Author Topic: There are 2 Tragedies In Life...  (Read 5547 times)

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
There are 2 Tragedies In Life...
« on: December 29, 2009, 02:54:52 PM »
One is to lose your hearts desire, the other is to gain it.

I really loved ALL the voice overs from this episode, the season 2 first part finale.... SO I thought I'd post em' and we can discuss them!

From beginning of the episode to the end, here they are:

LUCAS: And Hansel said to Gretel, let us drop these breadcrumbs so that together we find our way home. Because losing our way would be the most cruel of things. This year, I lost my way.

NATHAN: And losing your way on a journey is unfortunate. But, losing your reason for the journey is a fate more cruel.

PEYTON: The journey lasted eight months. Sometimes I traveled alone. Sometimes, there were others - who took the wheel and took my heart. But when the destination was reached, it wasn’t me who arrived, it wasn't me at all.

BROOKE: And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be, or lose that person completely.

MOUTH: Because, sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been. And remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are.

BROOKE: 'There are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it'. Clearly, Shaw had his heart broken once or twice.

My FAVORITE QUOTE!!!! Nathans under here.....

NATHAN: As far as I'm concerned, Shaw was a punk! Cuz' you know what? Tragedies happen. What're you gonna do, give up? Quit? No. I realise now that when your heart breaks, you gotta fight like hell to make sure you're still alive. Because you are, and that pain you feel, it’s life! The confusion and fear, that's there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better, and that something is worth fighting for.

HALEY: This year, I got everything I wanted and everything I wished for... But, in a way, I lost even more.

LUCAS: Shaw was right: as we strain to grasp the things we desire, the things we think will make our lives better, money, popularity, fame. We ignore what truly matters, the simple things like friendship, family, love. The things we probably already had.[

MOUTH: So, Mr. Shaw thinks that getting your hearts desire is a tragedy? I say he’s wrong. I mean, clearly, Shaw never kissed Erica Marsh.

PEYTON: Yeah, losing your heart’s desire is tragic. But gaining your heart’s desire... It’s all you can hope for. This year, I wished for love. To immerse myself in someone else and to wake a heart long afraid to feel. My wish was granted. And if having that is tragic, then give me tragedy. Because, I wouldn’t give it back for the world.

They were ALL so good!!! I MISS Voiceover filled episodes!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 03:09:23 PM by mary7roses »

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
Re: There are 2 Tragedies In Life...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
SO, as I stated, my favorite one is the Nathan one about not quitting and giving up, that when your heart breaks you gotta fight like hell to make sure your still alive...

This one has helped me out SOOO much, I used to have this on my wall and I would read it everyday! It helped me so much, made me stronger, made me realize something else is out there for me, something better then this..... It's so inspiring because when you watch this episode and then watch season 3 with Nathan struggling with Haley, I think of this quote and it just makes sense with how he was, trying to trust her again and let her back in...

He had to fight like hell after his heart broke and she came back and its not that easy to just put the pieces back together...

Offline othlove224

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • credit- sig- Pauline
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 03:09:50 PM »
thanks for posting,
the voice overs are seriously SO amazing.
I could really live my life by them.
I love this one
" Because, sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been. And remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be. The person you are. "

and the nathan one, so true.
I love it.

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 03:12:51 PM »
I love these quotes and this is probably one of my favourite codas on the show. I especially love Brooke quote:

"And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be, or lose that person completely."

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 03:24:14 PM »
This episode was just aweosme! !I love when they incorporate EVERYONE in the voiceovers and the way they did this episode was just awesome!!

ANd I love Mouths, clearly Shaw never kissed Erica Marsh...lol..

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
This coda and everything was just amazing.  IMO one of the best ever, if not the best.  My favorites are Peyton's and Nathan's. <33

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 03:46:37 PM »
I have 2 ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE episodes!! And they are the season 2 finale (both parts) and the season 3 premiere...

I loved the voiceovers in both epiosdes... Peytons 6 billion people in the premiere of season 3 and then Lucas ends season 3 with another 6 billion people voiceover!!

I love voiceovers, not to bring season 3 quotes in a season 2 quote thread but just sayin...lol...

Anyhoo, this episode, the quotes, voiceovers, all the pain and sadness going on with everyone, I just loved it, Tree Hills Drama at its best! I don't see how ANYONE could not like this finale!! You really felt their pain, Nathans with Haley, Peyton and Jake, Lucas just confused about Brooke, Brooke confused about Lucas liking Peyton.... Even Andy and Karen, her leaving to go to New Zealand....

I know A LOT of people don't like season 2, but I LOVED it!! And even for the people that dislike it, I can't see then saying this was a bad episode!!

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 03:54:14 PM »
EFFING LOVE THIS QUOTE.

& entire episode.
it gave me chills. as lame as that sounds.

anyways, this is definitely one of oth's best.
gosh i just love it! haha.

is this from 2.22? (:
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:18:22 PM »
yes, 2.22... and it gives me chills everytime I watch so your not alone ;)

Offline LPLover623

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon/Sig: Agnes!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
Peyton's quote OWNS ALL

"over-possessive best friends, with weird lesbian energy...and Haley"
Brooke♥Peyton

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 05:24:50 PM »
Peyton's quote isn't near as awesome as Nathan's...it was sooo something he would say, and it really gave alot of insight into him as a character. It was so raw and personal, it's one of my favorite quotes from the show ever.

and I liked Haley's alot. Simple and to the point.

Mouth's quote about Erica Marsh, though... ::) it's the only one I didn't like. I rolled my eyes when he said that.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »
^^ I just laughed!! Cuz it's Mouth and he was finally head over hills for someone other then Brooke! ANd his was like the only not serious one so I like that they threw it in there...

But I agree with what you said about Nathans... That has helped me out soooo much, I know it by heart and I say it to myself from time to time... Heartbreak is something that is SOOOOOO hard to get over... and the words, the way he says it, the whole scene, gives me chills...

HIL_IS_LOVE

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »
Peyton's quote was cheesy.

Offline dreamedinheist88

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 05:49:31 PM »
^ yea, I agree...it didn't really sound like something Peyton would say at all haha.

Offline Jenileesk8

• Posting Freak
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 05:49:46 PM »
Nathan's quote about tragedies and not quitting is my all time favorite OTH quote and nothing with EVER beat it!
~JeniLee~