Author Topic: High School Brooke  (Read 13020 times)

Offline naley_brulain_leyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Jack & Rose
Re: High School Brooke
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 12:03:47 PM »
I wouldnt really get into the hurtful things she did to people cuz a lot of them did hurtful things to people...and you dont see Mark throwing that back in there faces.
That's what I was about to post.  Yes, Brooke wasn't perfect. But none of them were.

Lucas cheated with Peyton who took drugs.
Nathan was really horrible in the beginning of season one, then everything that happened when Haley left.
Even Haley, the show's angel, left her husband to go on tour and ended up kissing another guy.

So, if they want to poke fun at HS Brooke, fine, just do it for everyone else too. It's only fair.

*...I was wrong...*

Offline Elilo

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 12:16:07 PM »
^ I agree they all made some big mistakes in fact Brooke didn't do something like taking drugs or cheated or anything like that so it's weird how they're trying to show us she was the worst thing in OTH history ever! >:(
'He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it.'

Offline NaleyJamesScott

• Icon - ?
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »
I think they were referring to season 1 and before season one, i dont think its their personalities that are similar just the sluttiness and Chase i think knew of her reputation and he saw her time capsule video so theres that aswell, and when they first went out when she was supposed to tutoring him she climbed into the back seat, so i think he could have got it from there. But she hasnt been like that for years and she would never go for someone who was taken unlike Alex.

Offline Elilo

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2009, 12:40:38 PM »
it's not only what Chase said.it started in 6.16!and in this episode Brooke herself said that line about HS Brooke!
'He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it.'

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 12:54:06 PM »
the show definitely brings up all the other character's past mistakes. people are constantly making jokes to nathan about how he slept with Taylor, and the sextape. people bring up the tour alot. it's not just brooke LOL...

Brooke was self-admittedly slutty in S1. people like to not remember the first like 10 episodes of S1, when Brooke was the typical slutty, manipulative mean girl, and she caused alot of havoc. she changed yea, but it doesn't mean it never happened. she changed because she was given a chance. Lucas told her that she didn't have to be like that with him, and after they dated she changed, not necessarily because of him, but because for the first time someone saw something in her other than sex and her looks. i think that's the similarity with Alex, there's more to both of them, but Alex hasn't had someone look past that yet, which is why it rubs me the wrong way when brooke acts like Alex is just a slut with nothing going on upstairs. she hates when people said that about her, so why would she say that about someone else?

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »
I've only skimmed the last few posts, so I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the thing is most Brooke fans WILL admit she was slutty, and it's kind of what made her the Brooke we fell in love with in a weird way.  It's the same as Peyton fans liking her for being a bitch (FYI not calling her one, just repeating what I hear), or Haley fans liking her for speaking her mind.  It's not the world's best quality, but whatever.

The thing is, the other characters don't have their pasts brought up in the same way.  Peyton's past was not mentioned, even when she was reprimanding another character about something similar.  Haley's past was not mentioned when she was specifically talking about the value of marriage, WTF at that.  Lucas's past is never ever brought up, when he does something stupid it's ignored like 2 episodes later, he's never accountable for his actions, but that's another issue.  Nathan's past is brought up sometimes, but that's because the situations with third parties keep happening again and again for NH so it's a bit relevant (although I can see it getting annoying).  With Brooke, it's little slut comments for no reason at all, I don't see why she gets the brunt of the "reminding" when none of them really had that flawless of a past.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »
^ yea it is really weird...for some reason they build whole storylines around Brooke being insecure about 'high school brooke', while the others just get little comments every once in a while(except for nathan, it gets really annoying with him), so that magnifies it. I don't really know what to make of what Mark thinks of Brooke...he writes her in such contradictory ways. Like he makes her seem like an angel and gives her the title "most selfless" of Tree Hill, but then he does things like this where everyone rags on her about high school. maybe he has a complex...idk.

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 03:40:38 PM »
^ yea it is really weird...for some reason they build whole storylines around Brooke being insecure about 'high school brooke', while the others just get little comments every once in a while(except for nathan, it gets really annoying with him), so that magnifies it. I don't really know what to make of what Mark thinks of Brooke...he writes her in such contradictory ways. Like he makes her seem like an angel and gives her the title "most selfless" of Tree Hill, but then he does things like this where everyone rags on her about high school. maybe he has a complex...idk.

