Author Topic: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!  (Read 17806 times)

Offline Jensen

• I'm a VIP!
Re: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2010, 04:09:04 PM »
Lol, no need to be so riled! No one's actually going to TAKE your opinion from you.

I agree that Brooke did a ton of crappy things, they both didn't use good judgment or morals in a lot of situations. I never said Brooke was better than Rachel, but I'm more invested in her so whatevs. But Brooke never actually told anyone that the pictures were Rachel, and she even told Mouth later that she never would have gone THROUGH with "operation: fat rachel," meaning she wouldn't reveal to everyone who it was, I think it was her way of scaring Rachel. Was it right? Nopes, but I'd like to believe she still wouldn't have taken it any further. And I really don't think the only reason Brooke wanted payback was because of the "brooking herself" situation, lol, it was everything piled on from the season that Rachel did that pissed off Brooke, she even said that when talking to Mouth.

When I saw that episode, I definitely felt for Rachel, cause it was sad, but it still didn't make me like Brooke any less. Maybe the situation just didn't matter as much to me. But they were in high school, teenagers do stupid things. And my guess is Rachel would have easily done the same thing had the roles been reversed. But oh well! Love em both, lol.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:21 PM »
Like I said, it was the timing of the situation that made it so much worse. Yeah, they both did really stupid bitchy things to antagonize the other, but Brooke went out of her way to publicly humiliate Rachel, which isn't okay. It doesn't matter whether or not Brooke was going to reveal who it was or even what caused her to get back at Rachel (in my opinion, she's already gotten back at Rachel. For every ass hole thing Rachel did, Brooke got her back). It's the simple fact that she's STILL being a bully after something as tragic as the school shooting.

Offline ashleym

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2010, 10:26:01 PM »
It's not a matter of who is a "better" or "worse" person (people are even bringing up things from season 4? Not relevant to the discussion whatsoever!) It's about how Brooke treated Rachel at a certain point in time. And sorry, but Brooke was way out of line. She did it because she was insecure and couldn't handle someone threatening her "hottest girl" status. Notice how she WANTED Lucas to go on a date with someone "inferior" to her, but started a rivalry with Rachel after she saw Rachel DANCING with Lucas. All her reasons for "getting back" at Rachel are so petty, yet what she did to Rachel was downright cruel.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2010, 12:26:08 AM »
It's not a matter of who is a "better" or "worse" person (people are even bringing up things from season 4? Not relevant to the discussion whatsoever!) It's about how Brooke treated Rachel at a certain point in time. And sorry, but Brooke was way out of line. She did it because she was insecure and couldn't handle someone threatening her "hottest girl" status. Notice how she WANTED Lucas to go on a date with someone "inferior" to her, but started a rivalry with Rachel after she saw Rachel DANCING with Lucas. All her reasons for "getting back" at Rachel are so petty, yet what she did to Rachel was downright cruel.

This times a million!!

Offline BJGfan

• Simply Stunning
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2012, 12:22:33 AM »
Brooke had absolutely no justified reason for doing this to Rachel. All it did to me was prove what a bitch Brooke was. Was Rachel a favorite character if mine? Heck no, but she didn't deserve that from Brooke. Brooke was jealous and way too insecure. In terms of the whole Brucas/Rachel stuff in the beginning, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that whole situation Brooke's fault? Yes, it was. She wanted the nonexclusive dating stuff and pushes Lucas to date someone else. I'm sorry but Rachel did nothing wrong. Technically, Lucas was fair game. Was Rachel annoying in the process? Very much so, but she didn't do anything wrong.

And in terms of the time capsule debate, the way I see it, two wrongs don't make a right. Brooke didn't post those pictures because of anything having to do with the time capsule. She posted them because she was immature and wanted "revenge" (even though she had no right to any kind of revenge). She wanted to deliberately hurt Rachel, and she obviously didn't give a damn about anyone else's feelings. Only herself.

So while I don't like Rachel at all, Brooke was in the wrong and had no right to do that to Rachel.
Paley--they're a team!

Offline Simba 711

« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2012, 06:01:16 AM »
Rachel's name is connected to so many bad things.

