Author Topic: High School Brooke  (Read 12856 times)

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
High School Brooke
« on: October 19, 2009, 11:59:19 PM »
What's with all the digs at her?

I loved high school Brooke.  I loved how she knew what she want, and went after it for the most part without hurting anyone.  How is she even being compared to Alex?  LOL at that, Mark trying to change things yet again. 

Brooke may have been "slutty" (I mean really, compared to a lot of girls I know she's not), but that doesn't take away from how strong she was back then.  How many girls start a fashion line in high school that goes on to make millions? 

Brooke wasn't a bad person in high school, and IMO she was one of the best ones on the show at that time.  Confidence isn't a bad thing, seriously.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline JamieLynn832002

• http://groups.msn.com/HotApplePieFans
Re: High School Brooke
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 12:03:58 AM »
I think a lot of times when they refer to High School Brooke they're referring more to Brooke before the show started. Pre-show Brooke has often been implied to have been very different from the Brooke we're used to seeing. I think that's the Brooke Alex is like. If that's not the case then I don't get it either...

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 12:06:16 AM »
I guess so.

But I mean even Chase was saying it, and he didn't meet her until she was the Brooke we saw in season 4.

I just hate how Brooke used to be so confident in herself and now she just thinks she was a useless slut, basically.

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 12:09:57 AM »
It rubbed me the wrong way, but I did like there were some mentions of HS B. Davis..just not in the way they did it.

Offline naley_brulain_leyton

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Jack & Rose
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 12:10:24 AM »
I don't know what is up with Mark and the writers.

At first I thought they were talking about Pre-Show Brooke. But Chase did mention her like that.

I think they just need to give Peyton's best friend and her only real competition for Lucas a break.

Brooke is amazing. Sweet, Smart, Funny, Friend to everyone, Beautiful, and more.

*...I was wrong...*

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 12:12:50 AM »
Sometimes it can be funny when they bring it up, but it's getting ridiculous the way they're doing it.  

Brooke would NOT have deliberately gone after a guy who she knew was in a serious relationship, especially with someone she knew.  The only way her and Alex are similar is how they have funny one liners.

erayk90

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 12:21:05 AM »
When Chase said that I was like, huh?? Like, Brooke would never make a off handed comment like Alex did to Millie about her being a 'plus-size model' in high school - slutty or not. One thing I can say about hs Brooke is she was always their for the people she cared about. Plus, Alex stripping for Julian does NOT make her high school Brooke. The end.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:22:46 AM by erayk90 »

Katrina87

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 12:26:32 AM »
IMO Brooke was pretty slutty but mostly in season one, remember when in the beginning she was seducing Lucas with a "naked me in a jacuzzi" when she knew him and peyton were really into each other. Also season 2 she and Felix just used each other for sex...

I still love Brooke tho! She always had her heart in the right place and as soon as they showed that side of her character i just loved her. I still think the comparisons between hs brooke and alex are  kinda fair...But She is not the same person anymore and has grown so much so she really shouldnt even mind anyone reminding her how slutty she was...what does it matter now anyway?

Offline TorturedFate

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • On the count of two...
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 12:30:35 AM »
It annoys me too. Sure Brooke was a bit slutty in High School, but not like they are making her out to be, and definately not like Alex.

it's a beautiful lie, it's a perfect denial, such a beautiful lie to believe in.

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 12:32:01 AM »
When Chase said that I was like, huh?? Like, Brooke would never make a off handed comment like Alex did to Millie about her being a 'plus-size model' in high school - slutty or not. One thing I can say about hs Brooke is she was always their for the people she cared about. Plus, Alex stripping for Julian does NOT make her high school Brooke. The end.

^Exactly!  It's stuff like that that makes this ridiculous.  Brooke Davis was LOYAL, I don't know why that's so hard for the people to understand who wrote her that way in the first place.

IMO Brooke was pretty slutty but mostly in season one, remember when in the beginning she was seducing Lucas with a "naked me in a jacuzzi" when she knew him and peyton were really into each other. Also season 2 she and Felix just used each other for sex...

I still love Brooke tho! She always had her heart in the right place and as soon as they showed that side of her character i just loved her. I still think the comparisons between hs brooke and alex are  kinda fair...But She is not the same person anymore and has grown so much so she really shouldnt even mind anyone reminding her how slutty she was...what does it matter now anyway?

It's not really the same.  First off, she may have been trying to seduce Lucas, but what's wrong with that?  Not gonna get into the Peyton/Brooke thing here, but he was just as much hers to get as he was Peyton's.  Julian is CLEARLY dating Brooke, they're living together and they have a serious relationship.  Alex trying to get with him is so completely different.

