Author Topic: "Love Lost"  (Read 8540 times)

Lee Norris

"Love Lost"
« on: October 20, 2009, 12:26:02 AM »
Okay, so I'm getting to be a little better about this posting thing.  I really wanted to come on tonight and talk about one of the songs from tonight's episode (706).  Are you guys game??

"Love Lost" by Temper Trap

"Our love was lost, but now we've found it
And if you flash your heart, I won't deny it" ....

"When you're ready . . . I am here to take you every time."

Those are just some of the simple, but powerful lyrics.  Isn't that what we all want to hear?  That you've got someone who will take you "every time," no matter how much you've messed up, or how imperfect you feel?  Man, I love music.  I'm such a music geek!  Anyway, I think several "Tree Hill" couples could use this song on their playlists right now -- every couple has a lot of adversity going on.  I hope you guys are enjoying the drama!

And PS, do any of my music gurus know more about Temper Trap?  I'm loving their new album.  You guys are always on top of things... last time I asked for music suggestions, you suggested Owl City and then BAM... Owl City is all over the radio like a week later!  You guys are good. :) 

Thanks for all the encouraging words and love.  I hope it all comes right back to you!

-Lee

Offline Melissa

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • D'Arch ♥ D'Lov
    • Brucas Destiny Boards
Re: "Love Lost"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 12:33:06 AM »
Aw Lee those lyrics are amazing!! thankyou for sharing them with us. It's hard to notice the lyrics when your trying to watch the show lol. I'm def going to go listen to that song haha!

haha Lee! I suggested Owl City to you 8) I'm guessing you like them?

And I love Mouth this season so much! Great job!! :D

thanks for taking your time to post on here <3
I'm over my head and I know it, I know it. I'm doing my best not to show it, to show it.
Whatever it takes to be, what I was meant to be I'm gonna try. ♥

Offline othluv

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:34:07 AM »
Great job tonight Lee.  Loved how Mouth protected Nathan even though Nathan told him it was okay to do the story. As far as the music goes..it was perfect for this episode.

ajay0311

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »
Lee! I recently heard about Temper Trap! A friend suggested them to me, and i love them! The new album is great!

If you like Owl City check out Lights if you havent already (i've heard she auditioned for the role of Mia but i'm not too sure on the validity of that fact) She's touring the US with Owl City this fall and she's a great Canadian artist who i support wholeheartedly.

Great job on tonights episode. I'm Loving mouth this season

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 12:47:51 AM »
Those are absolutely beautiful lyrics. I have to confess that it was one of the things that I noticed and loved about tonight's episode, the music.

I definitely felt the love tonight between my favourite couple, need I say their names? :) It was great to see that no matter what, Mouth is there to support the lady that he loves.  She made a mistake, he was there for her, she was feeling insecure about being a model and being in a swim suit, he was there for her.  That's something that we all long for it think.  Someone just to be there to say everything is ok.  Its a nice feeling to have someone care that much about you :)

The episode was amazing! By far my favourite one! I wrote a novel on our website about it haha.

You had me laughing, like always and you had me in tears by the end <3 beautifully done!

As for music suggestions... nope can't say I have any that would be of interest to you! :P Your musical taste seems far better than mine ;)

Thanks for posting again, so soon!! You are getting good at it!! haha
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:14:19 AM by lee_loverxox »

One Tree Hill will always be in my heart <3

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 12:48:54 AM »
^^^^ haha Ashleigh I love Lights <3 great Canadian artist!

Offline the.swiss.cheese

• Posting Freak
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 12:49:03 AM »
I'm in love with Sweet Disposition. IN LOVE

I'm a music geek too. There is no shame. :)

I have always appreciated how well this show is a picking out the perfect lyric to sum up a scene. It just makes it so much more special to watch.

ajay0311

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 12:50:29 AM »
^^^^ haha Ashleigh I love Lights <3 great Canadian artist!
Definitely! I worked with her earlier this year at Canadian Music Week and she's a total sweetheart too!

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 12:51:21 AM »
Definitely! I worked with her earlier this year at Canadian Music Week and she's a total sweetheart too!

wow! thats amazing .. gosh, im so old school music ... its horrible! haha

ajay0311

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 12:53:11 AM »
wow! thats amazing .. gosh, im so old school music ... its horrible! haha
Haha I'm really all over the place when it comes to music, i guess that comes with being a Music Business student but i love all sorts of things in every genre its ridiculous.

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 12:55:48 AM »
see my problem is, it takes me a long time to get into "new music" I don't even listen to the radio .. mainly because there's too many commercials.. but, they just don't play the songs or artists I like ...

I told my friend, for our 30 hour drive to Wilmington "oh dont worry .. I have enough Backstreet Boys and Hanson to last us at least 15 hours or more!" lets just say, she gave me a very dirty look ;)

Offline Lauren

• <3
    • watch with lauren
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 02:24:01 AM »
Ohh, Reese tweeted that she was seeing Temper Trap in NYC on Wednesday. haha. I just finished re-watching the episode and I loved the music tonight. I really enjoyed the episode, as well.

LOL Amanda. You and I have very different tastes in music. Let's just say I'm glad I won't be sharing a car with you! LMAO. I love you, though. :)

I don't listen to the radio, either. I only listen to the music I have on my ipod. The music I own is 100x better than what they play on the radio, anyway. ha.

Offline Marieke

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 09:00:42 AM »
Aww those lyrics are great. I am a big music lover but I usually just listen to whatever comes out on the radio or on tv... I'm such a follower... :P So whatever song I'm going to mention to you, you probably already heard of it. So I'm afraid I've got nothing new for you love...

Except, I watched Glee last week (God that's a good show!!!) and I really liked their cover of Hate On Me, it's originally sung by Jill Scott.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Sbun0lHcI

And I LOVED their cover of Avril Lavigne's Keep Holding On. I'm not an Avril fan but I like that song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmaRB0nz-eY

Love to see you posting more my friend! :D

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 10:21:41 AM »
LOL Amanda. You and I have very different tastes in music. Let's just say I'm glad I won't be sharing a car with you! LMAO. I love you, though. :)

hahah Its not my fault ... I grew up in the 90s, so I was surrounded by the boybands and such ... I cant just deny them now that we are in 2009 and they are no longer the "it thing" ;) hahah and considering that my BSB are still around and killin' it all over the world, they are my favourite band :)

^^^ that right there cost me approx $300 for the soundcheck which included the picture, $100 for the concert ticket and $40 for gas.. so $440.... and I did that FOUR times last year! haaha

and besides, i've spent too much money on them already to quit now ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:40:00 AM by lee_loverxox »

Offline Nathalie

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
    • here
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
Oh Lee! I just listened to the song and It's AMAZING! This is seriously like my fave new song lmfao. You should seriously post one of your playlists on here because it sounds like you have awesome taste in music and I'd love to hear some gof the songs! Thanks again for coming on here and posting to us! And you did a terrific job on last nights episode! Hope all is well :)

Amanda Seyfried ♥