S3: The time capsule. Destroying Naley's wedding.
S4: Trying to hook up with Nathan. Stealing the test.
S5: Drug addict. Stealing Brooke's money.
S7: Dan's show.

Someone like her better be prepared to get back whatever she dishes out. I have no sympathy for Rachel. Zero. I never liked that character. I pretty much try to block out whatever Mouth says. Thank God for the FF button

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »
I know this topic hasn't been posted in for a while, but I've always wanted to express my opinion on this matter so I hope nobody minds.  :)

Before I go any further, I want to say that I'm not a fan of Rachel - at all.  And I go back and forth with Brooke but in a general sense, like her character.  Having said that...

What exactly did Rachel do to Brooke that warrants such a heinous act from Brooke that Brooke didnt also do to Rachel?  Both girls were catty with one another but Brooke did start it.  She hated Rachel from the beginning with no true justification.  Brooke pushed Lucas into a nonexclusive relationship and then had the nerve to get all whiny and bitchy about it.  Yeah, okay.  Rachel was definitely annoying during the process but she technically didn't do anything wrong.  Lucas was single - by Brooke's definition.

The whole cheerleading thing...please, what was such a big deal about that?  So Brooke now had to deal with a little inner competition.  Oh, the horror.  Was it catty of Rachel?  Yes, but does that situation justify publically humiliating someone based on their physical appearance?  Hardly.

Then we have the "fantasy boy draft" incident.  Rachel may have manipulated Bevin into trading spots but Brooke STILL would have been before either girls.  Brooke was petty and chose Chris to stick it to Rachel when she had ample opportunity to choose Lucas.  She should have paused long enough to ask herself why she was more interested in messing with Rachel as opposed to picking the boy she loved.  Hmm...  So again, Brooke's fault.  And what happened between Lucas and Rachel at the Rivercourt was insignificant considering, by Brooke's rules, he was single.  And he turned Rachel down either way.

Rogue Vogue comes next.  Rachel, however selfish her reasons were, actually did Brooke a favor.  This was a major opportunity for Brooke and it was her choice whether or not to take it.  Who cares why Rachel did it?  The reasons still don't justify the whole public humiliation thing.

The biggest argument I've seen in this thread is the whole time capsul incident and Rachel's involvement.  Okay, that was a terrible thing she did and it was a catalyst to the school shooting but I honestly don't put that blame on Rachel.  Many things can trigger someone to snap like Jimmy did.  When you watch and actually listen to his words inth tutor center, it was very clear there were multiple underlining issues.  He already attempted suicide before this.  He simply snapped.  Unfortunately, it came sooner in a devastating situation rather than later because I truly believe he would have at some point - whether in a big or small way.  And to blame Rachel for that isn't fair.  She didn't put that gun in his hands so while I sympathize with Jimmy greatly, he chose that.  Besides, Brooke didn't know it was Rachel who released the tape so again...how does that justify Brooke's actions?

Brooke wanted to pay back Rachel for outing her masturbating.  Please.  That's not so bad.  Maybe a little embarrassing but it's also not the first time that particular issue has been brought up.  In 104, they were playing "I never" and Teresa said "I've never had sex with anything made out of plastic" and Brooke shamelessly took a drink.  Hello!  And now she has an issue with it.  Give me a break.  Brooke maliciously broke into a locked cabinet in someone else's home and blew up incriminating photos of Rachel and posted them all over school.  She made fun of someone's physical appearance in a truly disgusting way.  That's a big difference from what Rachel did at the cabin.  As Mouth asked "did she learn anything from the shooting?".

Now I'm not saying Rachel didn't do some cruel things herself (obviously, she did) but nothing she did to Brooke justifies what Brooke did to her.

Offline Andrea

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Icon- Me
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
I attribute all of that stuff to them being in high school. Girls in school are catty, they do mean things to others because they can. But it also means she had underlying issues with herself. Another reason why people do catty things is because they are insecure with themselves. While it doesn't completely justify the stuff that Brooke did to Rachel, it's definitely the main reason why Brooke did everything she did. I think sometimes we forget that these characters are just kids, they make a lot of mistakes and they have a lot to learn.