LOL I agree, it's def Mark having a complex.

It's making me annoyed with Brooke already, I don't like her whiny like this.  I'm not even talking about the stuff with Julian in 7x06, cause seriously, he kept it from her that Alex got naked LOL I'd be pissed too, it's just in general she's different lately.  I love the comments she was making and that she referred to Alex as "hoebag", but she's getting strange with Julian, I don't know how to explain it properly.  But I have to say, Brooke has improved TONS since the season started.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline NYislesfan

• Posting Freak
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
Also i hate the fact that they make it seem like Brooke is so ashamed of the way she was in high school..they only focus on the bad..i think brooke should remember all the good she did in high school..and the next time someone says Alex is like high school Brooke she can come back with all the great stuff she did and how Alex is nothing like her!

Offline naley_brulain_leyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Jack & Rose
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 09:27:29 PM »
Also i hate the fact that they make it seem like Brooke is so ashamed of the way she was in high school..they only focus on the bad..i think brooke should remember all the good she did in high school..and the next time someone says Alex is like high school Brooke she can come back with all the great stuff she did and how Alex is nothing like her!
Agreed. "Did Little Miss Hoebag, run for school president and win?"

*...I was wrong...*

Offline ashleym

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 09:34:09 PM »
That's what I was about to post.  Yes, Brooke wasn't perfect. But none of them were.

Lucas cheated with Peyton who took drugs.
Nathan was really horrible in the beginning of season one, then everything that happened when Haley left.
Even Haley, the show's angel, left her husband to go on tour and ended up kissing another guy.

So, if they want to poke fun at HS Brooke, fine, just do it for everyone else too. It's only fair.

Really?? What does this have to do with ANY of the other characters? What's with this obsession with being "fair", it's so petty!  Would it make people happier if every time someone said something bad about Brooke, they also made sure to mention all the terrible things that every other character has done?? geez.   

They were merely making fun of the fact that for a large portion of high school, Brooke was a bitch and/or a slut.  Why is this so difficult to digest? That's what she was! deal with it. She has.

Offline BrucasIsLove82

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: Dorkodancer147
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 10:58:34 PM »
i hate how they act like 'high school brooke' was just one person, when she was 2 clearly distinct people. she changed a lot in junior year for the better.. so i hate it when they talk about high school brooke like she was the same all through high school. she was only a slut up until she met lucas really.. after that she didnt sleep around much at all and when she did it was always with one person at a time.

Offline ashleym

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 12:16:43 AM »
uuuum, I don't know how many people you had sex with in high school, but I'd say Brooke racked them up. We know she was a giant slut until the beginning of grade 11 (so she was only 16 at the time). Then, over the course of OTH (high school), she had sex with Lucas, Nathan, some guy in the bar in season 1, Felix, Chris Keller, Chase, and her TEACHER.  That's quite a lot for a girl who had a boyfriend half the time!   Plus, throughout the high school seasons, she did many  bitchy/selfish things.  So it's not like they're being inaccurate.

Offline Elilo

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 03:03:48 AM »
you're trying to say Brooke was so much worse than anyone else just because she slept with 6 guys in HS (I'm talking about those that we've seen and has happened from S1 cuz anything before that shouldn't be brought up IMO we don't know what others did before S1), while Peyton slept with Nathan,Lucas,Pete,Jake so there is not much difference if you ask me!
and PLEASE don't even talk about Brooke being selfish/bitchy cuz all of them were like this period.
and she only acted that way when someone had hurt her feelings.

Offline TorturedFate

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • On the count of two...
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 04:02:49 AM »
I don't mind that the characters mention she was a slut in HS, because she was (A lovable slut, but a slut none the less... Although compared to some girls today she was the Virgin Mary) but they make it seem like that's ALL she was in High School, and she was so much more.
**She's the girl who started what became a multibillion dollar company out of High School.
**she's the girl who was Senior Class President.
**She's the girl who Started DW not I.
She did all of this while living in a constant state of feeling inferior to EVERYONE because of parents that never wanted her.

So when comments (From people who are supossed to be her best friends) like these are made:

Peyton: High School Brooke majored in sex.
Haley: Who in Tree Hill hasn't lost their Virginity to Brooke Davis?

It kind of annoys me, especially since neither of them were anywhere near perfect.

it's a beautiful lie, it's a perfect denial, such a beautiful lie to believe in.