Author Topic: Brooke and Alexander & Alex and Julian?  (Read 15844 times)

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
Re: Brooke and Alexander & Alex and Julian?
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »
Julian and Alex and Brooke and Alexander?Lol

Nooooo way!I rather enjoy the friendship Julian and Alex have and this Aussie guy was a total gay lord in my POV!xD

Brooke and Alexander?A relationship between them wouldn't have worked out.

Offline chadbethanyjoyfan

• yes
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2012, 03:00:26 PM »
julian and alex i ship them as best friends love them in season 7-9

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »
Alexander sucked and was way too weak for Brooke but I actually liked Alex & Julian. He was more like the S6 Julian whenever he was around her. Austin & Jana have lots more chemistry than Sophia & Austin, imo. I'd like to see how JA would've worked as a couple.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »
Alexander sucked and was way too weak for Brooke but I actually liked Alex & Julian. He was more like the S6 Julian whenever he was around her. Austin & Jana have lots more chemistry than Sophia & Austin, imo. I'd like to see how JA would've worked as a couple.
Really liked Julian and Alex too. They had great chemistry!! Although, I think I always saw them as friends.. And for Alexander, I just hated him, he was useless
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
I thought Julian and Alex had great chemistry as friends. I dno about a couple, I'd have to see it to judge.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 04:48:59 AM »
I never really saw the chemistry between them. And I'm glad they didn't gave them a couple SL. Not every man/woman has to be a couple at some point.

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 09:08:39 AM »
I never really saw the chemistry between them. And I'm glad they didn't gave them a couple SL. Not every man/woman has to be a couple at some point.

Agreed. I think that would have just made it predictable haha.

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »
I don't really enjoy many relationships/friends that involve Julian really. I don't find Austin to be one of the best actors. But I do like him and Jana onscreen. I think it would have stopped being fun once they became a couple though. It always does haha.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2012, 06:17:40 AM »
I don't care to much for Julian either. I like him this season thought. But I always felt he was just brought into the show to serve as a ''soulmate'' for Brooke. Another epic love like Leyton or Naley. Even earlier in the show they tried to hard to find a man for Brooke with whom she would have an epic connection with aswell like Nathan/Haley and Lucas/Haley. Brooke always felt a bit like an outsider love-wise. And it's like they ''settled'' with Julian. Nothing towards the actor or anything but that's how I see it. This season he's actually tolerable..since he's not with Brooke every episode. And the scenes he does have with Brooke ain't that annoying. His friendship with Alex was nice, but I'm glad they didn't went the couple-road as I mentioned earlier. Not every guy has to sleep with every woman on the show.

Alexander and Brooke..not even gonna waste words on it, lol. I actually liked the Victoria/Alexander SL thought, haha.

Offline gap

« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2012, 06:58:35 AM »
^ I agree with you when you say that it feels like they settled with Julian. It's like you said, they always had a hard time finding a guy for Brooke. The only guy that really worked with her and that audience responded to was Lucas. And obviously that relationship was never going to happen again so they kept trying to find a guy that did work. But the audience never responded to her with those guys (Chase, Owen) so when Julian came along and people actually liked them together they ran with it. I've just never felt like their relationship was developed well. You could tell right from the beginning of s7 that they set out for him to be "the guy" for Brooke. There was absolutely no question that this was the guy she was going to end up with. And maybe that took away from their relationship in a way?

Like, I dunno, I feel like the reason why so many people were so heavily and emotionally invested with couples like NH, LP, BL and JP was because, at least during the first 3 seasons, you weren't sure if they were going to work out. All those couples had so many trials and tribulations and build up that they had to go through in order to be together. So if/when they did get together it felt immensely satisfying. Because you saw everything they had to go through, and work for, in order to get to that point. But I've never felt that with BJu. I've never been emotionally invested with them because it felt like they just sort of happened. We've never really had to see them fight for their relationship. Aside from the minor Alex drama and Brooke's infertility. Which really should have been a big trial for them, but it was just sort of swept under the rug. Not to mention that fact that last season they were practically shoved down our throats. Every scene with them may as well have come with a flashing neon sign over them that said "THIS COUPLE IS AMAZING AND YOU WILL LOVE THEM". They were just trying way, way too hard to make them into this amazing/epic couple.

