Author Topic: Exactly what "changed?"  (Read 15720 times)

onesweethril

Re: Exactly what "changed?"
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »
Well, I like LP, but that will never changed the fact that it was horrific to watch.
I don't no how OTH went from such a HIGH (s3) to such a LOW (s4) in just one season, but it did. I just feel like something was just not right, and like alot of other people said, I can't really put it into words, but I definitely FELT it.

eta: ^ Ugly hair? pretty sure you are mixing s2 & s4 up LOL

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »
Fine, I'll make sure to "balance it" for you: anyone who liked season 6 was a deluded LP fan. Happy?

I disagree about season 2 though. I don't think most people who didn't like it were LP fans. I think they didn't like it because it sucked. Felix and Anna, nasty. Ugly hair. Stupid storylines.

::).

I was just saying that it's the exact same situation and argument for both those seasons.  There's people who aren't BL fans that didn't like season 4 either, so..?  I just don't see the point of saying things like you did about change being because BL broke up.  So change in season 2 is because LP didn't interact?

And the only one with bad hair in season 2 was Peyton, in season 4 EVERYONES hair was horrific.  You won't win that one LOL.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 06:16:48 PM »
I think the reason season 4 seemed different from seasons 1-3, me included in this, was because of the network change...

The only reason I use that is because thats the BEST reason I can give... It Felt like a whole different show to me anyway... They tried to make it like a first season of a show, like with Lucas' voice over telling about how hes a senior at tree hill high, blah blah blah... I think the CW wanted to introduce it as a NEW[/i] show, which it wasn't and I think that threw it all out of whack...

It just seemed weird... But thats me, I liked season 4 but not how I liked seasons 1-3... It just seemed off!!

Offline ashleym

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
I never said the hair wasn't bad in season 4.
Bad hair in season 4 = Lucas.  (I liked nate's long hair)

Bad hair in season 2 = Peyton, Lucas, Haley (wasn't a fan)

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 07:21:11 PM »
The the OP: nothing. :laugh:

It's S1-4 for me. They all go together. Yeah, some seasons are more dis-jointed than some but S4 has NOTHING on S2 LOL [worst transitioning between seasons, IMO.] The epis between S2/3 were the best, IMO. & S3/4 was still really good too. Regardless of what people say S4 WAS OTH, LOL. It had so many good VO's and SL's and music and characters. It was sophisticated. I will admit I do think this season started getting a little too caught up in the drama and shock factor at some points and lost touch with the inspiring aspect a little, but it wasn't anything horrible. It's strong points were at the beginning and the very end, for me, but I still enjoyed it as a whole. (:

ANYWAYS! lol. I always loved S4. It's NOT my favorite season [for OTH as a whole].. it's like my 3rd or 2nd fav, I think. But it didn't really come off like a 'soap opera' to me. Maybe the SL's did a little, but it was nothing out of OTH's character. Now the 2nd PD attack, I'll agree - BADLY done. But the first PD attack I thought was handled really well - for OTH that is. But the SL's weren't unbelievable, they were just really interesting and entertaining to watch which made the season really good. It had a 'fresh' feel too; the same feeling the end of S3 had.

The acting was excellent, the filming was excellent. Gosh, 4.09 has some of the best cinematography I've scene on this show. 1) Nathan did not change, IMO, lol. 2) Brooke became more tolerable from S3. 3) You did have character depth and see their thoughts/feelings with their SL's! LOL. So many examples. The 2nd PD attack is pretty much the only things I can think of where you didn't get good character closure or whatever on that SL.

And the closure was excellent. That's where OTH should've ended.

Anyways, IDK how people think S4 is bad, yet think S2 is good? LOL. Because S4 is really good! FACT. hahaha jk.

Honestly though, EACH season has a different feel to it. But as far as general grouping goes, this is how I'd put it: S1-4 / 5 / 6-7.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:23:06 AM by hilarie.love »
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 08:01:49 PM »
everyone has different opinions...the writers cant accommodate to everybodys preferences so obviously there are going to be people who like one season and dislike another...OTH is like the only show that i have watched all the way through and have actually joined a forum thingy for lol..so i basically have enjoyed ALL the seasons because i just love all the characters...i dislike season 2 and 6 the most but that is just in comparison to the other seasons which i REALLY enjoyed..so if it makes sense..its not that i dislike the seasons..i just like them the least...
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 11:10:23 PM »
Season 4 felt like it was still classic OTH, but starting to go down hill.  And NOT because just of LP or BL, even though that wasn't in my favor and I didn't care for the transition at all.  The storylines just got way out there as well as other things that bothered me, such as everyones hair.  I could not take Lucas or Nathan seriously with their hair lol.  I HATE phycho storylines, including phycho Derrick.  I hated Dante, that felt like a stretch.  Naley and Haley's pregnancy storyline was a big yawn from all their great drama in seasons 1-3.  Brooke has to have a random hook up with a teacher and stealing the test being her storylines.  I could probably come up with more but to put it simply, things were just off but it defenitely wasn't the worst season.

