Author Topic: Exactly what "changed?"  (Read 15525 times)

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
Re: Exactly what "changed?"
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »
^^ I couldn't agree more!!

Offline fanofyours

• Posting Freak
  • av made by signalelement@lj; sig made by redhel@lj
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 10:28:46 AM »
I don't get the whole different thing as well. IMO every season is different. Not only different in story lines but with some kinda different feeling. And it should be.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 11:37:39 PM »
^^ I kn0ow what you mean and in that sense, thats true!! All the seasons are different in some ways...

But there was a different feel for it for some people when it went from season 3 to season 4... It's hard to explain on our end, obviously, but it definitely was something, especially since theres numerous people who notice it...

I dunno, I am pretty certain it was the network change, I wonder if it was still the WB if things would be different... Hmmmm... something to ponder...

Anyhoo, every season is different, has a different type of feel to it... But thats not what we're discussing I suppose...

Offline ashleym

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 12:52:45 AM »
I think season TWO is the one that had a different "feel". It was totally disconnected with season 1. Everyone turned into bizarro versions of themselves, and all these annoying new people came.

At least the characters actually had their normal personalities in season 4, and the stories weren't totally dumb and useless like haley dressed in "sexy" pigtails and brooke dressed as a crab and nathan dressed as a girl scout and Lucas dressed as Dan's son playing horse with random troubled sister of annoying douchebag.

Offline LPLover623

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon/Sig: Agnes!
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »
What changed? Nothing.

It still had the same "One Tree Hill feeling" but IMO this season was just better

"over-possessive best friends, with weird lesbian energy...and Haley"
Brooke♥Peyton

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 04:54:18 PM »
^^ Well nothing changed to you, but something def changed for some people...

I didn't think season four was better then seasons 1,2 and 3 in my opinion, but thats just me, I lOVED season 2, unlike most people on here... Everyones got their own views...

Offline Bec09

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 06:32:30 PM »
^^ Well nothing changed to you, but something def changed for some people...

I didn't think season four was better then seasons 1,2 and 3 in my opinion, but thats just me, I lOVED season 2, unlike most people on here... Everyones got their own views...

ICA.

I've heard lots of people remark that season four feel different from the rest of the seasons, so if it's something that a good amount of people are noticing- then there must be some reason for it.
"To imagine- to dream of things that have not happened is one of man's deepest needs." -Milan Kundera

Offline brokenmixtape2

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 01:43:35 AM »
ICA.

I've heard lots of people remark that season four feel different from the rest of the seasons, so if it's something that a good amount of people are noticing- then there must be some reason for it.

Itīs the same with season 2
Walking the streets with you and your worn out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be

VioletBlue31

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 04:43:58 AM »
I love S4 but I can't help the feeling of discontinuity. S4 had a few highlights: 409, 411 and some special episodes 413 Honey Grove but I think of it as a collection of moments than an entire season.

Offline tahajah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • peyton.lp.skills.bp♥
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2009, 03:56:31 AM »
What changed? Nothing.

It still had the same "One Tree Hill feeling" but IMO this season was just better
you are soo right ;D
season 4 rocks<3

*;-true love never looked so concrete!

Offline ishipleyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • ♥ -- art: lj
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »

It's S1-4 for me. They all go together.

And the closure was excellent. That's where OTH should've ended.

Anyways, IDK how people think S4 is bad, yet think S2 is good? LOL. Because S4 is really good! FACT. hahaha jk.

LOL, agreed.

1-4 go together. period.
They all go to high school. The show has the same vibe. The people grow up. Because honestly the only difference I feel between S3 and S4 was that everyone seemed to grow up except Brooke. And don't use this as something to bash me now because it is true. I love Brooke's character I really do but I despite her in the first half of S4. After the honey grove ep she was okay again.

S4 is my second favorite season I think. All the SL were good. Noone new was shoved down our throats at first. I love how they tie loose ends in S4. It felt like it was the last season of OTH. It was written beautifully. I just loved it.
scars are just skin growing back thicker when it heals

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
It´s the same with season 2

Not for me... Seasons 1-3 go together REALLY well and sweason 4 just felt, odd, different, something about it...

And I'm not saying I didnt like season 4, there was just something that made it feel different to me, and as I stated before, I really think it was the network change...

But this is just me, just my opinion... Everyones entitled to theres, and this is mine I suppose ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:27:53 PM by mary7roses »

Offline ashleytisdale10121

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2009, 11:37:16 PM »
Season 4 is actually my favorite season!
I really didnt understand why people felt a difference.

It may be the LP dating thing, and Brooke not really talking to Lucas or Peyton much.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 12:19:42 AM »
It just felt different... I can't explain it...

Like seasons 1 thru 3 just I dunno, flowed differntly...

Season 4 flowed with seasons 1-3 but not how seasons 1-3 flowed together...

I dunnno, see what happens when I try to explain? lol... I get all jumbled...

And I liked season 4...

I REALLY STRONGLY Feel it was the network change though.... I miss the WB so much!

Offline wvujen

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 01:08:59 AM »
I liked season 4 as a whole and felt it had a few of the best episodes the show has ever had, but it definitely felt different from other seasons.

I've always wondered if when the show changed to the CW network if maybe it was given a budget cut? Everything seemed so different like the sets, the appearances..it's hard to explain but the overall look of the episodes was different from the first 3 seasons.

I also felt that in season 4 they started writing the show around shock value as opposed to good storytelling in the first 3 seasons. While I liked most, not all, of the storylines, I felt there were just too many storylines going on at once and because of that some storylines that should have been a main focus were put on the backburner for storylines that were pointless.

I think it was in season 4 when attention started shifting from the core 5 to secondary characters. The show paid more attention to Mouth crying over his women than they did to Haley's pregnancy which could've been a great storyline instead we just got an episode or two where she mentions she's pregnant and thats about it.

Lastly, something I absolutely loved about the first three seasons was that while the core 5 had their own storylines they were all still connected and you could feel their genuine friendships and everything flowed well together. I didn't really feel that in season 4. I felt the characters were disconnected from eachother and I think that goes back to my opinion that the storylines were written around shock value.

Again, I liked season 4 but it was definitely not a favorite for me. There was just too much going on and the overall feel of the show was different.