What's also hurt them is that fact that Julian's never really been developed as a character outside of Brooke. What do we know about him? He's a producer, is passionate about movies, was a nerd, has divorced parents, chased butterflies and dated Peyton. That's it. And they've never really made an effort to have him develop friendships outside of Brooke. Nathan he's only hung out with a few times one-on-one, and it's obvious that if their wives weren't friends that probably wouldn't have even happened. He's never had a relationship with Clay, Chase, Mouth, Skillz or any other guy. And obviously not any of the girls either. Not even Haley, baring two convos they've had with eachother. They only real friendships he's had with anyone in Tree Hill were with Alex, who's now gone, and Jamie, a child.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:22:51 AM by gap »

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »
^ I agree with you when you say that it feels like they settled with Julian. It's like you said, they always had a hard time finding a guy for Brooke. The only guy that really worked with her and that audience responded to was Lucas. And obviously that relationship was never going to happen again so they kept trying to find a guy that did work. But the audience never responded to her with those guys (Chase, Owen) so when Julian came along and people actually liked them together they ran with it. I've just never felt like their relationship was developed well. You could tell right from the beginning of s7 that they set out for him to be "the guy" for Brooke. There was absolutely no question that this was the guy she was going to end up with. And that maybe took away from their relationship in a way?

Like, I dunno, I feel like the reason why so many people were so heavily and emotionally invested with couples like NH, LP, BL and JP was because, at least during the first 3 seasons, you weren't sure if they were going to work out. All those couples had so many trials and tribulations and build up that they had to go through in order to be together, so if/when they did get together it felt immensely satisfying. Because you saw everything they had to go through and work for in order to get to that point. But I've never felt that with BJu. I've never been emotionally invested with them because it felt like they just sort of happened. We've never really had to see them fight for their relationship. Aside from the minor Alex drama and Brooke's infertility. Which really should have been a big trial for them, but it was just sort of swept under the rug. Not to mention that fact that last season they were practically shoved down our throats. Every scene with them may as well have come with a flashing neon sign over them that said "THIS COUPLE IS AMAZING AND YOU WILL LOVE THEM".  They were just trying way, way too hard to make them into this amazing/epic couple.

What's also hurt them is that fact that Julian's never really been developed as a character outside of Brooke. When do we know about him? He's a producer, is passionate about movies, was a nerd, has divorced parents, chased butterflies and dated Peyton. That's it. And they've never really made an effort to have him develop friendships outside of Brooke. Nathan he's only hung out with a few times one-on-one, and it's obvious that if their wives weren't friends that probably wouldn't have even happened. He's never had a relationship with Clay, Chase, Mouth, Skillz or any other guy. And obviously not any of the girls either. Not even Haley, baring two convos they've had with eachother. They only really friendships he's had with anyone in Tree Hill were with Alex, who's now gone, and Jamie, a child.

Agreed completely ^^ That's what I ment aswell.

But I must add, like in my last post, that I actually like their scenes this season. We don't get an overdose anymore, and their scenes feel natural.

Offline gap

« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2012, 07:04:12 AM »
^ Oh yeah. They've definitely improved this season. I think I like them more now then I ever have in the past.

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »
What's also hurt them is that fact that Julian's never really been developed as a character outside of Brooke. What do we know about him? He's a producer, is passionate about movies, was a nerd, has divorced parents, chased butterflies and dated Peyton. That's it. And they've never really made an effort to have him develop friendships outside of Brooke. Nathan he's only hung out with a few times one-on-one, and it's obvious that if their wives weren't friends that probably wouldn't have even happened. He's never had a relationship with Clay, Chase, Mouth, Skillz or any other guy. And obviously not any of the girls either. Not even Haley, baring two convos they've had with eachother. They only real friendships he's had with anyone in Tree Hill were with Alex, who's now gone, and Jamie, a child.

Agreed. I think it would have been better if we had seen him create more of a life in Tree Hill, I can't say I blame the poor boy for wanting to move back to LA haha.