved was in that building and she had no idea what was happening to any of them. Also, she knew in her heart that if anything happened to Peyton, it would be "her fault", or at least the way she saw t. She felt so guilty for accidnetally leaving Peyton. IDK, just all of it put together, going back and forth in her mind must have been the worst thing. To know that you could possibly be the only one left out of all of your friends? That would be worse than dying. The only way I can think to describe it is with this quote:

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all else, pity those who live without love."

Thoughts? Your own opinions?

"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other."
the golden trio.

KRM

Re: Whose position in 3x16 was the worst to you?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »
It can be absolutely any of the characters in the episode.
Jimmy. 

May seem obvious.  But still as bad as many of the characters had it that episode their issues and pain didn't result in any of them turning a gun on themselves and pulling the trigger.

stealmypainaway

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »
^ I agree. I also felt really bad for his mom. Jimmy said his dad left his mom, so he was all she had and he shot himself... Her face at the end of the episode gets me. So sad.

TheGatsby

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »
Plenty of them were in bad enough situations

Jimmy - see the reasons above
Mouth - seeing his old friend from childhood pulling a gun on people and having to feel guilty about the situation
Nathan and Haley - each knowing the person they love most could die without warning
Peyton - knowing she literally could die considering she had been shot in the leg and was suffering blood loss
Brooke - reasons you mentioned in the OP

Personally I'd probably say Peyton was in the position I'd least like to be in, already suffering a potentially fatal wound if it wasn't seen to in time, but not knowing if trying to get to help would get her killed.

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:27:29 PM »
Plenty of them were in bad enough situations

Jimmy - see the reasons above
Mouth - seeing his old friend from childhood pulling a gun on people and having to feel guilty about the situation
Nathan and Haley - each knowing the person they love most could die without warning
Peyton - knowing she literally could die considering she had been shot in the leg and was suffering blood loss
Brooke - reasons you mentioned in the OP

FORGOT SOMEONE DUDE

Lucas- Having to just sit and watch Peyton slowly lose more and more blood, whilst worrying for the safety of Nathan and Haley, feeling guilty about Jimmy.

But yeah..Jimmy was worst IMO..then Peyton.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline Mandie

• I should own stock in this place!
  • ABS ▪ LV ▪ BL ▪ DE ♥
    • Lights
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »
Keith. He died................

when it comes to love you're just as blinded.

Offline Sema

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • without a doubt
    • tumblr, yo.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »
Jimmy. its sad that the situations had taken such a harsh turn that he felt it was the only thing he could do and that in a way, he had to do it.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
I actually think Mouth was in the worst position out of anyone. Jimmy was one of his best friends and to be put in the situation Mouth was in is terrible. What made it worse was Jimmy basically blaming Mouth for what went wrong and making Mouth feel guilty for living his life.

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »
^Beat me to it lol.

Physically, the worst positions would obviously have to be Jimmy/Keith tying for first (dying and what not), followed up by Peyton.

Mentally, I think Mouth would be the worst off.  Mouth and Lucas were both friends with Jimmy and had lost touch, basically "causing" him to shoot up the school.  Lucas didn't really seem to feel as much guilt about that as Mouth though.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline brucasandbedward!

• RK - the smoking gun.
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »
I really love everyone's answers. and THANK YOU for keeping it civil (:

So I'm going to divide mine up a little bit after reading what everyone wrote.

As far as who I thought had it the worst at the time, I still think Brooke. But I also agree about Mouth. Also, Karen...oh jeeez, Karen. That's unfathomable.

After the shooting? Definitely Mouth. And Lucas.

IDK, I so do NOT want to sound insensitive, trust me, especially after reading in depth about the Columbine situation. But for me, I don't really think about the victims as much as the people that are being left behind...does that make sense? Obviously I feel AWFUL for the people that die in those situations and in the episode; they won't experience life and for Jimmy, he died soooo young and Keith died just as he found happiness. But I guess I always consider more about the people who don't die, and the fact that they're still human and have to sort through all the emotions that come with that. Like Julian said, you know what happens when you die? Your dead. As simple and lame as it sounds, it's true. Because death is so unfamiliar and vague, it's harder for me to see how truly horrible it is for the characters that die in the new position.