Offline tahajah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • peyton.lp.skills.bp♥
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 11:42:09 PM »
I think the reason season 4 seemed different from seasons 1-3, me included in this, was because of the network change...
i can actually see how people who feel that season 4 was "different" would use this^ reason as in to why season 4 felt "different" to them.

WB was just like that channel. so many great shows with authenticity and quality were produced from WB. i actually miss this netwowk, a lot.

but i digress back to my feeling that season 4 was not different or changed from s1-s3 lol.

*;-true love never looked so concrete!

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 01:22:21 AM »
i can actually see how people who feel that season 4 was "different" would use this^ reason as in to why season 4 felt "different" to them.

WB was just like that channel. so many great shows with authenticity and quality were produced from WB. i actually miss this netwowk, a lot.

but i digress back to my feeling that season 4 was not different or changed from s1-s3 lol.

lol... I love how you agreed then disagreed about it... ;) and I truly I mean that, I'm not trying o be sarcastic or rude,I know how differently people take things when its through typing, so many things can mean so many different things...lol

But I seriously think that that is the reason... It just seemed so different, it wasn't the storylines, the character development, nothing like that... It just had this weird vibe, I can't explain it, like most have said... I dunno...

The storylines came together well from end season 3 to beginning of season 4, but I really think the main reason was...

They kind of tried to make it like a "new show" and it was annoying because we KNOW all this.. like Lucas' voiceover in 401, it was basically a back story of the characters, which we ALL know, and it just seemed weird.... and the weirdness just carried on...

I liked season 4, I'm not saying I didn't like it, I liked season 2 better which everyone here who hears of someone liking season 2 a lot thinks they are out of their minds, lol.... But I'm just saying it was different, it had a weird vibe... I don't categorize it in with seasons 5 or 6, those are on their own cuz of the time jump, IMO, it was just a weird transition I think and I for one never got used to it...

Seasons 1 thru 3 just seem SO MUCH DIFFERENT then the rest... I really don't see how season 4 could categorize with the first three or the last three (I suppose including 7 to make sure my math is right, lol)... It was just... different somehow, unexplainable...

I rambled for too long about this...lol...

Offline tahajah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • peyton.lp.skills.bp♥
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 01:24:31 AM »
lol... I love how you agreed then disagreed about it... ;) and I truly I mean that, I'm not trying o be sarcastic or rude,I know how differently people take things when its through typing, so many things can mean so many different things...lol
oh no hard feelings taken.
i get what you mean.
LOL.
i was just saying how i could see why you would feel that way, i just don't feel that season 4 is different from s1-s3.

:)

*;-true love never looked so concrete!

onesweethril

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 01:28:04 AM »
I do find it interesting though, that like half the fans feel the "different vibe", but can't really put it into words to describe it, and the other half doesn't even know/feel what those fans are talking about.

LOL

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 01:29:52 AM »
^^ LOL... I think its funny too... some people feel it, some people don't.... Quite odd

I understand, everyones got their own views and everything, it just seemed off to me... I dunno...

I really do think it was the network switch and I too miss the WB so much!! It was a WAY better network then CW...

onesweethril

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 01:32:42 AM »
^ Oh I understand too, and love that we all have our own views & opinions! But sometimes I am just like "GAHHH how can you not sense that something was off" LOL but its obviously because no one is going to feel the same way about everything, its actually a good thing that a least some people enjoyed s4! I'm jealous! LOL :)

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 01:36:38 AM »
I'm not sure I enjoyed season 4, there were a few epiosdes, a few AWESOME moments and lines and quotes and voiceovers, and storylines...

But a lot of the season just seemed so... I dunno... eh... ANd it was off base...

Loved Brathan though!! That was fun to find out that they had a sex tape!!

Offline Bec09

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 11:37:15 PM »
I honestly blame it on the CW. lol Something was just way off and I honestly have never felt the same way about OTH since. Everything about the season bugged me pretty much and to make things worse Nathan and Lucas' hair was awful so I couldn't even enjoy looking at them. haha

I guess to me all of the storylines seemed WAY over the top like a soap opera or something.
"To imagine- to dream of things that have not happened is one of man's deepest needs." -Milan Kundera