Author Topic: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!  (Read 17938 times)

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ -- art: lj
Re: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
Of course Rachel is worse, but in an way that’s kinda why I like her a lot, LMAO. She’s the bitch, but she knows it. With Brooke, she's def not as bad, but that's kinda what makes her so much worse to me lol - just how she’s written. Like.. she does all these 'subtle' rude things, but wants to come off innocent and cute, never gets called out, and always has the support of her friends no matter what she does. It’s just one of the most annoying things ever and she's always come off like that :/ PSHHH. And then it's like everyone loves her character. Ummmm.. no. Her character is so over rated, lmao. Just increases the hate haha.

THIS!

As much as I love Brooke, I can't stand how she gets away with it.
scars are just skin growing back thicker when it heals

Offline wvujen

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 01:04:36 AM »
I was disappointed that Brooke did that considering the fact that she hadn't really retaliated at all to Rachel's crap at that point.
However, Mouth asking her if she had learned anything from Jimmy's death pleased me but ticked me off at the same time. I guess it just made me mad that he brought up Jimmy's death to stick up for the person who released the time capsule that led to Jimmy's death.

Offline Bec09

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 05:12:15 PM »
Funny that you should say that, considering it's the most prominent tactic that I've observed rabid Peyton fans use to defend and justify her actions;)

Anywho, Brooke was completely and utterly out of line. As mentioned upthread, two wrongs don't make a right and regardless of whatever wrongs Rachel did to Brooke, what she did was incredibly mean-sprited and cruel.

That said, I hate Rachel. She has an ugly cold heart, as seen in S7 so even though Brooke was awful I really didn't feel anything. I've always seen Rachel as an incredibly irrelevant character.

This! Except I don't have a problem with Rachel.
"To imagine- to dream of things that have not happened is one of man's deepest needs." -Milan Kundera

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 04:20:56 PM »
Brooke's lowest moment ever. And she's done some pretty shady things.

Rachel is a bad person though, who, unfortunately, never changed. She did kind of cause the school shooting though so she deserves to feel bad. I mean you could argue Jimmy was going to snap at some point but it was definitely her fauly why it happened at that moment in time.

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:30 PM »
yeah, brooke is the ONLY character on this show that can get away with the crap that she does. Like, kissing pete, and blowing up at haley for the dress, and doing this to rachel. And yet people still love her.On the show and in the audience. I just dont get it.

But, with that said, Rachel might have deserved this, BUT Brooke didnt need to stoop to that level, and mouth was exactly right when he said that she didnt learn anything from the shooting. Sigh.

Oh, Brooke.

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 12:34:12 AM »
yeah, brooke is the ONLY character on this show that can get away with the crap that she does. Like, kissing pete, and blowing up at haley for the dress, and doing this to rachel. And yet people still love her.On the show and in the audience. I just dont get it.

But, with that said, Rachel might have deserved this, BUT Brooke didnt need to stoop to that level, and mouth was exactly right when he said that she didnt learn anything from the shooting. Sigh.

Oh, Brooke.

Jealoussssssssss.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline vanessa.k

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Icon: Mikaela
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 12:34:42 AM »
^LOL really? Cause I see that whatever little wrong Brooke does, there's a thread created about it with people bashing her WHILE saying that Brooke gets away with what she does? Kind of hypocritical really.

Let's put it this way, no one gets away with whatever crap they do. Not Haley, not Brooke and not Peyton. There's been people bashing Haley for "being on a high horse" bla bla bla, people bashing Peyton for being selfish and a cheater, and people bashing Brooke for being insecure and a bitch. And there will ALWAYS be people defending the three of them as well so I really don't see how anyone gets away with any crap she does.
ETA: Rebecca, don't type so fast please. =/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:37:05 AM by vanessa.k »

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 12:35:33 AM »
^LOL really? Cause I see that whatever little wrong Brooke does, there's a thread created about it with people bashing her WHILE saying that Brooke gets away with what she does? Kind of hypocritical really.

Let's put it this way, no one gets away with whatever crap they do. Not Haley, not Brooke and not Peyton. There's been people bashing Haley for "being on a high horse" bla bla bla, people bashing Peyton for being selfish and a cheater, and people bashing Brooke for being insecure and a bitch.

LOL I know right.  I think someone is trying to equalize things.

Offline vanessa.k

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Icon: Mikaela
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »
Why do Brooke fans always compare her to someone else to try and justify what she does? LOL. It seems like that happens a lot..

You might want to take a look in the mirror because you do the exact same thing with Peyton.

I don't claim that Brooke was right here, she was OUT OF LINE true, and I don't deny it. So there's no need to say that Brooke fans always try to justify her actions, because no, a lot of us don't. I call it as I see it, and this time Brooke was out of line just like there are times where she's right.

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 01:17:41 AM »

Oh, Brooke.

This bb. This x3838937582.

It's why I hate Brooke so much. It's just how she's freaking written. She does all these selfish things that are so rude and gross, yet EVERYONE'S still her friend and she hardly ever gets called out or anything on the show! It's so ridic. Maybe I'm forgetting, but that's how she always comes off to me.

^ & Link me to the thread plz.. cause I do not do that LMAO.
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 01:18:58 AM »
This bb. This x3838937582.

It's why I hate Brooke so much. It's just how she's freaking written. She does all these selfish things that are so rude and gross, yet EVERYONE'S still her friend and she hardly ever gets called out or anything on the show! It's so ridic. Maybe I'm forgetting, but that's how she always comes off to me.

^ & Link me to the thread plz.. cause I do not do that LMAO.

Jealous part 2.  Cute.

Offline oth-sam09

• Posting 24/7
  • <3
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 01:24:05 AM »
^^LOL what would she be jealous of?? a fictional character??

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 01:26:13 AM »
^^LOL what would she be jealous of?? a fictional character??

Both posts sound pretty bitter that Brooke's never called out and Peyton is, but that's just my opinion ;).

Dorkodancer147

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 01:41:23 AM »
I have my opinion,that doesnt mean I am jealous of Brooke? LOL. I dont even understand that post.

And actually no, there are not many threads about Brooke and the things that she does. I feel like every other character is SO highly critisized and Brooke gets away with everything. :/

and we say she gets away with everything, we dont mean with just the audience(even though I still believe this is true because I dont see a lot LP fans posting any negative BL threads, other than me and maybe christy) but when we say she gets away with it, we are referring to the other characters on the show. Like, they all just forgive her and accept her and never call  her out on anything.

I think someone is trying to equalize things.

its one thing to have an opinion and post it, but theres no need to blatantly talk/bash me and do it in a sly way as if I cant see that you are referring to me? So unnecessary.

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 01:43:31 AM »
Hmm, who said I was trying to be sly?  Not sitting here and arguing about this with you LOL, I've already explained it, not meant to be taken so seriously sheesh.