IDK. Maybe that does sound insensitive.

"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other."
the golden trio.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 11:19:05 PM »
I really love everyone's answers. and THANK YOU for keeping it civil (:

So I'm going to divide mine up a little bit after reading what everyone wrote.

As far as who I thought had it the worst at the time, I still think Brooke. But I also agree about Mouth. Also, Karen...oh jeeez, Karen. That's unfathomable.

After the shooting? Definitely Mouth. And Lucas.

IDK, I so do NOT want to sound insensitive, trust me, especially after reading in depth about the Columbine situation. But for me, I don't really think about the victims as much as the people that are being left behind...does that make sense? Obviously I feel AWFUL for the people that die in those situations and in the episode; they won't experience life and for Jimmy, he died soooo young and Keith died just as he found happiness. But I guess I always consider more about the people who don't die, and the fact that they're still human and have to sort through all the emotions that come with that. Like Julian said, you know what happens when you die? Your dead. As simple and lame as it sounds, it's true. Because death is so unfamiliar and vague, it's harder for me to see how truly horrible it is for the characters that die in the new position.

IDK. Maybe that does sound insensitive.

I know exactly what you mean and I don't think it's insensitive. In my opinion, once you die, you're dead but you're also in a better place depending on what you believe, obviously. But for the people who are left behind and have to pick up the pieces and go on living, it's harder. They feel the pain every day, so I get what you mean.

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 01:24:46 AM »
I legitimately could not choose one single person whose position was worse than everyone else. I just think something like this that affects soooo many people....there's just no way of fathoming how severely each person is affected.

I mean, no one has mentioned Abby in this thread. She was INCREDIBLY affected by this day. She had to watch Dan murder Keith, and then live with that for months. We saw in S4 how miserable it made her, and how it haunted her.

The guy in the tutoring center(Marcus) with Naley and the rest of them dropped out of school because of how this day affected him.

Jimmy's mother had to receive the news that her son brought a gun to school, fired it, held students hostage, and then committed suicide. UNIMAGINABLE for a mother. Talk about guilt.

It's just so much bigger than the 'core 5'. I know it's a tv show, so of course they were only able to focus on the stories of the main characters, but....I just can't even begin to think any one of them was more affected than the other, or even more affected than the smaller characters I mentioned.

Offline Bec09

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »
Jimmy...hands down for reasons everyone has mentioned.

But I also felt bad for his mom. The little scene where she is asking about where her son is still breaks my heart.

But after the shootiing I think it was definitely Mouth and Lucas. They had been friends with Jimmy and I think they both felt guilty, even though Lucas was mostly anger and hurt over the death of Keith.

Off topic, but this episode seriously is one of the best in OTH history if not in television. It's such a fragile issue to deal with and I think Mark, the cast and crew did beautifully with it.
"To imagine- to dream of things that have not happened is one of man's deepest needs." -Milan Kundera

Offline Letthegoodtimesroll

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • B-Rok<3
    • http://twitter.com/KWilly714
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 10:08:36 AM »
Jimmys mom had it the worst in my opinion. She really did break my heart in the few scenes that she was in.

Nate&Serena<3

kitnrse

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 12:21:25 AM »
Mouth had it really bad, he felt like the whole thing was his fault.  Just the way he kept trying to talk to Jimmy really got me...
Brooke had it bad too, not knowing whether or not everyone was okay, feeling bad because she left Peyton, feeling worse that Luke went back for her...
Jimmy's mom had it the worst though, at first not knowing if your son was okay, then finding out that he WAS the shooter, then finding out that he was dead.  Then the funeral scene in the next episode really got to me.