Author Topic: High School Brooke  (Read 13019 times)

Lynn279

Re: High School Brooke
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 01:43:05 AM »
Maybe Chase WAS talking about Brooke pre-season 1? He probably knew about her reputation at the time through gossip and stuff, even if she wasn't that way when he met her. Or it could be the writers forgetting that Chase ISN'T one of the core characters and assuming he's been around since season 1 :)

I always thought the show was very clear that Brooke matured a lot in seasons 1 and 2, like in the beginning of 2x22 when Brooke sees the image of her past self. It doesn't make sense that the show would be trying to paint Brooke from all of seasons 1-4 as this horrible person.

Offline stoptheangst

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »
i thought that this wasn't a slutty reference as much as it was an aggressive reference....Brooke pursued Lucas till she got hurt in s1. I'm not going to rehash the debate but up until the time Brooke started to develop strong feelings for him I believe she was very much like Alex with her partying ways...I think it was after that we saw her character change....there were some questionable ways she went about going after Lucas and even though Alex chose not to be as obvious as she initially was it was clear she still wanted Julian. When she(Alex) invited Julian to stay it kinda put it into perspective her true motives.

THe characters are old enough to recognize that their old selves were questionable and they are still trying to get used to their new selves. I think that the fact that Brooke can criticize herself shows her maturity.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 03:41:22 AM by stoptheangst »
PEYTON: ...and I just let him waltz into my house like (low raspy voice) “Hey, I’m crazy psycho can I come in” (normal voice) and I’m like (California valley girl voice) “Yeah, sure you wanna see my bedroom”

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 04:22:45 AM »
I'm just annoyed that brooke is insecure AGAIN about julian wanting high school brooke. we already did this SL, writers, or have you forgotten?

I think alex is like HS brooke in that there is more to her than meets the eye(she is smart, wants to be taken seriously with this movie thing). brooke always complained that no one saw past her looks and reputation in HS, which is why she did the student council thing. so it doesn't make sense to me that brooke doesn't kinda get where alex is coming from. their situations aren't exactly the same, of course, but they are similar.

but, the way brooke is handling this whole thing honestly reminds me of high school, especially the way she's acting towards julian. I don't like Alex, I think she's childish and annoying, and Brooke has every right to be a total biatch to her, but julian isn't doing anything wrong. He just wants to DO SOMETHING besides go get coffee and sit around all day.

Offline Mandie

• I should own stock in this place!
  • ABS ▪ LV ▪ BL ▪ DE ♥
    • Lights
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 06:34:04 AM »
High school Brooke graduated ya'll.

when it comes to love you're just as blinded.

Offline Morgan

• I'm a VIP!
  • N.Scott ♥
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 06:46:21 AM »
I don't understand why the writer's make it seem like we never actually saw Brooke in high school.

but, the way brooke is handling this whole thing honestly reminds me of high school, especially the way she's acting towards julian. I don't like Alex, I think she's childish and annoying, and Brooke has every right to be a total biatch to her, but julian isn't doing anything wrong. He just wants to DO SOMETHING besides go get coffee and sit around all day.

I say Brooke is completely justified in the way she is acting. Alex got NAKED in front of him and has blatantly hit on him time after time. She even makes comments in front of Brooke about wanting Julian. I would be pissed if he didn't tell me what she did either.
-katy.rocks.my.socks-

Shoutout to my haters! Sorry you couldn't phase me.

Offline butterflies21

• Posting Freak
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 06:55:08 AM »
yea, but he came to brooke immediately and said he didn't want to work with alex anymore. I get brooke being mad at ALex, I would hate her too, but brooke is just acting like she's mad julian is working on the movie all the time and instead of talking to him about it and actually communicating, she's playing games and being all bitchy about it. I really don't like Alex, but Julian just wants to do something and work on a movie.

I guess they're making her act like this for comedy, but...it's just annoying and childish to me. nothing is going to be solved if she doesn't just tell Julian how him working with Alex makes her feel.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:05:26 AM by butterflies21 »

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 07:20:28 AM »

Completely agree. I really don't understand why she acted the way she did towards Julian. He did nothing wrong in that situation, he actually handled it right. When Alex showed up naked in front of him he immediately left the hotel room and was ready to quit working with her.

