Author Topic: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!  (Read 17807 times)

Offline babyjames23

How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:28:12 PM »
I know Brooke and Rachel were never friends this season but blowing up that picture was way out of line. There was no excuse for it. I felt like Mouth. Has she learned anything from Jimmy's death? I don't know, I just thought she was wrong to do that.
<3 Leo & Marty

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
Re: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:33:31 PM »
You and me both.

Ugh, I just did NOT like her character at all this season at all. ESPECIALLY when she did that to Rachel. Was Mouth the only one who even said anything to her about it? Ughhhh. So SO rude.
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
I thought it was funny TBH haha. Rachel deserved it.

Offline Mandie

• I should own stock in this place!
  • ABS ▪ LV ▪ BL ▪ DE ♥
    • Lights
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
Rachel did things like that to people all the time so lol @ people thinking she's any better than Brooke.

when it comes to love you're just as blinded.

Offline Shannonef13

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon: LJ/FF.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:38:42 AM »
Yeah, it was out of line, but whatever. Rachel released the time capsule video, thus leading to a school shooting, so I wasn't that disappointed in Brooke's actions.
Don't forget to be great. Because you are. - Mark Schwahn

Offline ValerieBL

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 12:41:16 AM »
Oh come on, Rachel was so much worse than Brooke!
If you need to hear why I love you, I can go on all night

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 12:45:09 AM »
It may not have been that bad, but the timing was so ridiculous. Like literally RIGHT after the shooting and time capsule, and Brooke's big thing of 'oh lets all bond and be united as one!'...ok hypocrite. Clearly she was really affected by everything that happened...

Offline Shannonef13

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon: LJ/FF.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 12:48:42 AM »
Yeah, I do agree that the timing was absolutely awful, but I didn't necessarily find the action in itself to be a huge deal. If that makes any sense.
Don't forget to be great. Because you are. - Mark Schwahn

Offline babyjames23

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 12:55:51 AM »
I'm not saying Rachel is better than Brooke, but there was no excuse for what she did. She rose to Rachel's level for doing that action.
<3 Leo & Marty

Offline RedBedroom

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 05:36:53 AM »
I think Rachel totally deserved it, but Brooke should have known better. It really made me stop and think when Mouth asked Brooke if she had learned anything at all from Jimmy's death because it is so true!
"I need to say it once. You need to hear it
I love you, Elena"

miko23

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 07:12:16 AM »
Two wrongs never make right. Rachel did many horrible things but Brooke should have known better and take the high road.

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ -- art: lj
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
^ agreed.

It was SO inappropriate. Brooke sinking to Rachel's level was just plain unecessary too.
Brooke was such a good character at that point of time too and then she ruined it by doing something so immature. 
scars are just skin growing back thicker when it heals

CMMBJGHB

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 09:39:57 PM »
It really made me stop and think when Mouth asked Brooke if she had learned anything at all from Jimmy's death because it is so true!

Agreed. I loved when Mouth said that.

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 11:09:07 PM »
Why do Brooke fans always compare her to someone else to try and justify what she does? LOL. It seems like that happens a lot..

Of course Rachel is worse, but in an way that’s kinda why I like her a lot, LMAO. She’s the bitch, but she knows it. With Brooke, she's def not as bad, but that's kinda what makes her so much worse to me lol - just how she’s written. Like.. she does all these 'subtle' rude things, but wants to come off innocent and cute, never gets called out, and always has the support of her friends no matter what she does. It’s just one of the most annoying things ever and she's always come off like that :/ PSHHH. And then it's like everyone loves her character. Ummmm.. no. Her character is so over rated, lmao. Just increases the hate haha.

She was just so out of line with this; I mean, if there was something that would hurt Rachel the most, this would probably be it. And they weren't even that big of enemies to each other at that point, tbh. It just seemed so wrong esp considering the shooting and everything. :/ did she even apologize? I don't even remember. Ugh, she just always comes off SO hypocritical.

Kinda OT, but I always thought Rachel really was a good person.. yeah, she'd do b!tchy things, but a lot of those things just came off as a defense mechanism. And after you got past that, you saw how amazing a friend she was. Cause THIS girl really was loyal to the friends she cared about. Unlike others....... but I love her character because she was who she wanted to be. She didn't sugar coat it and neither did the writers. (: I dunno, I always saw a big heart in Rachel. JMO.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:07:38 AM by hilarie.love »
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline GA

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 11:29:10 PM »
Why do Brooke fans always compare her to someone else to try and justify what she does? LOL. It seems like that happens a lot..

Funny that you should say that, considering it's the most prominent tactic that I've observed rabid Peyton fans use to defend and justify her actions;)

Anywho, Brooke was completely and utterly out of line. As mentioned upthread, two wrongs don't make a right and regardless of whatever wrongs Rachel did to Brooke, what she did was incredibly mean-sprited and cruel.

That said, I hate Rachel. She has an ugly cold heart, as seen in S7 so even though Brooke was awful I really didn't feel anything. I've always seen Rachel as an incredibly irrelevant character.