Season 2 isn't really an issue.  So what if her and Felix were simply sleeping with each other?  That doesn't make her a bad person like they're trying to imply she was.  She wanted to sleep with Felix, she didn't want a relationship, she did what she wanted, more power to her.  That's my point, her "slutty" actions didn't hurt anyone, and they were what she wanted to do.

Offline lee_loverxox

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 12:33:05 AM »
I think it was just a reference to the fact that she was flirtatious and stuff.. had nothing to do with Brooke's intelligence.

One Tree Hill will always be in my heart <3

Katrina87

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 12:39:08 AM »

It's not really the same.  First off, she may have been trying to seduce Lucas, but what's wrong with that?  Not gonna get into the Peyton/Brooke thing here, but he was just as much hers to get as he was Peyton's.  Julian is CLEARLY dating Brooke, they're living together and they have a serious relationship.  Alex trying to get with him is so completely different.

Season 2 isn't really an issue.  So what if her and Felix were simply sleeping with each other?  That doesn't make her a bad person like they're trying to imply she was.  She wanted to sleep with Felix, she didn't want a relationship, she did what she wanted, more power to her.  That's my point, her "slutty" actions didn't hurt anyone, and they were what she wanted to do.

^well im not saying lucas was not hers to hit on or anything, just that offering a 'naked me' to someone who is clearly into someone else to lure him to bed IS slutty. Also i personally find friend with benefits slutty. That being said, it is true that Brooke's slutty ways never hurt anyone, Brooke wouldn't hit on a guy who is already with someone. Alex is way worse than Brooke was but she still does remind me of hs Brooke....and thats all the everyone in the epi was saying anyway.

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 12:47:09 AM »
^well im not saying lucas was not hers to hit on or anything, just that offering a 'naked me' to someone who is clearly into someone else to lure him to bed IS slutty. Also i personally find friend with benefits slutty. That being said, it is true that Brooke's slutty ways never hurt anyone, Brooke wouldn't hit on a guy who is already with someone. Alex is way worse than Brooke was but she still does remind me of hs Brooke....and thats all the everyone in the epi was saying anyway.

Yea, but I'm saying it's stupid to compare the two situations as much as they did when they are VERY different.  It's obvious it bothers Brooke, and it shouldn't because she was NOT like Alex. 

I never said some of her actions weren't slutty, I'm saying I don't see it as a bad thing.  She was confident and she went after what she wanted (and not at the expense of someone else).  That's the big difference with her and Alex, and that's why it's not fair to compare the two.

Also, Alex is just inconsiderate with Millie who would be her "friend".  Brooke was not like that with people she cared about.

Katrina87

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 12:49:13 AM »
^Hmmmm, you know what you've actually managed to convince me. :)

Offline DM3D2

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 01:11:50 AM »
Yea, but I'm saying it's stupid to compare the two situations as much as they did when they are VERY different.  It's obvious it bothers Brooke, and it shouldn't because she was NOT like Alex. 

I never said some of her actions weren't slutty, I'm saying I don't see it as a bad thing.  She was confident and she went after what she wanted (and not at the expense of someone else).  That's the big difference with her and Alex, and that's why it's not fair to compare the two.

Also, Alex is just inconsiderate with Millie who would be her "friend".  Brooke was not like that with people she cared about.

What are you talking about?  Of course she went after stuff at the expense of someone else!  In season 1 not only did she act like a total slut going after Lucas, she purposely tried to manipulate Peyton and Nathan into getting back together.  And she had no reservations about screwing over Haley hardcore in the process (she claimed that Nathan showed that lovey dovey note to everyone).  I don't care what way you cut it, when you are that manipulative about it as to fake set people up that you know aren't right for eachother (or would have to be the worst friend in the world not to know), one of which is supposedly your best friend, so you can screw the guy that she really cares about, sorry, but that's not a good person.

She also slept with Nathan on camera while Nathan was on-again off-again with Peyton, screwing her supposedly best friend over again.  And she didn't feel like saying anything over the years until she was forced to deal with it.

She slept with Chris Keller.  I mean, come on.

She cheated on her tests, let Rachel take the fall for it, until the last possible moment.  This was symbolic of Brooke *finally* becoming a better person.

Highschool Brooke was very much like highschool Nathan... not an evil person, but not a good person, someone that needed to stop being so selfish and screwing over people to get what they wanted.  That was actually a big part of Seasons 1-4.  It wasn't just "confidence" on her part, it was her screwing people over when it suited her interests, like Alex.