Author Topic: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!  (Read 17939 times)

Dorkodancer147

Re: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 01:49:36 AM »
Explained what? I am really confused on what you are even talking about.

You think that I am upset because people bash peyton so I am taking it out on everyone by posting something negative about brooke? that couldnt be further from the truth. I was just rewatching season 3 and I noticed this, so I posted. Just because you don agree doesnt mean you have to personally attack me. And if anyone is taking anything seriously its you. You clearly are offended by this thread, and its just one topic of conversation. You easily could have said why you didnt agree in a mature way bt all you posted was "jealoussssss."

?

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 01:54:40 AM »
That's an attack?  Oh man not even gonna go there LOL.

I jokingly said you two were jealous because you're both talking about how Brooke always gets away with things and Peyton doesn't.  Sheesh, and DEFINITELY not offended by this thread LMAO.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline Petra

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • ♥LL4Life♥
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 02:02:25 AM »
This is the only warning this thread will receive. Quit arguing, Stay on topic, and respect others opinions.

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 02:22:23 AM »
Back on topic, I just think that Brooke took things too far. I mean, maybe posting 1 picture I would have been okay with, but posting them around everywhere was a bit rude. BUt like I said, its not like Rachel didnt deserve it after all the stuff she put BRooke through.

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ -- art: lj
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »
Back on topic, I just think that Brooke took things too far. I mean, maybe posting 1 picture I would have been okay with, but posting them around everywhere was a bit rude. BUt like I said, its not like Rachel didnt deserve it after all the stuff she put BRooke through.

Completely agreed!

It's like Peyton said to Brooke ones: "At least you are a dedicated bitch". True dat!
scars are just skin growing back thicker when it heals

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 11:23:33 PM »

I usually don't like Rachel, but I don't see what she did to deserve it or what she put Brooke through to be honest. With the time capsule, she didn't know it was going to effect everyone the way it did nor did she have a clue that Jimmy was going to kill himself/take the school hostage.

In regards to Brooke, she automatically hated Rachel from the start and went out of her way to try to exclude Rachel from the squad, tried to "pick" the guy Rachel was going to pick in the boy draft, etc... They were both completely catty bitches to each other for no reason other than the simple fact of jealousy and trying to be queen bee.

Brooke blew up pictures of someone's past and insecurities just to get a laugh out of it. For what? Because Rachel said she's never been caught Brooking herself and she got a little embarrassed? She went too far with the pictures and Mouth was completely right. She learned absolutely nothing about the school shooting.

Offline tree_hill_lover

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 11:30:06 PM »
For me it was all girls being girls.  It was stupid of her to do it, but it is high school. Rachel did things too, Brooke didn't have to stoop to the level, but..

I don't understand how she gets away with EVERYTHING? And how people say people like her no matter what she does?  Lots of people bash her, its normal not to like a character and having opinions. I just don't see how she gets away with any more than any other character on the show does.  I don't think she is a bad person, and that is not just because I love her to death.  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:32:03 PM by tree_hill_lover »
CYRUS

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 11:34:37 PM »
For me it was all girls being girls.  It was stupid of her to do it, but it is high school. Rachel did things too, Brooke didn't have to stoop to the level, but..

I don't understand how she gets away with EVERYTHING? And how people say people like her no matter what she does?  Lots of people bash her,  and it is their own right.  I just don't see how she gets away with any more than any other character on the show does.  I don't think she is a bad person, and that is not just because I love her to death. 

It completely annoys me how every wrong, hurtful, disrespectful, tactless thing Brooke does or say she's easily forgiven or it's brushed under the rug and no one slaps her on the hand for it. But as soon as someone does something back to her, she holds a grudge against them and doesn't want to be friends with them. It's not just with the characters on the show, but even the audience are constantly downplaying her wrong doings.

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 11:58:03 PM »
In regards to Brooke, she automatically hated Rachel from the start and went out of her way to try to exclude Rachel from the squad, tried to "pick" the guy Rachel was going to pick in the boy draft, etc... They were both completely catty bitches to each other for no reason other than the simple fact of jealousy and trying to be queen bee.

I DO agree with this, realy, I do, because Ive always said that BRooke was the one that initiated the whole rivalry. HOWEVER, Rachel could have backed off. She didnt have to try so hard to get Lucas. And she did embarrass brooke in front of everyone at the cabin (even though, it was harmless, IMO) AND she did submit Brooke to Rogue Vogue just to mess with her. So Rachel wasnt completely innocent.

And again, in terms of her getting away with everything I'm not referring to the audience. (even if its my opinion that it applies to them as well) I know there are plenty of Brooke haters out there that make it vocal. What I am referring to is the other people on the SHOW. Like, whenever Rachel does one thing wrong everyone hates her for it, but whenever Brooke plays her stupid games or does questionable thing, it doesnt seem like anyone ever calls her out on it. Mouth was really the only one in that situation that did so. And even then, he was friends with Brooke again IMMEDIATELY after that.

It completely annoys me how every wrong, hurtful, disrespectful, tactless thing Brooke does or say she's easily forgiven or it's brushed under the rug and no one slaps her on the hand for it. But as soon as someone does something back to her, she holds a grudge against them and doesn't want to be friends with them.

THIS exactly.

Tori

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 12:07:07 AM »
I loved it. LOL.

BROOKE= HBIC. ♥

Offline ashleym

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 02:23:00 AM »
Lol at some of the arguments here.

Firstly, whether or not Brooke was out of line has nothing to do with whether or not Rachel deserved it, nor does criticizing Brooke's actions imply that Rachel is a "good person" or any better than Brooke. There are many people I know who have done mean things to people and perhaps "deserve" to get hurt, but this doesn't make it right for ME to go out of my way to hurt them.  For someone to say that Brooke's actions were justified, especially in light of the school shooting, is ridiculous.

Secondly, when people say Brooke "gets away with things," they aren't talking about these forums! They aren't saying that real-life people don't bash Brooke's character. They mean she gets away with things ON THE SHOW.  Which, frankly, is very true. Never once has Brooke required anything more than a heartfelt apology to get back into everyone's good graces.

There are also many things she does which no character has ever called her out for, such as trying to "force" Lucas to date an unattractive "unthreatening" classmate in season 3, which I think is one of the cruelest things Brooke has ever attempted but none of the characters noticed because that's just Brooke being Brooke.

Offline ashleym

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 02:24:48 AM »
Sorry to repeat part of your argument Dorkodancer, I didn't read it before I posted.

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 02:43:28 AM »
Its cool! :)

TreeHillHighStudent

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »

I think so too. I think Brooke took things way too far. I like her, but I hate it sometimes when she acts so childishly like that. Rachel did some pretty bad things I'll say - but Brooke doing that made her no better than Rachel imo.

Offline Usman23

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2010, 03:36:14 AM »
I didn't exactly hate Brooke for doing that, or go 'Oh no she didn't!' but I do think that was a pretty un-Brooke thing to do. I mean,  I can definitely see the pre-show Brooke doing something like that. But by S3, I think Brooke had been tamed and had actually grown a heart, so yeah, it was somewhat uncharacteristic for her to put up Rachel 'before' pics all over town.

Oh, and Rebecca, you know that sarcasm of yours can cause problems, right?  ;)