But I always wonder that if Peyton and Brooke hadn't had that fight she would have actually made friends with Rachel...

Offline Northlights

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2013, 04:56:12 PM »
I know this topic hasn't been posted in for a while, but I've always wanted to express my opinion on this matter so I hope nobody minds.  :)

Before I go any further, I want to say that I'm not a fan of Rachel - at all.  And I go back and forth with Brooke but in a general sense, like her character.  Having said that...

What exactly did Rachel do to Brooke that warrants such a heinous act from Brooke that Brooke didnt also do to Rachel?  Both girls were catty with one another but Brooke did start it.  She hated Rachel from the beginning with no true justification.  Brooke pushed Lucas into a nonexclusive relationship and then had the nerve to get all whiny and bitchy about it.  Yeah, okay.  Rachel was definitely annoying during the process but she technically didn't do anything wrong.  Lucas was single - by Brooke's definition.

The whole cheerleading thing...please, what was such a big deal about that?  So Brooke now had to deal with a little inner competition.  Oh, the horror.  Was it catty of Rachel?  Yes, but does that situation justify publically humiliating someone based on their physical appearance?  Hardly.

Then we have the "fantasy boy draft" incident.  Rachel may have manipulated Bevin into trading spots but Brooke STILL would have been before either girls.  Brooke was petty and chose Chris to stick it to Rachel when she had ample opportunity to choose Lucas.  She should have paused long enough to ask herself why she was more interested in messing with Rachel as opposed to picking the boy she loved.  Hmm...  So again, Brooke's fault.  And what happened between Lucas and Rachel at the Rivercourt was insignificant considering, by Brooke's rules, he was single.  And he turned Rachel down either way.

Rogue Vogue comes next.  Rachel, however selfish her reasons were, actually did Brooke a favor.  This was a major opportunity for Brooke and it was her choice whether or not to take it.  Who cares why Rachel did it?  The reasons still don't justify the whole public humiliation thing.

The biggest argument I've seen in this thread is the whole time capsul incident and Rachel's involvement.  Okay, that was a terrible thing she did and it was a catalyst to the school shooting but I honestly don't put that blame on Rachel.  Many things can trigger someone to snap like Jimmy did.  When you watch and actually listen to his words inth tutor center, it was very clear there were multiple underlining issues.  He already attempted suicide before this.  He simply snapped.  Unfortunately, it came sooner in a devastating situation rather than later because I truly believe he would have at some point - whether in a big or small way.  And to blame Rachel for that isn't fair.  She didn't put that gun in his hands so while I sympathize with Jimmy greatly, he chose that.  Besides, Brooke didn't know it was Rachel who released the tape so again...how does that justify Brooke's actions?

Brooke wanted to pay back Rachel for outing her masturbating.  Please.  That's not so bad.  Maybe a little embarrassing but it's also not the first time that particular issue has been brought up.  In 104, they were playing "I never" and Teresa said "I've never had sex with anything made out of plastic" and Brooke shamelessly took a drink.  Hello!  And now she has an issue with it.  Give me a break.  Brooke maliciously broke into a locked cabinet in someone else's home and blew up incriminating photos of Rachel and posted them all over school.  She made fun of someone's physical appearance in a truly disgusting way.  That's a big difference from what Rachel did at the cabin.  As Mouth asked "did she learn anything from the shooting?".

Now I'm not saying Rachel didn't do some cruel things herself (obviously, she did) but nothing she did to Brooke justifies what Brooke did to her.

Spot on. Brooke's motivations were completely unjustified and her priorities mixed up in her attempt to "get even" with Rachel. Brooke started it and she took it to far, as per usual. Although I did not care about this "war" and about whatever Brooke did to Rachel because Rachel was the character that got away with so many mistakes and she never learned from it...or changed her behaviour.

But I always wonder that if Peyton and Brooke hadn't had that fight she would have actually made friends with Rachel...

The most random and unbelievable friendship. One episode they are mortal enemies, the next they are BFF's? Please...