I actually feel bad for Julian. He quited doing movies in LA, moved back to TH to be with Brooke and now spends all his time bringing Brooke coffee, renting movies and when he actually has an opportunity to work again, Brooke's insecurities are showing up again.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:25:10 AM by docent12 »

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

Offline NYislesfan

• Posting Freak
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 09:43:03 AM »
^ Umm she keeps telling him how she doesnt like the fact that there working together..than Alex gets naked in front of him, and he says nothing and keeps working with her..i think Brooke just doesnt know what to do..she keeps talking to Julian and he does nothing about it..i'd be pissed as her too.

Offline NYislesfan

• Posting Freak
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »
I love how peopel are saing her insecurities are showing up again..lets see..her best friend stole her bf..and now this girls trying to steal her bf..yeah she has NO reason to be worried.....

Offline Agnes

• docent12
  • I'm a VIP!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 11:29:09 AM »
^So he should quit every job opportunity he has just because some girl is throwing herself at him? Well than I guess he should stop being movie producer right now since it's pretty common thing in this business. And this excuse with Brooke about her insecurities is realy getting old. It was in high school, almost 7 years ago. Julian loves Brooke so much and it's pretty obvious that besides work he is not interested in Alex. So while I undersatnd her anger towards Alex I just don't understan why she acted the same way towards Julian.

Can you hear my song now, Mr. Turner?

Offline NYislesfan

• Posting Freak
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2009, 11:35:40 AM »
^ umm no...but the fact that the girl wont leave him alone give Brooke a right to be mad...Alex is feeding off of Brooke being jealous and just making it worse...and it doesnt matter if shes still insecure..she was hurt real bad! thats not something you forget...and since this is the first time shes been in love since than it makes sense that shes scared....and its not like she was a bitch to Julian..she just told him he was sleeping on the couch since she didnt tell her about the naked thing..couples fight and sleep on couchs all the time

ANYWAY! I dont like the fact that they keep making it seem like Brooke was horrible in high school.she did a lot of good stuff and helped alot of people.

Offline naley_brulain_leyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Jack & Rose
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
^So he should quit every job opportunity he has just because some girl is throwing herself at him? Well than I guess he should stop being movie producer right now since it's pretty common thing in this business. And this excuse with Brooke about her insecurities is realy getting old. It was in high school, almost 7 years ago. Julian loves Brooke so much and it's pretty obvious that besides work he is not interested in Alex. So while I undersatnd her anger towards Alex I just don't understan why she acted the same way towards Julian.
Agreed. If it's not Alex, it'll just be some other hoebag.

*...I was wrong...*

Offline Elilo

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »
ANYWAY! I dont like the fact that they keep making it seem like Brooke was horrible in high school.she did a lot of good stuff and helped alot of people.

yeah I have a BIG BIG BIG problem with them trying to say HS Brooke was a terrible person.It just gets on my nerves; and when Brooke said she wouldn't like her HS self around Julian I wanted to scream! It's so annoying like now that BL is officially over Mark needs another way to hurt Brooke's fans by proving she was a stupid B!*** in HS.that version of Brooke is the one we felt in love with not this one!  ::)
'He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it.'

Offline babyjames23

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2009, 11:51:37 AM »
Brooke was no angel in season 1. Look what she did to Rachel. It was like a month after Jimmy, and she's back to making someone else miserable. It's not that I don't like Brooke, but she never lets anyone in, so how is she going to know what she wants? And as far as her and Peyton goes, she didn't have to make that horrible comment about her on the way to the game in season 4. I just feel Brooke doesn't trust anyone, so how can she trust herself?
<3 Leo & Marty

Offline NYislesfan

• Posting Freak
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2009, 11:55:24 AM »
Thats not the Brooke there talking about..there talking about the "slutty" Brooke..since appanretly thats all she was in high school.

I wouldnt really get into the hurtful things she did to people cuz a lot of them did hurtful things to people...and you dont see Mark throwing that back in there faces.